Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 22nd April 2009, 10:55   #2281  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

uncropMKV is updated in full-download and .exe only. There was a bug when processing multiple files in the queue.
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:08   #2282  |  Link
nicchap

Dean, I will update my project output accordingly. Thanks for taking the time and carry on with the excellent work. Once I have all the steps down, I might just publish them for others to know, although you have done pretty much all of it already with multiAVCHD.

Nic.
nicchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:21   #2283  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Sdhc

Let's go for another true AVCHD structure to test with Panasonic TV / Blu-ray players.

Here is a SD sample #2 (36MB). Extract it to the root of your SDHC card and test it.

The idea with this sample is to use part of tsMuxeR's output (which is Blu-ray, not AVCHD despite what options you use with it) and update all CLPI/MPLS files, add proper BDMV files and make a true AVCHD structure, so that's what I did.

There are differences between Blu-ray and AVCHD audio-type-codes and extended segments (CLEX/PLEX) for clpi/mpls and the whole structure needs to be converted from tsmuxer's files to AVCHD ones.

Let's hope that it will work for your Panasonics as it does work with Playstation 3.

A note to all: Don't confuse tsMuxeR's AVCHD output with the real AVCHD. tsMuxer generates AVCHD-like index.bdmv file only. All other files are with BD standard.

Last edited by deank; 22nd April 2009 at 16:32.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:49   #2284  |  Link
nicchap

Downloaded and will test when I get home later on tonight.

Tks.
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:36   #2285  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Panasonic user (SeeMoreDigital) reported that the sample doesn't work with his TV and BD player.

Canon user (drpaulng) reported that the sample works in his camcoder.

These results show 2 things:

1) The sample conforms with AVCHD standard
2) There may be a problem/difference with AVCHD for different manufactureres (really sad )
*) At least ONE AVCHD compatible device recognized the content - so it's a start.

Tomorrow I'll prepare another sample for you to test again.

Last edited by deank; 22nd April 2009 at 17:39.
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:37   #2286  |  Link
dec-pvr

No luck for me I'm afraid with the SD card test.

Tried on a PAL BD35 firmware v1.4. Just showed up as a blank card with the photo viewer.

I think one of the previous tests actually showed up with the panasonic AVCHD menu, so this seems to be a complete failure for me I'm afraiad!

Admittedly I was trying with an old 128mb SD card (only spare I could find with nothing on it!).

Maybe a newer SDHC would work?

Anyone else?

edit: Just saw the posts above, so tried in my panasonic avchd camcorder but it just shows the following message:

'CANNOT BE USED DUE TO INCOMPATIBLE DATA'

Oh well....

Last edited by dec-pvr; 22nd April 2009 at 17:42.
dec-pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:44   #2287  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'll make another sample later for Panasonic devices... A weird one is this AVCHD thing.
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:54   #2288  |  Link
dec-pvr

Update:

I can't believe I even thought to try - of course the file wouldn't work on my camcorder! (see my post above Dean's).

It's a PAL camera and the file appears to be 29.97 footage. It would never work!

I wonder if this could affect avchd playback via sd card? I know there's no problem with different framerates via DISC, but could it possibly be blocked for only PAL (25/50) framerates? I know it states that playback via SD card is supposed to be from AVCHD camcorders, so is that a possibility?

Could you maybe make two seperate tests, one with a PAL (25/50) framerate and one with NTSC (30/60)? I know this isn't strictly the same for AVCHD but might be worth a try?

Is it possible to re-code the same footage into the different standards - therefore reducing possibilty of other variables?
Old 23rd April 2009, 03:17   #2289  |  Link
nicchap

Dean,

Your sample also worked flawlessly on my system. I have re-encoded all my HDV files in AVC format (instead of mpeg2) and ran them through your fine program and presto! all is fine now when playing as AVCHD through the menu. I do look forward to having BR playback as I'm sure the pic quality will be superior.

Mission complete and thank you all for the help.

Nic.

PS. Dean's putting in massive hours on this, if you use and like his work, give a little!
Old 23rd April 2009, 04:31   #2290  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicchap View Post
Dean,

Your sample also worked flawlessly on my system.

Mission complete and thank you all for the help.

Nic.

PS. Dean's putting in massive hours on this, if you use and like his work, give a little!
nicchap - What was your system, was it a Panasonic BD Player or a TV?

I am getting ready to test this on my Panasonic BD30 Player. Will report back here in a few minutes.

Hey, does the card need to be formatted first in a certain way as I just bought it from the store a month ago (HP SDHC 8GB)

And if this works, I am donating again for sure!

Quote:
UPDATE:
Sorry, did not work. Direct Navigator came up with some picture viewer menu and when try to play or select anything, it says no pictures found.

Panasonic BD30 running latest firmware v2.8 - which is its release note says "AVCHD and BD-V in the lastest updates".

