Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > PC Hard & Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th January 2013, 18:41   #1  |  Link
momaku

HTPC to play 10 bits mkv

Hi.

I have anime in High 10@L5.0 and I want to play in my TV without to recode to 8 bits, actually I use a PopCorn A-210.

I am thinking in build a mini HTPC based in Intel Atom D2700 (http://ark.intel.com/products/59683/...Cache-2_13-GHz) with 4 GB RAM but I am not sure it could play 1080p 10 bits mkv, I think the decode would be made by the processor.

Would it be enough to play 1080p 10 bits? If not, What would be the minimum requirements for the HTPC?

The OS will be Linux.

Thanks in advance.
momaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 09:56   #2  |  Link
susan12

If 10-bit 1080p playback is what is required (which means no GPU acceleration), you require a more powerful CPU (I would say even for 720p), and therefore, a custom build. I wouldn't recommend the Intel Atom D2700 for HTPC dutiles unless the scenario is just ordinary Blu-ray specifications compliant 1080p24 playback.
susan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 18:37   #3  |  Link
momaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan12 View Post
If 10-bit 1080p playback is what is required (which means no GPU acceleration), you require a more powerful CPU (I would say even for 720p), and therefore, a custom build. I wouldn't recommend the Intel Atom D2700 for HTPC dutiles unless the scenario is just ordinary Blu-ray specifications compliant 1080p24 playback.
Thanks for the answer.

I am thinking in a Intel's NUC (http://liliputing.com/2013/01/intels...-purchase.html). They are an i3 with Ivy Bridge, the big concern with them is the price.

Best regards.
momaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 bits, htpc