Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th August 2020, 14:22   #11  |  Link
Statick

I'm having a weird issue with avisynth colourspaces in the preview window in staxrip. I'm not sure if this is intentional behaviour or if I'm just missing something, as I don't fully understand this

if I assign my source clip to a variable, and then return that variable, the preview window stops working as expected, and instead shows "raw" data (I think) which varies depending on the colourspace - so instead of seeing the image as expected, I see multiple squished grey images as well as some glitchy stuff (I think this is each plane of the colourspace side by side, and some other data appearing visually)

so this happens if the bottom of my script looks like this
Code:
clip1 = last
return clip1
and if I just remove those two lines then it's absolutely normal again

however, despite the preview looking weird, the actual output generated when I run the script will be normal and correct - it's only the preview window that's affected this way

I can make the preview window look correct if I convert the clip to RGB - but this then produces a flipped output (apparently RGB space is upside-down) so I also need to flip it vertically - then I can preview the output the way I expect to

Code:
return clip1.ConverttoRGB().FlipVertical()
but because only the preview window is affected this way, I also need to remove this code again before generating my output, otherwise the output comes out flipped...

is there a reason for this to be happening this way, and is there any way I can stop it? other than modifying my script for when I need to preview it, and then correcting it when it's time to generate the output?

Tags
aac, hdr, hevc, nvenc, staxrip, x264, x265