Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 29th November 2018, 19:11   #101  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by maupassant View Post
Not in mine.
I'm using StaxRip 2.0 Beta 2 with new Dotnet.
I suggest deleting the Settings and starting Fresh.

1.7 & 1.8+ Settings File are not compatible with one another. Since they use two completely different names.

FYI, Don't use the site attachment. It needs approval before it shows up which take a long time.

Last edited by Revan654; 29th November 2018 at 19:16.
Old 30th November 2018, 10:57   #102  |  Link
maupassant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan654 View Post

Lastly don't forget VS has the ability to import AVS Scripts\filters into VS Script.
Well, I don't know how to do that.
I'd really like to have an AutoGain/AutoWhite filter for VS if it's easy to create. But I don't want to abuse of your help. Thanks.
Old 30th November 2018, 21:08   #103  |  Link
imhh11

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprasaiyan123 View Post
could someone please provide some good settings to use with Hable, or Reinhard HDR>SDR conversion? Im having an issue with these two filters being unable to preserve details with lighter colors, where as MADVR looks absolutely gorgeous while preserving white detail, and also having deep colors. Here is an example, http://https://imgur.com/a/kEdOlGU any help is appreciated! thanks

Same issues on my end. I tried to modify the default setting which gave me better contrast but madvr still output WAY better picture (colors, contrast, highlight details).

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I'm highly disappointed by the HABLE or Reinhard curve.

i get better result with this setting but still no good:
DGHable(1.2, 0.15, 0.42, 0.10, 0.20, 0.02, 0.30, 11.2)

To me, it looks like hable and reinhard are trying to make it look like the 1080p SDR BD while madvr is trying to reproduce the 4k HDR BD.
so if anyone know settings that could get closer result to madvr, i would like to know as well .

thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 23:11   #104  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

Hi, again does anybody have settings to convert 2160hdr to 1080hdr with nvenc please?
Thank you.
Old 30th November 2018, 23:21   #105  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhh11 View Post
Same issues on my end. I tried to modify the default setting which gave me better contrast but madvr still output WAY better picture (colors, contrast, highlight details).

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I'm highly disappointed by the HABLE or Reinhard curve.

i get better result with this setting but still no good:
DGHable(1.2, 0.15, 0.42, 0.10, 0.20, 0.02, 0.30, 11.2)

To me, it looks like hable and reinhard are trying to make it look like the 1080p SDR BD while madvr is trying to reproduce the 4k HDR BD.
so if anyone know settings that could get closer result to madvr, i would like to know as well .

thanks
Can you post a link to an unprocessed sample source stream that we can use to investigate your issue?
Old 1st December 2018, 00:45   #106  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by maupassant View Post
Well, I don't know how to do that.
I'd really like to have an AutoGain/AutoWhite filter for VS if it's easy to create. But I don't want to abuse of your help. Thanks.
That's why there help files with the more complex filters. AutoGain from AVS can already be used in VS.

I will not going to be building any filters, Filters are built outside of StaxRip Code and uses VS or AVS FrameWork. There already more then you will ever use, In Context and off Context.
Old 1st December 2018, 13:51   #107  |  Link
Zetti

MKVToolNix v29.0.0 is released.
Old 1st December 2018, 18:06   #108  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
Hi, again does anybody have settings to convert 2160hdr to 1080hdr with nvenc please?
Thank you.
For True HDR10 containing all the Metadata NVEnc can not be used, Due to the missing encoding Flags.

You need to use x265.
Old 1st December 2018, 18:35   #109  |  Link
Revan654

*One Small Update* Due to latest Update to VS 2017, It's very buggy which is creating Freezing and such. Going have to wait until there a fix before I add more code, Since I keep losing the work I have done. It might be a little bit longer until the next release due to MS buggy release.

Already Re-installed VS 2017 twice, Both times it was the same results. I really hate these forced updates. 15.9.2 was working great now 15.9.3 is a mess.
Old 1st December 2018, 18:46   #110  |  Link
Revan654

I suggest Upgrading to version 29, Since version 28 had some audio breaking bugs.
Old 1st December 2018, 23:14   #111  |  Link
sgfrisbee

VSFilterMod.dll and msharpen.dll loading problems

On version. 2.0 now

First Problem:
I'm having problems with MSharpen in ver. 1.8.2, 1.9.0 and 2.0.
I get this error:

Cannot load file '******/msharpen.dll' Platform returned code 126
The specified module could not be found.

I did not have this problem on ver. before 1.8

Second Problem:

The same thing is happening with VSFilterMod.dll

Cannot load file '******/VSFilterMod.dll' Platform returned code 126

Thanks for any help that you can give me on this.
Old 2nd December 2018, 07:20   #112  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgfrisbee View Post
On version. 2.0 now

First Problem:
I'm having problems with MSharpen in ver. 1.8.2, 1.9.0 and 2.0.
I get this error:

Cannot load file '******/msharpen.dll' Platform returned code 126

I did not have this problem on ver. before 1.8

Second Problem:

The same thing is happening with VSFilterMod.dll

Cannot load file '******/VSFilterMod.dll' Platform returned code 126

MSharpen hasn't been updated since 2013, the dll is exactly the same.

Don't Forget all dll must be run in 64bit. Same goes for VSFilterMod. Many of these filters are AVX based.

Quote:
Platform returned code 126
This means your hardware isn't supported by the dll file.

Not sure if the C++ runtimes will help or not

See: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/MSharpen
Old 2nd December 2018, 22:24   #113  |  Link
sgfrisbee

VSFilterMod not working

Quote:
MSharpen hasn't been updated since 2013, the dll is exactly the same.

