Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 12th March 2009, 08:47   #81  |  Link
zeropc

quantom of solace (u.k.) cannot be freed from the region code. any chance for an update of the app?

i still get the "less then zero" error message.
zeropc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 02:37   #82  |  Link
VistaVick

I 2nd that request for the new bond, james bond.

Please don't give up on this software, we need you!
VistaVick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 05:21   #83  |  Link
JBear

quantum....?

Hey folks,
I am new to this site and having the same issue with Mr Bond. I used BD Rebuider, dropped size to 23 GB, ran it through region code remover and had the same error(as zeropc). Tried to remove region code from the BD-50 original(hard disk) and still same error. Burned the BD-25 anyhow and ended up with"THIS IS A REGION B DISC" message on my U.S PS3. Am currently re-ripping the "coasted" ,for me anyways,BD-25 using anydvd hd and will post back.

Last edited by JBear; 15th March 2009 at 05:44.
JBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 20:50   #84  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
Hey folks,
I am new to this site and having the same issue with Mr Bond. I used BD Rebuider, dropped size to 23 GB, ran it through region code remover and had the same error(as zeropc). Tried to remove region code from the BD-50 original(hard disk) and still same error. Burned the BD-25 anyhow and ended up with"THIS IS A REGION B DISC" message on my U.S PS3. Am currently re-ripping the "coasted" ,for me anyways,BD-25 using anydvd hd and will post back.
I can only guess that you are using the 'internet' copy as if you use anydvd it removes it automatically if you need to when it is ripped. You can use imgburn on the version you have on your HDD to create an iso image. Then, if you mount that using virtual dvd, you can rip it again to your HDD with anydvd to give a clean copy. From then on you're okay.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 04:19   #85  |  Link
VistaVick

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
I can only guess that you are using the 'internet' copy as if you use anydvd it removes it automatically if you need to when it is ripped. You can use imgburn on the version you have on your HDD to create an iso image. Then, if you mount that using virtual dvd, you can rip it again to your HDD with anydvd to give a clean copy. From then on you're okay.
Anydvd says it is removing the region code, yet in both powerdvd and tmt it says region B when you mount the iso...so I don't think it is working on this title. I also have a promo copy of this movie ahead of next weeks release, not a warez release.
Old 18th March 2009, 21:56   #86  |  Link
VistaVick

Actually I got anydvd hd to remove the region code I think for quantum of solace. Make sure you have the video bluray settings in anydvd set to remove bluray region code checked and automatic checked, the other settings do not work.

As the above poster suggested, If you have it ripped to the disc and dont have the bluray with you at the moment, simply write the folders to an iso using a program like imgburn, then mount the iso with daemontools, have anydvd scan it, and then use anydvd to extract it again if you need to. Of course it still would be nice to have region code remover do it. Now you can run bdrebuilder to fit in on a single layer and then play in any region standalone player, hopefully no errors!

Last edited by VistaVick; 18th March 2009 at 22:00.
Old 11th July 2009, 21:04   #87  |  Link
drkrvn32

anyone heard of this??

is this just DVD or BDROM also??
http://home.arcor.de/ala42/MCSE_Mirror/

version Y of the firmware is on softpedia is supposed to work, even though its for the writer model.

and furthermore, not having run the windows software player, will that lock me out of reigon A as most DVD players do if your reigon code is not set?I don't think I set this with the modded firmware as I was using *NIX.
drkrvn32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 21:39   #88  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkrvn32 View Post
is this just DVD or BDROM also??
http://home.arcor.de/ala42/MCSE_Mirror/

version Y of the firmware is on softpedia is supposed to work, even though its for the writer model.

and furthermore, not having run the windows software player, will that lock me out of reigon A as most DVD players do if your reigon code is not set?I don't think I set this with the modded firmware as I was using *NIX.
MCSE only makes drives region free with respect to SD DVD. Region Coding/Region Locking with respect to BD is not controlled by the drive. Nonetheless, MCSE does work nicely on supported BD drives for the various features offered.
DrinkLyeAndDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 17:21   #89  |  Link
kento

