Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th November 2021, 11:50   #21  |  Link
rupeshforu3

Ok may I know the lowest price amd ryzen processor with builtin graphics.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
rupeshforu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2021, 14:17   #22  |  Link
huhn

that's not an easy task availablity is very different over the globe.

AMD athlon 200GE i have not seen one in years beware with AMD you need mainboard with a bios version that supports it that cvan be very tricky because AMD messed a bit up by making new bios version not supporting older CPU (the bios is not big enough).
there is also the 3000G which is really really slow.
i have not seen good pricing on zen APU in a while.

an i3 10100 is available anywhere here and should be fast enough for your use case.

the r5 330 is a very very old GPU which barely any power and very high power consumption.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2021, 16:22   #23  |  Link
rupeshforu3

ln all of the specifications page of ryzen processors they specified socket as AM4.

I have seen a lot of reviews and I have seen everywhere as AM4. It means that any ryzen processor can be used with AM4 socket.

In the Intel forums I have asked as " Is there any processor with architecture like amd bulldozer processor". They replied as to search for alder lake.

I want a processor with more ipc ie., more instructions per cycle and from amd I have found excavator,zen etc.,.

I am searching intel for processor with more ipc and more l3 cache memory.

From both intel and amd there are few processors which have more ipc and more l3 cache memory with few cores.

For me 4 cores are enough with 3.5 ghz but I am expecting l3 cache more than 8 mb.

I think that few cores costs less and more l3 cache perform smoothly.

My final need is I want a processor with 4 cores and 8 mb l3 cache and ddr4 memory support with integrated graphics. It may be from Intel or amd.

Old 8th November 2021, 23:35   #24  |  Link
huhn

slow don't a sec.

the fastest IPC is currently alder lake (no i3 yet) the i5 is most likely the best CPU out there with price and performance now. it's really good unlike older intel CPUs where zen is often better but not generally.

ignore things like cache size or even core number only look at real world perforamnce even an i3 has 6 mb l3 cache.

you don't want anything todo with bulldozer or excavator...

and no not all CPU work on all AM4 boards that was the idea and they failed very hard with that. this is very important sometiems you just need a new bios and sometimes you need an old one and even worse sometimes it's impossible.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2021, 04:15   #25  |  Link
rupeshforu3

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
slow don't a sec.

the fastest IPC is currently alder lake (no i3 yet) the i5 is most likely the best CPU out there with price and performance now. it's really good unlike older intel CPUs where zen is often better but not generally.

ignore things like cache size or even core number only look at real world perforamnce even an i3 has 6 mb l3 cache.

you don't want anything todo with bulldozer or excavator...

and no not all CPU work on all AM4 boards that was the idea and they failed very hard with that. this is very important sometiems you just need a new bios and sometimes you need an old one and even worse sometimes it's impossible.
Ok I will be cautious while buying

Old 9th November 2021, 04:38   #26  |  Link
junh1024

More IPC & more cache are only some aspects of a CPU. The overall CPU score is a better indication of overall CPU performance. Also, audio encoding works on blocks of 10-100KB so any CPU with a cache of >=1MB can be said to go smoothly. Let's do a 4-way comparison of some CPUs;

- i3-10100 (6MB cache)
- i5-10500 (12MB cache)
- i3-530 (4MB cache, my current CPU)
- AMD Athlon X4 845 (Excavator)

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare...749vs737vs2721

They score

8883, 13161, 1438, 3779

As you can see, the i5 costs 1.66x the i3-10100, but only performs 1.48x. It's also 6x fast as my CPU (since it's very old) & 2.3x fast as a AMD excavator (since it's older, and not a great architecture like huhn said).

You're not doing gaming but let's compare anyway

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/c...710/3826vs2910

As you can see, the i3-10100 beats the cheapest new GFX card, at 2.1x performance.

Conclusion: the i3-10100 has ample cache & performance for audio encoding, and has respectable GPU capability. https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare is a handy site for comparing CPUs.
junh1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2021, 11:25   #27  |  Link
tebasuna51

Also, when don't have special requirements for CPU and GPU, the more cheap solution is check offers in your country for a full PC, instead buy the components separatly.

For instance a offer in my country: REACON. DELL 3020 SFF I5 4590 3.3GHZ, Intel® HD Graphics 4600, 4GB RAM, SATA DD 500 GB, DVD, Windows 10 Professional for only 179'70 €
You need monitor, mouse and keyboard.

If you try to buy all components separately, with the more cheap components in the same store:

Code:
I5 4590 3.3GHZ   99.00
Motherboard      38.00
4GB RAM          20.70
SATA 500 GB      56.60
DVD              14.10
Box              21.40
Power supply     11.40
Windows 10 Pro  131.10
                ------

Last edited by tebasuna51; 10th November 2021 at 17:21.
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2021, 14:16   #28  |  Link
rupeshforu3

Thanks for your suggestions 😃

Old 10th November 2021, 15:05   #29  |  Link
hello_hello

rupeshforu3,
How much audio re-encoding do you do, and do you use foobar2000 for most of it?
I should ask, just to be sure... are you aware foobar2000 isn't limited to a single encode at a time? The default is to encode as many audio tracks simultaneously as you have CPU cores (physical or otherwise, I think), so from that perspective, the more cores the merrier. You have to highlight all the tracks in a playlist you want to convert and send them to the converter together, but then foobar2000 will encode "X" number of tracks simultaneously until they're done.

