Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 16th June 2018, 20:33   #1  |  Link
ShogoXT

Vapoursynth into OBS for it's filters

Hi all I wanted to ask about a possibility and permission to try something.

A while back I started livestreaming games on twitch using the OBS software. Since it is a bitrate limited service by both twitch and people's hardware ability to keep up. Currently 1080p60 is unattainable for most people unless you can do 8000-9000 bitrate. I think this can be helped a lot with denoisers.

Recently they added python scripting support to OBS and I was wondering if it would be possible to have vapoursynth work for just adding in filters?

https://obsproject.com/docs/scripting.html

Thanks!
ShogoXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2018, 21:28   #2  |  Link
MonoS

Hi ShogoXT, i can't talk about integration of VS with OBS as i'm not an expert in this regards, but i can suggest ways to improve compressibility of videogame like footage.
What makes games harder to compress is the presence of strong aliasing, you can try to limit that using a strong F/S/TXAA settings, if the game you choose doesn't have this capabilities you can try reshade to inject this post processing effect into your game.
Some games also add grains, if the one you want to stream use added grain, you could try to disable it in the settings (for example the first three Mass Effect) or disabling it using SpecialK.

If those two solution doesn't works, you could try to denoise the image directly from the game using some other reshade filter, there are quite different denoising algos you can activate directly in game (and so have better performance as they are run from the GPU)
MonoS is offline   Reply With Quote