Don't Forget all dll must be run in 64bit. Same goes for VSFilterMod. Many of these filters are AVX based.

This means your hardware isn't supported by the dll file.

Not sure if the C++ runtimes will help or not

See: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/MSharpen

I had no problem with MSharpen or VSFilterMod on Staxrip 1.8.0.0

OS is Win 10 Pro 64bit, same hardware and software when I had ver 1.8.0.0 running.

On the website about MSharpen I did not have Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package 86/64 installed. Installed both 86/64
and MSharpen is now working. Do not know why I had Microsoft Visual 2012 installed during Staxrip 1.8.0.0 but not on my computer when I went to 2.0.0.0

VSFilterMod ver 1.1.9.0 is still not working.

Old 2nd December 2018, 22:27   #114  |  Link
Revan654

a word of warning to Everyone on Windows. Don't Update to latest Major Update(November). It has nothing but Problems, It will not even allow me to install my Nvidia Drivers. Intel QSV doesn't even work.
Old 2nd December 2018, 22:35   #115  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgfrisbee View Post
I had no problem with MSharpen or VSFilterMod on Staxrip 1.8.0.0

OS is Win 10 Pro 64bit, same hardware and software when I had ver 1.8.0.0 running.

On the website about MSharpen I did not have Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package 86/64 installed. Installed both 86/64
and MSharpen is now working. Do not know why I had Microsoft Visual 2012 installed during Staxrip 1.8.0.0 but not on my computer when I went to 2.0.0.0

VSFilterMod ver 1.1.9.0 is still not working.

There been allot of Changes to the Windows OS Since 1.8.2.0. Those files havn't been touched since 1.8, If they worked back then, then they should work now. If there issues then the problem lies with Windows.

Check the App Manager and check under runtimes(ignore Python) but make sure you have all the other runtimes installed.

Under Apps -> FFTW Make sure you have this installed in your System Directory.

VSFilterMod Build Date: 2016, it's untouched.

You could try the new Forked version of VSFilter: https://github.com/sorayuki/VSFilterMod/releases

I have no idea what specs they require.
Old 2nd December 2018, 22:50   #116  |  Link
sgfrisbee

VSFilterMod not working

Quote:
There been allot of Changes to the Windows OS Since 1.8.2.0. Those files havn't been touched since 1.8, If they worked back then, then they should work now. If there issues then the problem lies with Windows.

Check the App Manager and check under runtimes(ignore Python) but make sure you have all the other runtimes installed.

Under Apps -> FFTW Make sure you have this installed in your System Directory.

VSFilterMod Build Date: 2016, it's untouched.

You could try the new Forked version of VSFilter: https://github.com/sorayuki/VSFilterMod/releases

I have no idea what specs they require.
All is were it should be. The VSFilterMod I have now is build 2016 ver 1.1.9.0 size 964 KB.

Did a google search and I do have sorayuki VSFilterMod now but not replaced the old one. Sorayuki VSFilterMod is ver 1.1.92 size 3879 KB.

Will give it a try, thanks for all the help
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:56   #117  |  Link
suprasaiyan123

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
Can you post a link to an unprocessed sample source stream that we can use to investigate your issue?
Here you go https://www.sendspace.com/file/es0lwp The issue can be seen here by my previous post https://imgur.com/a/kEdOlGU I believe I and imhh11 are having the same issue where the highlights are blown out of proportion, and no amount of playing with either the Hable or Reinhard curve can preserve details in highlights. Please let us know what you find, or if you have a fix for the issue, thanks!!

Last edited by suprasaiyan123; 3rd December 2018 at 11:01.
Old 3rd December 2018, 14:03   #118  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprasaiyan123 View Post
Here you go https://www.sendspace.com/file/es0lwp The issue can be seen here by my previous post https://imgur.com/a/kEdOlGU I believe I and imhh11 are having the same issue where the highlights are blown out of proportion, and no amount of playing with either the Hable or Reinhard curve can preserve details in highlights. Please let us know what you find, or if you have a fix for the issue, thanks!!
DGHable(exposure=1.0)
Old 3rd December 2018, 19:20   #119  |  Link
NikosD

Quote:
a word of warning to Everyone on Windows. Don't Update to latest Major Update(November). It has nothing but Problems, It will not even allow me to install my Nvidia Drivers. Intel QSV doesn't even work.
I have done a clean install since late September, before the official release on my Haswell system and on middle October on Skylake system at work.

Maybe that's why I had problems with QSVEnc but I have no time to fix the problems.

But I see none of the problems mentioned at various sites from the beginning of this release, while on previous version of April 2018 update, the Chrome hadn't worked fine for me ever.

The frozen screen issue using Chrome on April 2018 update was never solved at least for me.

October 2018 update works just fine.
Old 5th December 2018, 03:00   #120  |  Link
Arbelisk

Hey guys. I'm fairly new to using x265 and NVEnc encoding. I noticed when trying to convert a 4K HDR video, that it shows Chroma 4.2.0 (type 2). But the encoded file does not have that same tag. Is there a way to get type2 to the encoded video? Also, @Revan654, you mentioned that HDR would not work with NVEnc encoding, but I have used it before and it seemed to display correctly on my TV. Must be something I didn't understand. Can you clarify a bit? Thanks.

Last edited by Arbelisk; 5th December 2018 at 03:08.
Closed Thread

Tags
aac, hdr, hevc, nvenc, staxrip, x264, x265