Here and ready for more testing

Last edited by jfcarbel; 23rd April 2009 at 04:46.
jfcarbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 07:02   #2291  |  Link
LDA2887

hey Dean! i have your latest build...great app! keep up the good work! but reecntly I've been having some trouble when the movie reaches the 4gb cut...what happens is that when it gets to the cut, the video stops playing and the time continues running, hope you can help me...keep up the good work!
LDA2887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 07:06   #2292  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

It is good idea to download the FULL setup and replace all in your old multiAVCHD (it will keep your settings).

Try again and let me know if there is a problem again. What player do you use?

Dean
Old 23rd April 2009, 07:30   #2293  |  Link
dec-pvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcarbel View Post
nicchap - What was your system, was it a Panasonic BD Player or a TV?

I am getting ready to test this on my Panasonic BD30 Player. Will report back here in a few minutes.

Hey, does the card need to be formatted first in a certain way as I just bought it from the store a month ago (HP SDHC 8GB)

And if this works, I am donating again for sure!
I may be wrong but I think nicchap was using the program to make a AVCHD DVD - not using the SD card test. Correct me if I'm wrong nicchap!
Old 23rd April 2009, 07:32   #2294  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Here is another SDHC AVCHD sample (#3).

Download link (20MB).

It is almost untouched and will prove if Panasonic TV/BD via SDHC will do what is expected.

I added menu, changed some thumbnails and IDs, video is untouched (from drpaulng's canon camcoder).

You're all welcome to test in your HD camcoders, too.

If anyone can send me AVCHD samples with different framerates that play in Panasonic TV/BD via SDHC - it will be great.

Dean

@dec-pvr: the samples are to be used with SDHC cards, not to be burnt on DVD. May be nic really tested with DVD.

To all: These samples ALWAYS work in a computer player, in PS3 or on DVD (with long file names).

Last edited by deank; 23rd April 2009 at 07:46.
Old 23rd April 2009, 08:22   #2295  |  Link
dec-pvr

Again, no luck for me with SD card test 3.

It just brings up the Direct Navigator for pictures and displays only blank (grey) boxes where the pictures would be.

I extracted to SD card root after formatting the card in my panasonic SD AVCHD camcorder.

I also extracted just to my PC to test the files. The first two play but the last one (1400.mts I think) would not play at all.
Old 23rd April 2009, 08:27   #2296  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

When you extract it creates PRIVATE at the root and then the rest in private, right?

You should get something like: F:\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM\00000.MTS

What happens when you put the card in the camcoder?

Can you download this one and check?

If you can record 10 seconds AVCHD clip (that works with your TV) and upload it somewhere - I'll take a look at it, too.

User's manual for Panasonic BD-3x says: AVCHD format recorder with Panasonic HD cameras (V 1.0).

I'm uploading a sample#4 to use with BLANK/FORMATTED SD card. Format the card either with the blu-ray player or a camcoder - then copy sample#4.

Last edited by deank; 23rd April 2009 at 09:16.
Old 23rd April 2009, 09:18   #2297  |  Link
Bakafish

Thank you for working on the Panasonic functionality. I can't wait to be able to just carry a SD card with me instead of my whole laptop in order to play HD video's at my friends.
Bakafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 09:25   #2298  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Here is sample#4 (55MB).
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:31   #2299  |  Link
nicchap

Dec-pvr and JFCarbel:

Correct, I was testing issues that I was previously having on my PS3 using AVCHD on flash key, not BD.

Last edited by nicchap; 23rd April 2009 at 12:47.
Old 23rd April 2009, 13:41   #2300  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I created a small BDMV application to display some of the player's capabilities.

Here is the download link (2MB).

Extract AVCHD_PROFILES_TEST and burn its contents (BDMV folder) to a DVD if you need to test your player or copy to USB (convert filenames to 8.3) and rename it to AVCHD to test with USB for PS3 - just like you always do. Also you may want to remove some folders (AUXDATA, etc.) if you know what your player likes.

Test will show some messages:

* HD Secondary video - supported/unsupported
* PAL supported/unsupported
* Player profile compatibility
* Player BD-ROM version compatibility

Note 1 in messages means:
Quote:
(Note1): "Functions indicated by "Note 1" are optional as a collective set (*1) in BD-ROM Players
conforming to BD-ROM Profile 1. From June 1 2007, the requirement to support functions indicated
by "Note 1" in BD-ROM Profile 1 shall be equivalent to the requirement specified for BD-ROM Profile 2.
For the avoidance of doubt, there shall be no requirement for a BD-ROM Player model conforming to
BD-ROM Profile 1 to support the functions indicated by "Note 1" before or as from June 1, 2007 if the
BD-ROM Player model was designed, manufactured and shipped for introduction in the market before
June 1, 2007."
Here is the "source":

Last edited by deank; 23rd April 2009 at 16:35.

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author