Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread

Old 20th August 2007, 15:51   #481  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrates View Post
But even better to detect it using that code.
It already does use that code.
Old 21st August 2007, 06:32   #482  |  Link
pyrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
It already does use that code.
Didnt work for me when I used it. Read it as 60000 / 2002 instead of 24000 / 1001. Had to go in and manually change it.
Old 21st August 2007, 13:35   #483  |  Link

Quote:
Didnt work for me when I used it. Read it as 60000 / 2002 instead of 24000 / 1001. Had to go in and manually change it.
The default is 50 / 2, so those values must be in your stream. I'll look at it if you'd like to post a small source sample. Make sure that you get the same result when you index the sample (needs to contain the SPS).
Old 24th August 2007, 06:59   #484  |  Link
pyrates

Quote:
The default is 50 / 2, so those values must be in your stream. I'll look at it if you'd like to post a small source sample. Make sure that you get the same result when you index the sample (needs to contain the SPS).
Too late I guess for that now. Already is gone. But that was the only problem. Other then the usual last frame not being in the video but that's not even noticeable. The video encoded perfectly with no artifacts in it at all. The hd dvd in this case was Pay Back. Even when I tried to demux it with evodemux, it didn't show the framerate in their either. But I know all hd dvd that are movies are mastered to run at 24000/1001, so that's how i knew to use that value.
Old 24th August 2007, 07:56   #485  |  Link
Alosaur

Quote:
Too late I guess for that now. Already is gone. But that was the only problem. Other then the usual last frame not being in the video but that's not even noticeable. The video encoded perfectly with no artifacts in it at all. The hd dvd in this case was Pay Back. Even when I tried to demux it with evodemux, it didn't show the framerate in their either. But I know all hd dvd that are movies are mastered to run at 24000/1001, so that's how i knew to use that value.
Actually if you were dealing with a stream from an HD DVD it was perfectly correct in reporting 29.97 and not 23.976. HD DVD video streams, as with DVD, have soft telecine flags and that's why you get it reported as 29.97. The issue isn't with DGAVCIndex as it's just reporting the way the stream is flagged. Blu-Ray on the other hand stores the stream natively at 23.976 and has no telecine flags.

Last edited by Alosaur; 24th August 2007 at 08:06.

Old 27th September 2007, 01:55   #486  |  Link
Revgen

Any news lately Neuron2?

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.
Old 27th September 2007, 09:34   #487  |  Link
JK1974

Has anybody seen this: http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...er/035591.html

Itīs a first PAFF implementation for ffmpeg, but I donīt know how good it is working.
Old 28th September 2007, 20:07   #488  |  Link
onlym3

I have Spiderman 3 here and when i index the movie with dgavcindex it ends up 11 seconds too short. When i build a graph Filesource - Sonic HD Demuxer - Sonic VideoDecoder 4.2 and use that in an .avs i get the correct length, so dgavcindex is somehow "loosing" 11 seconds.
Any ideas how or why this happens?
Old 28th September 2007, 23:17   #489  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1974 View Post
Has anybody seen this: http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...er/035591.html

Itīs a first PAFF implementation for ffmpeg, but I donīt know how good it is working.
That's great because I won't have to do it.

Regarding news: after 8 years of tireless work I am taking a little break. I hope to regain my energy in not too long.
Old 28th September 2007, 23:18   #490  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlym3 View Post
I have Spiderman 3 here and when i index the movie with dgavcindex it ends up 11 seconds too short. When i build a graph Filesource - Sonic HD Demuxer - Sonic VideoDecoder 4.2 and use that in an .avs i get the correct length, so dgavcindex is somehow "loosing" 11 seconds.
Any ideas how or why this happens?
Is it really a big deal for you? Do you lose sync or any important part of the video? What is the frame rate reported by the two applications? What is the movie length? If you play it using VLC or any other libavcodec-based player, does it also lose 11 seconds?

Last edited by Guest; 28th September 2007 at 23:20.
Old 29th September 2007, 04:52   #491  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Good for you neuron2!! You deserve a break, I dare say. What with DGindex, decomb, DGAVCDec, and everything other thing you have done in the past 8 years, I'd damn well say you have earned a vacation!

Have a nice break!

Last edited by Adub; 29th September 2007 at 06:39.
Old 29th September 2007, 05:05   #492  |  Link
Revgen

Quote:
Regarding news: after 8 years of tireless work I am taking a little break. I hope to regain my energy in not too long.
Quote:
Is it really a big deal for you? Do you lose sync or any important part of the video? What is the frame rate reported by the two applications? What is the movie length? If you play it using VLC or any other libavcodec-based player, does it also lose 11 seconds?
Wow! You've regained your energy pretty quick.

Yet seriously, I really appreciate your work on both DGAVCDec and DMPGDec. It's always a good idea to take a break to prevent burnout. Enjoy your time off and take it easy.

Curly: Burned at the stake!

Moe: Why?

Curly: A hot steak is always better than a cold chop.
Old 1st October 2007, 01:59   #493  |  Link
Toti

Windows Vista Support?

Awesome tool but does it work only in XP. No VISTA support?
Old 1st October 2007, 02:18   #494  |  Link

Buy me a copy of Vista and I will let you know. Are you having some issues?
Old 1st October 2007, 05:02   #495  |  Link
Toti

@Neuron 2, I'll be more than happy to send you Windows Vista if you provide me with your address send me a pm. Yes, the issue is that it just doesn't work in vista. The .avs file is not recognized.
Old 1st October 2007, 05:17   #496  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

Hmmm... works ok here.. (vista ultimate x86) what does '.avs file is not recognized' mean?
Old 1st October 2007, 05:44   #497  |  Link

@Toti

Are you talking about a shrink-wrapped legit Vista, or an illegal copy? I cannot accept the latter, but I appreciate the offer.

Yes, please explain your problem more. What exactly do you do and what goes wrong?
Old 1st October 2007, 20:19   #498  |  Link
dk75

Master Yoda I am, I explain that to you then.

@neuron2: Toti installed DGAVCDec in system, indexed AVC stream, build AVS script and... he thinks that it is standalone.

@Toti: DGAVCDec isn't standalone program and AVS isn't part of it. DGAVCDec is part of AVS instead and that means that it's useful if you have and use AVS already. It is plugin to AVS with some helper tool along.
So you must install AVS BEFORE useing DGAVCDec.
Old 2nd October 2007, 06:28   #499  |  Link
Toti

Hi Neuron, I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. I index .264 file create an .avs file and Virtual Dub gives me an error.

If works fine to other people then its probably something wrong at my end or more likely imcompability with programs.

CineVision "not a valid video stream"
MainConcept "No Video stream found"
TMPGEnc "No Video found"

Neuron, let me know just a pm away.
Old 2nd October 2007, 14:44   #500  |  Link

Does it play properly in DGAVCIndex? Have you installed Avisynth? What is the exact error you get in VirtualDub?
Closed Thread