Hello , it seems that new region code is actually on last release.
I have problem with 'Princess and the frog' , neither ANYDVD HD , nor region code remover can rid of the region code 'A'.
I'm european and buy a lot af american discs.Usually I don't have any problem to play theses discs with TMT 3.0 or my DUNE HD 3.0 because I remove the region code , but this time it seems more tricky.
If anyone has the same pb lately , don't hesitate to post.
kento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 20:01   #90  |  Link
setarip_old

@kento

Hi!

Try the recently released "DVDFab Passkey"...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 22:16   #91  |  Link
Peer van Heuen
SlySoft Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kento View Post
Hello , it seems that new region code is actually on last release.
I have problem with 'Princess and the frog' , neither ANYDVD HD , nor region code remover can rid of the region code 'A'.
I'm european and buy a lot af american discs.Usually I don't have any problem to play theses discs with TMT 3.0 or my DUNE HD 3.0 because I remove the region code , but this time it seems more tricky.
If anyone has the same pb lately , don't hesitate to post.
Please post an AnyDVD log file over at our forum and I'm sure, we'll get that fixed.

Thanks.
Old 17th March 2010, 03:02   #92  |  Link
kento

@setarip_old

yes I just treied it with the same resulat as AnyDVD HD.
I uploaded my log file to Slysoft's forum , I hope they will find something.
kento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 16:32   #93  |  Link
koki111

hello....I have trouble removing region PLANET B 51 [Full Blu-Ray 1080p AVC DTS-HDMA ENG SPA ]...... I used Blu-ray Region Code Remover 2.5 .... .... anydvdhd ... could make. .. thanks
koki111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 16:40   #94  |  Link
mike20021969

Quote:
Originally Posted by kento View Post
I uploaded my log file to Slysoft's forum
Apparently, they need the logfile from the original disc.
mike20021969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 12:44   #95  |  Link
ps3z

hi i have some blu-ray movies,i would to remove region codes but from bdmv folder,i removing region codes with anydvd hd from original disc but theres any possible to remove from folder?
ps3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2010, 02:46   #96  |  Link
djmasturbeat

this is a great piece of software
i hope that Super Goof plans to update this someday,
since there are some European and Asian (non-Japanese) BDs i would like to buy but I am in Region A

thanks for the great softwares so far.
djmasturbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2010, 07:24   #97  |  Link
setarip_old

@SuperGoof

Hi!

If you use some programs to do a FULL DISC backup of a recent Blu-ray disc that contains "BD+" , upon playback, you'll be confronted with a red and yellow notification stating that you MUST update your firmware in order to proceed - and if you don't do that, you're at a dead end.

Is this controlled by a PUO? If so, does your program circumvent this? (I've been told that this message is controlled simply by two flags [bytes] in one of the files in the "BDJO" directory.)
Old 28th December 2010, 18:03   #98  |  Link
Peer van Heuen
SlySoft Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
Is this controlled by a PUO?
That's a no.

Quote:
I've been told that this message is controlled simply by two flags [bytes] in one of the files in the "BDJO" directory.
That's another no.

The red and white message is a movie clip from Fox.
The program code (HDMV code and/or BD-J code) navigates to that clip whenever it determines that BD+ wasn't (completely/correctly) removed.
The indicators to determine that vary, but typically are:

- certain PSRs contain the wrong values
- BD-J variables that contain values they wouldn't, if the BD-J part of BD+ had run correctly
- a BD-J exception due to an improper environment or a buggy "player".

There is no really generic way to get rid of that screen.
Old 28th December 2010, 19:45   #99  |  Link
setarip_old

@Peer van Heuen

Thanks for the feedback but, I want to make certain we're referring to the same notification because:

1) The notice I'm referring to is ALWAYS red and YELLOW (not white).

