Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 29th April 2006, 20:08   #1041  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
is it possible to use FAAC for encoding AAC instead of Nero?
No profile for that is included but you should be able to create one. Doing this maybe you want to share your experience.
Old 29th April 2006, 20:10   #1042  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlina
hi stax!
is it possible to use FAAC for encoding AAC instead of Nero?
Indeed... Such an option would be cool, given I don't have anything "Nero" installed
Old 29th April 2006, 20:15   #1043  |  Link
swaaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
StaxRip had this problem but due to some feedback the problem was solved. According to the BeSweet docs '-V 5 --vbr-new' should work like it would work using lame.exe but it don't, what works instead is what StaxRip is using: '-v --vbr-new -V 5'.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that I was already using that -v fix. Without that it will just encode to 128kbps CBR. With -v I get what I described above.
Old 29th April 2006, 21:04   #1044  |  Link
sterlina

Quote:
No profile for that is included but you should be able to create one. Doing this maybe you want to share your experience.
ok, I'll try to make something that can be embedded into StaxRip
Old 30th April 2006, 13:50   #1045  |  Link
wdmalik
Struggling for Perfection

Quote:
Please elaborate, in case you mean the image size changes after opening a source, that's because of the option 'Auto resize image size: 195000'.
What I mean is that it always choose the resolution for which quality is either 40% or greater than this just before the encoding starts, i want it to encode on my choice of resolution irrespective of the quality %age for that,
Old 30th April 2006, 14:23   #1046  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
What I mean is that it always choose the resolution for which quality is either 40% or greater than this just before the encoding starts
It changes the resolution after the source file is opened and after the comp. check and both of can be customized in the options under 'Automation'.

@all

How about using WinAmp instead of FAAC? It shouldn't be too hard to customize StaxRip for that, maybe I or somebody else can make a little guide, at some time I probably should integrate it, my to do list is atm. completely empty anyway (which is a cool thing).

Last edited by stax76; 30th April 2006 at 14:26.
Old 30th April 2006, 14:54   #1047  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
How about using WinAmp instead of FAAC? It shouldn't be too hard to customize StaxRip for that, maybe I or somebody else can make a little guide, at some time I probably should integrate it, my to do list is atm. completely empty anyway (which is a cool thing).
I'm just taking my first steps with BeLight 0.22 Beta9... Much like Stax it uses BeSweet.exe together with various dll's, including bse_FAAC.dll

EDIT: Just been using AACplus v2 to generate some 6Ch AAC streams at 128Kbps... They sound amazing

Cheers

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 30th April 2006 at 22:16.
Old 30th April 2006, 22:00   #1048  |  Link
swaaye

Stax,

check this out regarding lame and besweet http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...465#post806465
Old 1st May 2006, 09:58   #1049  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaaye
Stax,

check this out regarding lame and besweet http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...465#post806465
Sounds good, I've changed it, thanks swaaye.
Old 1st May 2006, 11:40   #1050  |  Link
stax76

@Doom9

StaxRip so far was never in your news so I'm proposing this build.

0.9.9.2 (2006-05-01)

