Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 29th July 2020, 21:33   #21  |  Link
manolito

Thanks for the fix, works nicely now...

I will probably stick with dmMediaConverter for my audio conversion needs. It has fewer codecs, but also some nice features which can make my life easier. For example Peak Detection for helping users to adjust the gain. And it does video, too, no need to learn a different software for video and audio.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2020, 21:43   #22  |  Link
jlw_4049

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Thanks for the fix, works nicely now...

I will probably stick with dmMediaConverter for my audio conversion needs. It has fewer codecs, but also some nice features which can make my life easier. For example Peak Detection for helping users to adjust the gain. And it does video, too, no need to learn a different software for video and audio.
I understand, as I use StaxRip for a large portion of my needs.

However, I wanted to learn to code and so I just went with it.

Im constantly improving it so if you have features you're looking for to make it better feel free to let me know.

I really built the app for convenience when I'm muxing a movie and decide I want the audio changed.

I generally encode my video and manually mux later. Depends on the situation really.

However, I have a lot more plans for it, batching etc eventually. Still learning every day.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
jlw_4049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2020, 20:22   #23  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v2.5
Quote:
New Features:
* Added support for Windows 7 x64 to Windows 10 x64
* Added Batch Encoding

Update:
* Added every codec to the batch encoder that was supported in main program
* Added a bunch of optional extensions, if you use common it will support most if not all extensions most people use. You have all files as an option, but this could break the batch program if you have a file with an extension that is something that doesn't belong. (.jpg or anything else that isn't audio/video)
* Cleaned up the UI for the Batch Window
* Linked the drop down menu in main program where you can select "Debug" if you need to
* Added the ability to see all the command line options in batch form, in the batch window
* Added folder drag and drop (for the batch window). You can drag and drop a folder into the 'Open Directory' button or into the
Entry Box to the right of it

* I adjusted 'Save Directory' to default to the folder that was opened for encoding instead of root of the program
* On the main GUI I removed the 'MediaInfo' button, it is replaced by the "Batch Process" button. However, I added a tools option in the menu bar, that will still allow you to use this feature like it was before. (If you have an input file opened, it will still open the program with that file automatically, if you don't it'll open the program up to where you can do what ever you like)
Old 21st August 2020, 19:31   #24  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v2.7
Quote:
New Features:
* Added "Time Modification" - This is supported for both batch encoding as well as single file encoding
This was a requested feature

Last edited by jlw_4049; 21st August 2020 at 19:36.
Old 17th September 2020, 17:01   #25  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v2.8
Quote:
Minor Update:
* Added FLAC input
Old 21st September 2020, 19:05   #26  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v2.9
Quote:
New Features:
* Added 'FLAC' encoder to the main gui program
* Added 'FLAC' to the batch encoder gui
Old 23rd September 2020, 04:05   #27  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v2.9.1
Quote:
New Features:
* Added 'ALAC' encoder to the main gui program
* Added 'ALAC' to the batch encoder gui
* Fixed some bugs that was on the batch side of the program
Old 25th September 2020, 22:01   #28  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v2.9.2
Quote:
New Features:
* Added MPV Player to listen to selected tracks
You can control the volume with keys '9' and '0' (VolDown and VolUp) when viewing/listening to video/audio
* Added E-AC3 to the extension list for both main GUI and batch GUI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romaryu View Post
A very useful application does not recognize the missing E-AC-3 codec input add please thanks
Thanks for the feedback and added eac3 extension in latest release.