2) In an experiment with 6 different Blu-ray discs containing "BD+", I first (full disc) ripped each of them with DVDFab Passkey (that DOES circumvent the "dead end" red and yellow notification) - and then (full disc) ripped each of them with MakeMKV (that DOES NOT circumvent the "dead end" red and yellow notification).

I then performed a byte-to-byte of all files in the "BDJO" folder - and in each instance noted that only one MakeMKV "BDJO" file was not identical to the same DVDFab Passkey file - and in each instance there were only two bytes that differed.

I then changed the two bytes in the MakeMKV "BDJO" file - and the modified MakeMKV (just like the DVDFab Passkey version) full disc bypassed the "dead end" message and instead momentarily displayed a black and white "You MAY need to update your firmware" notification and then allowed the playback to continue normally.

Reading the above will probably lead the reader(s) of this post to ask, "So, if you've got it all figured out, why are you asking?"

The problem is that the two byte "flipping" is not always in the same file or sub-folder from one title to another - and the locations of the two bytes within the files are also not always the same. I've only been able to accomplish this tracking/comparison by using the free trial version of DVDFab Passkey (I presume there would be similar results by using AnyDVDHD's trial version for comparison), and I have no desire to pay the asking price for DVDFab Passkey (or AnyDVDHD) in order to deal with this one annoying problem.

Perhaps "SuperGoof" or someone else will provide a solution...
Old 29th December 2010, 10:39   #100  |  Link
Peer van Heuen
SlySoft Team Member

Quote:
1) The notice I'm referring to is ALWAYS red and YELLOW (not white).
I haven't seen that image for quite a while, so I'm sure, you're right and it's yellow, not white. Still I assure you, it's the same thing we are talking about.

Quote:
I then performed a byte-to-byte of all files in the "BDJO" folder - and in each instance noted that only one MakeMKV "BDJO" file was not identical to the same DVDFab Passkey file - and in each instance there were only two bytes that differed.
You got lucky that those 5 discs of yours are using a similar BD+ if all of those are happy with the bit-flipping in those BDJO files.
These discs just need a change of load order to bypass the BD-J portion of the BD+. That's what the bit flipping is for.

Other discs only need some values in MovieObjects.bdmv changed.

And then others, like Avatar, need JAR files to be modified, classes to be replaced and so on...

For each of those "types", there are even different possible solutions.

Quote:
I've only been able to accomplish this tracking/comparison by using the free trial version of DVDFab Passkey (I presume there would be similar results by using AnyDVDHD's trial version for comparison), and I have no desire to pay the asking price for DVDFab Passkey (or AnyDVDHD) in order to deal with this one annoying problem.

Perhaps "SuperGoof" or someone else will provide a solution... [/Color]
Unlikely. SuperGoof does a good job on removing the region coding, which is actually a little related to the removal of those update screens.
But the big differences are:
  • the BD+ firmware warning is a problem you encounter ONLY with FOX discs and
  • ONLY with full disc backups made with MakeMKV (after all full disc was something he never really intended for his software)
  • it takes quite an effort only to decide exactly which removal method the disc needs

So that leaves a giant effort required to make a very small group of people happy.

It's not rocket science, but it's not exactly simple either. There's knowlege in the area of quite a few topics required.
AnyDVD does it and - well DVDFab does it by copying AnyDVD's methods 1:1 and even injecting our code into the JARs, so chances are that DVDFab wouldn't be removing it if AnyDVD hadn't shown them, how...

So here you have exactly two payware solutions that will remove that screen for you. And that's because these things aren't fixed with a finger snip.

If you want to be a free rider, which is perfectly fine, you'll have to live with the limitations.
The ones you pay will constantly stay committed to fixing your troubles.
With the freeware authors you're at the mercy of their enthusiasm - which typically decreases with time (ask me how often I wake up in the morning and wish I could stay in bed instead of removing BD+ firmware warnings... ).
(sorry, this got more longish than I thought)