Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Closed Thread

Old 23rd March 2007, 18:32   #1021  |  Link
WalterK

The whole folder just to be on the safe side.
Old 25th March 2007, 03:55   #1022  |  Link
SalSimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneill5491 View Post
I don't know if there was a post about this earlier, but is there a way to stop WMP from asking you if you would like to install the available update (from beta 2 to final)?
Yes there is. . . .

1. Reboot Windows in SAFE Mode
2. Go to Program Files>Windows Media Player
3. Find setup_wm.exe
4. Rename it to anything else (e.g. setup_wm0.exe)
5. Reboot Windows

Works also by deleting setup_wm.exe, but renaming is better just in case you want o put it back. There may be other ways of avoiding the nag, but this one works for me.

Note: You have to be in SAFE Mode or else the Windows File Protection feature will put a new setup_wm.exe in the directory.
Old 25th March 2007, 05:32   #1023  |  Link
mysekurity

What is it about Beta 2 that allows you to not have to have the newest ibx? If I have an original installer for WMP11 Final when it first came out, will that work when moving to a new computer?
Old 26th March 2007, 04:27   #1024  |  Link
Oneill5491

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalSimp View Post
Yes there is. . . .

1. Reboot Windows in SAFE Mode
2. Go to Program Files>Windows Media Player
3. Find setup_wm.exe
4. Rename it to anything else (e.g. setup_wm0.exe)
5. Reboot Windows

Works also by deleting setup_wm.exe, but renaming is better just in case you want o put it back. There may be other ways of avoiding the nag, but this one works for me.

Note: You have to be in SAFE Mode or else the Windows File Protection feature will put a new setup_wm.exe in the directory.
Hey thanks for the tip man.

Btw, is it pretty much a given now that the author of FairUse won't be comming back to make a new version?
Old 26th March 2007, 05:37   #1025  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Who knows O'Neill? He might be among us still. No-one's crystal ball is any better than yours.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
Old 26th March 2007, 17:48   #1026  |  Link
mysekurity

Well, since no one responded to my last few posts, I decided to test it out for myself, and I can conclusively say that Urge's AutoMix update does not update your ibx. It's a truly great feature that clues me into what I should buy, and I highly recommend it to all Urge users.

So there ya go. In case anyone else was wondering...
Old 27th March 2007, 11:29   #1027  |  Link
NHS

WalterK

Thanks for your help - that worked a treat.
Old 28th March 2007, 15:24   #1028  |  Link
zunefun

okay so i gave up...is there anything eles besides this program?
Old 28th March 2007, 17:16   #1029  |  Link
Itsdon

Try Tunebite. Not as elegant, not free, but it works.
Old 29th March 2007, 04:19   #1030  |  Link
WalterK

tunebite creates a lossy format.
If this is for audio i'd say you are better off using a freeware app than can record your audio while its playing and save it to uncompressed wav.
Like say Audacity.
Note Audacity will not playback wma files protected or not but it can record audio that is playing on your pc.

Last edited by WalterK; 29th March 2007 at 04:21.
Old 29th March 2007, 22:30   #1031  |  Link
hicux

why people dont change the subject? We are repeating the same story here all the time. Let's talk about something new plz? FairUSEWM 1.3 is working so good with me but u need to roll back to windows media player 9. I am not going to discuss this anymore. Good Luck!
Old 29th March 2007, 23:09   #1032  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Yes. I agree. People who ask the same question over and over are simply not using the very good search feature on the board.

Let us not go into how to make this program work ad infinitum.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.

Last edited by blutach; 30th March 2007 at 01:24.
Old 29th March 2007, 23:49   #1033  |  Link
CademiaX

found a work around for using the lastest version of fairuse4wm with the lastest version of wmp11 and ibx.

If you cant get back to wmp10, get a program like vmware or virtual pc, and install windows xp with wmp10.

Now I figured this out by mistake, install your music service under the virtual pc, use fairuse4wm to recover the keys..

the keys are stored in my documents as blackbox-keys.txt, simply copy that to your real desktop and close virtual pc.

put blackbox-keys.txt in my documents, run fairuse4wm, add protected music and enjoy using the lastest version of wmp11
Old 31st March 2007, 04:56   #1034  |  Link
mysekurity

Just as a warning, MS is pushing Update 929399 to counter a service's inabilty to "extract metering data from some portable devices that support metering" through its Windows Update automatic update program. This update includes IBX 11.0.6, which is a definite bad thing. To avoid the update, chose the "custom install" option when prompted, and uncheck it. Click "next" and then "don't ask me to install this again".
Old 3rd April 2007, 02:51   #1035  |  Link
mysekurity

Windows Media Player is forcing me to update "a security component". Any way around this? Probably not, correct?
Old 3rd April 2007, 04:10   #1036  |  Link
setarip_old

@mysekurity

Check out the listings at the following link (scroll about 1/3 down re: "disabling"):

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
Old 3rd April 2007, 15:35   #1037  |  Link
Itsdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CademiaX View Post
found a work around for using the lastest version of fairuse4wm with the lastest version of wmp11 and ibx.

If you cant get back to wmp10, get a program like vmware or virtual pc, and install windows xp with wmp10.

Now I figured this out by mistake, install your music service under the virtual pc, use fairuse4wm to recover the keys..

the keys are stored in my documents as blackbox-keys.txt, simply copy that to your real desktop and close virtual pc.

put blackbox-keys.txt in my documents, run fairuse4wm, add protected music and enjoy using the lastest version of wmp11
Interesting. Any idea if using this under Vista will work?
Old 4th April 2007, 02:27   #1038  |  Link
mysekurity

@setarip_old: I've ignored the automatic update (I was alerting others so that they would not fall for it).

WMP told me that I needed to update my security component in order to stream one of the songs. Eventually and reluctantly, I agreed to the upgrade (not the player upgrade). It processed, and allowed me to stream the song, but not download it. I restarted the player, and found it was still the same version, I could download/stream songs, and still use FU4WM. I haven't yet restarted, so I'm not sure if that kills it, but I doubt it.

@Itsdon: The virtual machine will work under vista with WinXP installed on the virtual machine, but vista's WMP is at 11.0.6, which is too great of a version for FU4WM, and its protected system files won't allow any modifications. Until a workaround is created, Vista users must use a virtual machine with XP in order for the program to work.
Old 4th April 2007, 19:47   #1039  |  Link
StreamRipper
Media Stream Ripping Pro

valid link for FU4WMCommander

Can someone post a valid link for FU4WMCommander, 'coz the old one no longer works.

Please help!

Last edited by StreamRipper; 5th April 2007 at 05:00.
Closed Thread