Last edited by jlw_4049; 25th September 2020 at 22:10.
Old 7th October 2020, 05:59   #29  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v2.9.3
Quote:
New Features:
* Added a new custom youtube-dl GUI

This is based off of youtube-dl CLI, current functions are downloading audio/basic audio encoding/full quality video/audio download from links

* This program is a standalone program packaged with FFMPEG Audio Encoder
* You can open this either from inside the FFMPEG Audio Encoder folder or by using the Tools menu in the main GUI

Update:
* Updated qaac to latest version
Old 7th October 2020, 21:18   #30  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v2.9.4
Quote:
Major Changes to the code:
* Broke up the code between Main Gui, Batch Gui, and YoutubeDL Gui (This will make managing all of them a lot easier)
* Changed how the File -> Exit button functions, this was required for each individual window with the new code
* QAAC encoder had some major bugs on any setting that was not 'True VBR.' This has been fixed for both the batch encoder and the single file encoder
* YoutubeDL Gui is now built into the main GUI, instead of being a separate executable/script. (I will still update/release standalone versions of this) You can access this via the 'Tools' menu at the top of the GUI
Old 19th October 2020, 00:56   #31  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v2.9.6
Quote:
Major Changes to the code:
* Added '.aax' extension to the program
* Removed 'NEW_' from the batch side of the program, since the program automatically puts new files into a new directory. This makes it easier for the user not to have to go batch edit a bunch of new files in case they didn't want 'NEW_' included in the filename
* Added a license to the program (GPL-3.0 License)
* Updated 'ffmpeg.exe' to the latest version
* Program will now 'Auto Download' required apps, instead of them being in the repository
* The 'Auto Downloader' will check to see if the file exists, if it doesn't it'll download it for you
* Program will no longer ship with FFMPEG automatically, this makes the program lighter and will check your system 'PATH' for existing installations before downloading one on it's own
* Changed the way closing the program behaves. It will now prompt you to be sure you want to close it
Old 20th October 2020, 20:51   #32  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v2.9.7
Quote:
Updates:
* Program now checks for for existing folders in the 'Apps' directory, if they aren't there, it creates them.
* Added static links for the downloadable app, I got as many of these links to pull directly from the source for the latest versions
* Added a progress bar to the 'App Download' window
* Updated 'Youtube-DL-Gui' to the latest beta (v1.4) Check Youtube-DL-Gui github for changes (https://github.com/jlw4049/Youtube-DL-GUI)
* Program now checks for both ffmpeg.exe and youtube-dl.exe on your system path, before attempting to download them directly to the program
* Some minor bug fixes
Old 2nd November 2020, 10:00   #33  |  Link
PatchWorKs

Just a question: how many downmix to stereo "approaches" does it support ?

https://superuser.com/questions/8524...o-using-ffmpeg
PatchWorKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2020, 19:01   #34  |  Link
jlw_4049

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchWorKs View Post
Just a question: how many downmix to stereo "approaches" does it support ?

https://superuser.com/questions/8524...o-using-ffmpeg
It uses FFMPEGs most popular option via -ac 2 to down mix the stereo.

You can see the commands it uses via the show command button.

On top of that there is room for custom commands if you'd like something different.

With every codec you also have the option to use Dolby Pro Logic II once stereo is selected.

Old 4th November 2020, 06:04   #35  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v3.0
Quote:
Updates:
* Program now has new progress windows (This includes a small text output with a progress bar underneath it)
For the main part of the program the progress bars show the progress of each individual file, for the batch side of the program it is based off of completion of the amount of files being encoded
* Program now asks if you are sure you want to exit for the main GUI/batch GUI
* Using the option 'Debug' still works the same, the option 'Default' actually spawns the new window with the progress bar and shows the progress
* There is a lot of new code/quality of life improvements to the code, I've checked several times but there could be bugs, if you find any please let me know so I can fix them
Old 18th November 2020, 00:45   #36  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v3.1
Quote:
Updates:
* Fixed a bug where 'FFMPEG' was located on Windows PATH and had white spaces in the name, the program could bug out on some encoders
* Added forced window geometry, so progress bar pop ups would look correct on different DPI settings
* Added a new config.ini file (this will be generated upon first program launch)
* You can now adjust the path to ffmpeg.exe/mpv.exe/mediainfo(gui & cli).exe
* Adjust these settings in the Options menu at the top of the GUI
* I have also added a 'Reset Configuration File' button in the Options menu as well (this will reset the config file/shut down the program)
* I have also fixed a bug with the QAAC encoder. Using 'True VBR' could result in a failed encode rarely, this has been fixed now
Old 20th December 2020, 21:59   #37  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v3.2
Quote:
Minor Updates:
Main GUI:
* Added the ability to set the shell options permanently depending on what the user wants, this is now written to the config.ini file and can be adjusted via the GUI like before or can be adjusted via the config file if information is entered correctly

