Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 14th December 2014, 17:27   #1  |  Link
eduardobedoya

Video Player that could show video as if it were webcam but with jump to time box

Hi Great Community
I've been looking for a Video Streaming program that could stream a "video file" into Skype when I make a "Video Call", a program like http://www.fakewebcam.com/ or http://splitcamera.com/ or http://www.shiningmorning.com/
I have tried all of them, but, any of them allow to go to at specific time in the timeline by typing numbers e.g. 00:15:35 to jump to the minute15 second35 of the video.
Please look this GIF in which I better explain what I would like to achieve.
http://postimg.org/image/caxy09x3h/

These programs only have scrubber controls to jump to a time in the video by clicking and draging manually, but I would like to jump to a very specific time in the timeline (even with seconds) using a "GoTo" command like in "Media Player Classic".

I tried Open Broadcaster Software, and I found a pluging to broadcast video files
link: https://obsproject.com/forum/resourc...rce-plugin.20/
it workes, but it doesn't have a "Go To" command or even "Slider" (scrubber control) to forward or rewind the broadcasted video file.

Is there anyway to achieve this? perhaps a video player with this feature that could use an addon or a script to send the video as if it were webcam. Thanks Advanced.

Last edited by eduardobedoya; 14th March 2015 at 15:31.
eduardobedoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2014, 19:07   #2  |  Link
vood007

If i understand your question right; MPC-HC (or BE) would do this by using "Navigate/Go to..." and/or command line parameter /startpos hh:mm:ss etc.
vood007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 02:00   #3  |  Link
eduardobedoya

Thanks Vood

Hi Vood, I understand Media Player Classic Home Cinema can jump to any position in timeline, but how can it output the videoplaying in the input of the webcam, I mean using MPC-HC with skype or google hangout to show the video I am playing as if it were my webcam, please look the programs I linked, they explain the process. As I said the problem with those programs is that they don't allow me to jump to a specific time in timeline, but they do show the videoplaying as if it were webcam stream with skype or google hangout, thanks Advanced.
Old 15th December 2014, 23:07   #4  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Maybe you could expand upon what you mean by "as if it were a webcam", my webcam looks like any other video clip.
If you mean shows some kind of time indicator (which mine does not) , then see avisynth Time() function and Subtitle().

EDIT: For clip time (time since clip start, rather than 'real-time')

Code:
Function HoursMinutesSeconds(Clip Last)
{ # "%02.xf" for fractional seconds where:- x=0 None,1=tenths,2=hundredths,3=thousandths
	ScriptClip("""subtitle( \
	string(int(current_frame/FrameRate/3600))+ ":" + \
	string((int(current_frame/FrameRate/60) % 60),"%02.0f")   + ":" + \
	string((int(current_frame/FrameRate*10000) % 600000)/10000.0,"%02.3f") \
	)""")
}

Function MinutesSeconds(Clip Last)
{ # "%02.xf" for fractional seconds where:- x=0 None,1=tenths,2=hundredths,3=thousandths
	string((int(current_frame/FrameRate/60) % 60),"%02.0f")   + ":" + \
	string((int(current_frame/FrameRate*10000) % 600000)/10000.0,"%02.0f") \
	)""")
}

Function Seconds(Clip Last)
{ # "%0.xf" for fractional seconds where:- x=0 None,1=tenths,2=hundredths,3=thousandths
	string(current_frame/FrameRate,"%0.3f") \
	)""")
}
Oops, I should have seen your links (or perhaps added since I first viewed the post).

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 16th December 2014 at 01:50.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 00:51   #5  |  Link
vood007

Check https://obsproject.com/

Last edited by vood007; 16th December 2014 at 00:54.
Old 16th December 2014, 18:42   #6  |  Link
eduardobedoya

Thanks to all

Yes, pls see the links provided, specially the first one, it's a software that play videos and send them to the webcam stream, so if I have a videocall in skype I can show a previusly recorded video instead of the current recording of my webcam (streaming)(me sit down in front of the laptop xD) (hope it make sense), for example to show a videogame clip previously recorded, etc.
But the thing is that any of those softwares linked in my post can jump to a specific time in the timeline by typing numbers in a box eg 11:05 to go to the minute 11 the second 5, I would like to achieve that. I don't want an indication of the time placed inside the video itself, I would like a software (or plugin to any software) that would allow rewind or fastforward the video to a specific time in timeline by pressing in some kind of box and typing the exact time where I want to go in the timeline. Thanks Advanced.
PD: Thanks for your help I will try your links n scripts.

Last edited by eduardobedoya; 16th December 2014 at 18:48.
Old 13th March 2015, 21:21   #7  |  Link
eduardobedoya

OBS doesn't have "Go To" command or even "Slider" to forward or rewind the video file

Hi community
I haven't seen this matter for a long time, Now I finally I have the time to try it out again with your help.

I tried Open Broadcaster Software, and I found a pluging to broadcast video files
link: https://obsproject.com/forum/resourc...rce-plugin.20/
it workes, but it doesn't have a "Go To" command or even "Slider" (scrubber control) to forward or rewind the broadcasted video file.

Please look this GIF in which I explain exactly what I would like to achieve.
http://postimg.org/image/caxy09x3h/

I would like a software that could broadcast a video file into Skype when I make a "Video Call" like the ones linked in the first comment e.g. "fakewebcam",
but with the ability to have a "Go To" command like the one in Media Player Classic (so I can go to a specific time in the timeline.)

Please I would like to prove any possible workaround to achieve this (pluging, software, etc)

Thanks Advanced.

Last edited by eduardobedoya; 14th March 2015 at 15:07.
Old 19th March 2015, 11:15   #8  |  Link
vood007

Why dont you just capture the MPC Video Window using OBS?
Old 24th March 2015, 06:24   #9  |  Link
eduardobedoya

Thanks vood007,
sorry for the extra post, I just thought this post was to old that nobody could view it.
I already delete the duplicated post.
thanks for reply

Mainly because it will demand to reserve screen space in order to sceen capture the MPC window, which can not be possible cuz the screen is already clutered with other softwares windows that have to be running at same time and can not be minimized. Also because it will demand to run two video processes at same time, in adition to the other heavy processes that are already running, I'm just worry about how much processor power consumption that could add to the existing one. Also because, even if I could make space in the clutered screen to show the MCP window in order to capture it with OBS, if I run the GoTo command in MCP it will show the GoTo panel in the OBS stream everytime I use it, which I would like to do very often, so it will look very awkward.

The OBS "video plugin" could do it itself just if it had a "GoTo command" feature.
I guess adding a "GoTo command" feature for the OBS "video pluging" should be a relative easy to do, hope this post could reach the OBS "video plugin" developers, so they consider the upgrade. I would be very grateful. By the way I already posted on OBSproject asking for this "video pluging" upgrade
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads...o-files.25847/

Thanks to everybody for the replies,
Thanks Advanced for any idea.

Last edited by eduardobedoya; 24th March 2015 at 07:02.

Tags
script, video player, webcam settings exposure