In advanced preferences, under Tools/Converter there's an option to configure the maximum number of threads. For several reasons I have the maximum set to half the number of cores. That way, I can select multiple tracks for encoding and tell foobar2000 to convert them to AAC, then right click again and convert to flac at the same time. To encode all tracks with the same conversion preset and use all the cores, you can select half and start converting, then select the other half and start them converting too.

And to clarify, each encoder preset can be configured to only encode a single track at a time. I have two versions of most of my encoder presets. Identical aside from one of them having the "single thread" option enabled, so it's easy to switch to "one at a time" if for some reason I need to.

Of course if you generally only convert a few tracks each "session", an abundance of cores won't make much difference.

Last edited by hello_hello; 10th November 2021 at 15:36.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2021, 22:53   #30  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

@rupeshforu3,

Just so you're aware... Transcoding and encoding are very different operations.
Old 29th December 2021, 13:03   #31  |  Link
rupeshforu3

Hi I am going to buy ryzen 3 3200G and gigabyte b450 aorus pro motherboard with 8 gb ram.

At present I am using old pc ie., AMD fx processor with frontech 600 watts smps.

Can I use my old ATX cabinet and smps for new system.

Can you suggest which is best among gigabyte b450 aorus pro motherboard and asus b450 tus motherboard

May I know whether gigabyte b450 aorus pro motherboard is ultra durable or not.

In the spec page of asus b450 tus motherboard they specified that it consists of millitary grade components like capacitors and resistors etc.,.

Old 29th December 2021, 17:09   #32  |  Link
rupeshforu3

Please have a look at the following two motherboard specs

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Co...MING/techspec/

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...O-rev-10/sp#sp

Please try to suggest which is best for ryzen 3 3200g with durability in concern.

Old 29th December 2021, 19:40   #33  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

(Maybe the thread should be moved to the corresponding forum section?)

You'll definitely want to get a new PSU, it is basically one of the most critical components in the system. And will last a good 10 years if it's a good one. The chassis should be good to go if it suits your needs.
Old 31st December 2021, 17:11   #34  |  Link
rupeshforu3

Hi if I buy any processor from amd ryzen family without iGPU can I use Radeon HD 7300 graphics card.

Is there any reduction in quality of output file generated by encoder x265. Can I use free sync option in ffmpeg tool with x265.

Radeon HD 7300 graphics card costs less. I don't want to watch any 4k movies on my system and so I have taken this decision.

Last edited by rupeshforu3; 31st December 2021 at 17:14.
Old 1st January 2022, 06:39   #35  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupeshforu3 View Post
Hi if I buy any processor from amd ryzen family without iGPU can I use Radeon HD 7300 graphics card.

Is there any reduction in quality of output file generated by encoder x265. Can I use free sync option in ffmpeg tool with x265.

Radeon HD 7300 graphics card costs less. I don't want to watch any 4k movies on my system and so I have taken this decision.
Stop, an HD 7300 is ancient tech, just buy a CPU with iGPU, even the cheapest one is better than a Radeon HD 7300.
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2022, 10:28   #36  |  Link
rupeshforu3

I thought that iGPU processors are costly than normal.

Some one suggested to buy normal cpu and after that buy graphics card such as gt 710. After that I have searched cost of 710 it's costly than Radeon HD 7300.

Before buying i want to clarify whether it's correct or not and so I have asked.

Thanks for your clarification.

Old 1st January 2022, 14:58   #37  |  Link
rupeshforu3

Hi I have chosen amd ryzen 3 1200 or ryzen 3 1300 or ryzen 3 1300x which are less costlier than ryzen g series.

Now I am searching for proper graphics card for my pc.

Old 1st January 2022, 15:48   #38  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Tell us your budget for the graphics card. Also what you want it to do for you. I guess you want to do HEVC hardware encoding. Is that it?
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2022, 04:06   #39  |  Link
rupeshforu3

My requirement is I just want a graphics card to connect cpu to monitor and nothing else like 4k video playback, gaming etc.,.

I don't have the habit of playing any game on my pc and watch 4k video and instead I do it in my android smartphone.

Most of the time I use my PC to copy files from pc to android smartphone, convert mp3 files to m4a ie., Aac encoding.

Rarely I use hevc encoding using ffmpeg command. hevc encoding can be done without any costly graphics card.

For all my needs I want low end graphics card which is supported by my am4 motherboard and ryzen 3 1300 processor.

Old 2nd January 2022, 13:43   #40  |  Link
jlw_4049

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupeshforu3 View Post
My requirement is I just want a graphics card to connect cpu to monitor and nothing else like 4k video playback, gaming etc.,.

I don't have the habit of playing any game on my pc and watch 4k video and instead I do it in my android smartphone.

Most of the time I use my PC to copy files from pc to android smartphone, convert mp3 files to m4a ie., Aac encoding.

Rarely I use hevc encoding using ffmpeg command. hevc encoding can be done without any costly graphics card.

For all my needs I want low end graphics card which is supported by my am4 motherboard and ryzen 3 1300 processor.

Right now you'd be better off buying a ryzen APU. Any of the G varient chips. 3xxxG or 5xxxG.

They have an integrated gpu die in the chip. If you buy a dedicated GPU right noe you'll be out a lot of cash.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
jlw_4049 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio dsp, transcode audio