Quote:
  • The x264 dialog has been reorganized.
  • The x264 switch '--bime' was added as 'B-Frames/Bidirectional ME'.
  • The x264 switch '--no-fast-pskip' was added as 'Analysis/No Fast P Skip'.
  • The x264 switch '--direct' was added as 'B-Frames/Direct Mode'.
  • Updated x264 to revision 516 using sharktooth's build.
  • DivX was updated to version 6.2.2.
  • Opening a audio source file that has a filename containing the language will cause StaxRip to pick up the language from the filename so it's no longer necessary to set the language manually.
  • Opening a source file while another source file is already open will show a dialog to select a template from. Previously just a warn message appeared asking to load a template first.
  • The options dialog has several new options allowing to disable certain assistant instructions. For now the following reminders can be disabled: crop, filters, cut and comp. check.
  • When StaxRip shows a dialog for the very first time it will automatically show the help of the dialog. It's now possible to disable this behavior in the settings.
  • For HDTV the image size is ofter larger then the monitor screen size, in that case StaxRip shows the crop dialog maximized fitting exactly the monintor size.
  • The command 'Perform/Clear Jobs' was added allowing to clear the job list.
  • The command 'Correct/ImageSize' was added. It changes the image size to the cropped image size in case no resize filter is used. This command is always performed after the crop dialog closes.
  • The command 'Correct/Crop Mod' was added. It crops until crop width and height is a multiple of 4 or in case no resize filter is used 16. This command is always performed after the crop dialog closes.
  • The command 'Perform/Add Job' was added allowing to add a job to the job list.
  • The command 'Perform/Run Jobs' was added allowing to start encoding the jobs.
  • The quality percent value that is used in conjunction with the compressibility check defaults now to 60% for XviD and DivX and 50% for x264. StaxRip will offer to reset all video encoder settings.
  • StaxRip no longer uses a default project but allows to specify which template to load at startup.
  • The main window supports now tooltips showed with a right-click or by using the 'What's this?' menu item (command: 'Help/What's This?'). StaxRip will offer to reset the main menu to make this menu item show up.
  • The automatic correction of crop values uses now two sides.
  • The crop dialog shows now mod values and labels in the status bar.
  • The menu editor uses now a menu instead of a drop down to select a command. The advantage of a menu is a hierarchical presentation and tooltip context help.
  • Added project option 'Advanced/Dangerous/Save Cropping' to disable forcing save mod values for cropping.
  • Updated the guides regarding multipass vs quality mode.
  • The size menu in the main window has new default values allowing to set the size/bitrate based on a quality of 40/50/60/70/80% which can be useful for codecs with multipass better tuned then quality mode. StaxRip will offer to reset this setting.
  • The audio settings for the PlayStation Portable were improved. StaxRip will offer to reset audio related settings.
  • The profile menus support now a tree structure based on slash signs ('/') in the profile name. StaxRip forces to reset audio and video encoder profiles to have new profile names.
  • The open files dialog supports now Drag & Drop to add files.
  • Open the target directory after the encoding was removed because windows explorer might crash for unknown reasons.
  • The dialog for opening source files has various new options for batch processing.
  • The PayPal donation link was broke due to changes from PayPal.
  • The 'More Guides' help document was updated with a italian guide.

Last edited by stax76; 1st May 2006 at 11:42.
Old 2nd May 2006, 10:21   #1051  |  Link
Warrex

Bug Report:
  1. Go to "Project Options"/"Advanced"
  2. Open the groups "General", "Advanced Automation" and "Filters used internally"
  3. Opening "Assistant" or "Dangerous" will now cause StaxRip to set the first option of the respective groups without clicking on the checkbox

Edit: When openening "Dangerous" and all other groups are open it will also change the last option of "Assistant": "Remind to do compressibilty check"

Last edited by Warrex; 2nd May 2006 at 10:26.
Old 2nd May 2006, 10:25   #1052  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

XviD EncRaw Update

Hi Stax,

Just in-case you missed it, Squid_80 has just announced: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid_80
source: ftp://squid80.no-ip.com/xvid_encraw_src.zip
new build that should handle compressed (and raw colorspaces other than yv12) avi input files: ftp://squid80.no-ip.com/xvid_encraw.zip

(Also fixes the bug I mentioned above which no-one took any notice of.)

Cheers mate

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 2nd May 2006 at 14:13.
Old 2nd May 2006, 11:14   #1053  |  Link
stax76

@Warrex

Fourth glitch now caused by opening multiple nodes.

http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/StaxRip_Hotfix.zip

@SeeMoreDigital

Server is down, my motivation making a little GUI (based on the TreeView) depends on how well it is documented. Some goes for including profiles of type 'Command Line Encoder', if somebody provides me with the command lines for some Command Line Encoder profiles then it would not be a big task to at least add Command Line Encoder profiles. Creating a new Command Line Encoder profile works by clicking 'Add' in the 'Encoder Profiles' dialog and selecting 'Misc/Command Line Example', the new profile can then be renamed
('Rename') and edited ('Edit').

