Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 21st August 2021, 21:43   #1  |  Link
fluffernutter

Replacing Main Movie file in 1080p BDMV folder with UHD eqivalent?

Hello, I've been reading forums here and on VideoHelp trying to figure out a way to do this.

Essentially, I have a fully functioning bluray, complete with menus, special features, etc. However, I would like replace the main film file with a UHD version (one I've already rendered with HEVC H.265 codec), keeping menus, special features videos, etc. intact (I understand the need to replace the main videos audio and subtitles obviously). I know of softwares such as BDRebuilder, TSMuxer, and BDEdit, albeit my experience with these programs is limited. Keeping HDR/Dolby Vision intact is not super important in this scenario, but if its possible that would be useful for future projects.

I did attempt to do this before using a combination of TSMuxer and BDRebuilder, simply replacing the file designated to the main movie file (in this case titled 00001) in the PLAYLIST, STREAM, and CLIPINF folders, and when opening it as a blu ray in VLC, the main menu did appear, but clicking "play movie" simply kept restarting the menu. When trying on MPC-BE, which doesnt show menus, it was able to locate play the UHD replacement file successfully. Any help or guidance in the right direction would be much appreciated!
fluffernutter is offline   Reply With Quote