Batch GUI:
* Removed menu bars completely, this is not required and I wanted to make it cleaner looking
* The Batch GUI now checks the config file for the 'shell_options' setting, this can be changed on the fly/before you open the batch gui
Old 24th December 2020, 14:30   #38  |  Link
Pringles

Hi, thank you for you cool piece of software. It's really working as intended and fast. Since I'm always using the same job (AC3@512 stereo downmix), is there a way for FFMPEG Audio Encoder to load the last setting used on startup?
Pringles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2020, 14:43   #39  |  Link
jlw_4049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
Hi, thank you for you cool piece of software. It's really working as intended and fast. Since I'm always using the same job (AC3@512 stereo downmix), is there a way for FFMPEG Audio Encoder to load the last setting used on startup?
If you would mind putting it on the github tracker, I'll work on it very soon

Old 6th March 2021, 07:55   #40  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release: v3.4
Quote:
Updates:
* Program is now uncompressed, this allows for a faster start and less chance of Windows detecting it as a false positive virus. The downside to this is the programs folder is a lot messier (You can just place program in a folder and create a shortcut to the .exe)
* Program now utilizes a new 'profiles.ini' file to save/read profiles

* All codecs now has a new toolbar menu labeled 'Options' with the following sub menu options 'Save Current Settings' and 'Reset Settings to Default'
-'Save Current Settings' will allow the user to save what ever settings they have selected in the codec audio window. Next time you open that audio codec, it will have -the exact same settings. (This does not save 'Track Selection', 'Custom Command Line', or 'Track Name' (If requested I could program these to be saved as well)
-'Reset Settings to Default' will revert the current selected codec back to default settings, close and then re-open the audio window with default settings. This will ---- -delete your profile with no way to get it back, aside from manually saving the new profile again.

* Moved Batch Processing Button into the 'Tools' section of the program
* Moved 'Show Command' in Batch Processing button's old spot

*Added a new button 'Auto Encode:...' in 'Show Commands' place
-This allows the user to encode the next file with the last options/codec used (This does not include Track selection, currently it defaults to Track 1 always) If requested I'll add this
* Modified the auto track selection code to allow a new feature:
* Program now supports displaying source file audio codec(s)
-This enables it to show the Track Number, Codec, Channels, and Bitrate in the drop down menu instead of the generic Track 1, Track 2

* Adjusted the code for View Streams selection, so the track counts always started at 1 instead of randomly at 0 or 2 depending on source
* Fixed code required for 'Input Button' to work correctly again (Drag and Drop worked fine, bug was only for manual input)

* Added a 'Status Label' to the bottom of the GUI:
-This updates when the user hovers the mouse over the buttons/menus in the main GUI giving them useful tips/commands in the 'Status Label'

* Added a new 'Right Click' menu to the 'Auto Encode:...' button:
-This new menu allows the user to open a small window to see the commands that was last used/that will be used with that button, in case the settings aren't what they want

* Set both entry boxes on the main GUI to disabled right away, this is just a quality of life fix, will not effect the user at all
* Slightly adjusted main GUI size
* Fixed bug with youtube-dl-gui
* Updated latest youtube-dl-gui to 1.4

Batch Encoder:
* Batch encoder now reads 'profiles.ini' - This currently only works with AC3/AAC
* Added AC3/AAC default settings to read from the Main Gui saved profile (If requested I'll program the batch GUI to have a separate profile)
* I haven't done any more work on the batch encoder yet

Last edited by jlw_4049; 6th March 2021 at 07:57.

Tags
audio, encoder gui, ffmpeg, ffmpeg audio