Last edited by stax76; 2nd May 2006 at 11:20.
Old 2nd May 2006, 20:13   #1054  |  Link
DaXearo

I've got a problem while playing Staxrip encodes (avi, mkv,...) in Media Player Classic; mpc opens multiple audio filters (like 2 or 3 times the AC3 decoder etc.) while playing back the file. It must be a bug in the muxing procedure in Staxrip.
When I re-mux the video & audio in vdubmod, the file plays fine.
I don't think it's a mpc bug, because non-Staxrip encodes play back fine.

Thanks!
Old 2nd May 2006, 20:45   #1055  |  Link
stax76

Your problem is probably MPC picks up external files that have the same name. It's a good feature but only if you know that it is a feature and not a bug, it confuses people regularly.
Old 4th May 2006, 15:35   #1056  |  Link
Warrex

@ Stax

I use DivxMux as Muxer in StaxRip. Is there a problem with audio delays? The audio delay of the AC3 file StaxRip has to mux is 1523ms.

StaxRip uses this command line (from logfile): "c:\Programme\StaxRip\Applications\DivXMux\DivXMux.exe" -v "C:\XYZ\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1_EncoderOutput.avi" -a (Audio -de;01) "C:\XYZ\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1 02 de-German 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 1523ms.ac3" -o "C:\XYZ\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.divx"

DivxMux requires this syntax for muxing audio streams:
-a [(strn data)] [#<track>] [o<offset>] <filename>

Wouldn't it be correct to use this command line:
"c:\Programme\StaxRip\Applications\DivXMux\DivXMux.exe" -v "C:\Divx-Source\XYZ\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1_EncoderOutput.avi" -a (Audio -de;01) o1523 "C:\Divx-Source\XYZ\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1 02 de-German 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 1523ms.ac3" -o "C:\Divx-Source\XYZ\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.divx"

So either StaxRip
  • does not handle delays at all
  • it detects that the audio delay is beyond DivxMux' -1000 to 1000ms range (just found out about it) and then does not use "o1533" (a warning would be nice in this case)

Which is correct?

Edit:
Just tested StaxRip with a file that has a delay of 570ms. StaxRip then also does not use "o570" to forward the value to DivxMux.

Btw: Why doesn't StaxRip use "[#<track>]"?

Last edited by Warrex; 4th May 2006 at 16:19.
Old 4th May 2006, 17:27   #1057  |  Link
ricardo.santos

Hi Stax

In my opinion your program has the most "understanble GUI" for converting dvds with x264 codec.

can you tell me which profile(x264) should i use to backup my dvds so that i can watch them on the new blu-ray and hd-dvd players?

thanks
Old 4th May 2006, 19:03   #1058  |  Link
stax76

@Warrex

Maybe I missed that for that muxer, did you try mkv? I'll make a code review.

@ricardo.santos

I'm happy to hear you find it most understandable.

The latest build made this much easier as only two profiles are on top level of the menu for each codec, using either the profile 'Constant Quality' or 'Exact File Size' should be fine. 'Constant Quality' vs 'Exact File Size' is explained in the 'DVD Guide' of the help, those profiles are derived from Sharktooth's common encoding highprofile and should be fine for common usage.
Old 4th May 2006, 19:59   #1059  |  Link
ricardo.santos

avisynth instalation error

cant install avisynth 2.5.6a required now by StaxRip

see thread here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...+administrator

thanks
Old 4th May 2006, 20:26   #1060  |  Link
Warrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stax
@Warrex

Maybe I missed that for that muxer, did you try mkv? I'll make a code review.
Mkv is not an option for me. I am aiming for best compatibility with my standalones. Using Divx' own muxer and renaming to .avi (some older players do not recognize .divx) has been perfectly reliable.

Something about it is in your source code - maybe its just not working correctly with delays greater than 2 digits.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265