Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 25th February 2008, 19:12   #201  |  Link
Bradskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Are you distributing DGIndex? If so, you need to follow GPL. Please advise where one gets the DGIndex source code via your distribution.
There is a EULA.rtf file contained in the avi.NET distribution that contains that info... like anybody cares.
Bradskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2008, 19:39   #202  |  Link
The Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Are you distributing DGIndex? If so, you need to follow GPL. Please advise where one gets the DGIndex source code via your distribution.
Yes I do, we have already spoke about this some time ago

The EULA that gets installed with avi.NET (and shown during installation) contains your deatils with link to your site for source.
The Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2008, 09:52   #203  |  Link
bukem

hybrid interlaced/progressive content

1. I've problem with some hybrid interlaced/progressive content beeing not deinterlaced correctly (the checkbox to use decomb filter is not available). The source is NTSC 29.970 hybrid and was decrypted with DVD Decrypter.

Screenshoot bellow:

2. And I strongly second to have option for batch processing. It would ease life much when processing a bunch of videos with similar properties (e.g. serials)
bukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2008, 00:34   #204  |  Link
The Scientist

@bukem
Sorry, this was supposed to been done on the previous release. Program updated.
The Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 00:45   #205  |  Link
bukem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
@bukem
Sorry, this was supposed to been done on the previous release. Program updated.
Thank you for new version - I'll give it a try next Monday.

And one more thing about batch processing as it seems I wasn't clear enough :

1. I also second to Bradskey idea of having an option in pgc.NET for batch processing with the indexing option at the end of ripping

2. The second thing I'd love to see in avi.NET is option to retain video processing settings on av.OPTIONS tab, especially those concerning forcing video bitrate or quality as well as subtitle processing settings. It make sense with episodic DVD's.

Ps. And could you add option to disable video clip playing at all?
bukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2008, 20:21   #206  |  Link
Fraschetti

1. Any chance we could get a progress bar for the initial indexing of the video?

2. If I specify a bit rate (Force Video Bitrate), changing between screen sizes overwrites my manual entry.
Fraschetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 18:26   #207  |  Link
Vindarath

could you update the xvid build to vaq patched xvid?
Vindarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 20:34   #208  |  Link
Heliologue

2.5.8.0 is the first version that Process Explorer lists as a 64-bit executable when it runs, which is all good and fine except it can't find AviSynth anymore, which I'm assuming is a 32-bit-only program. I get a "AVISYNTH is not installed" error when trying to load a datafile, even though it's already. installed. 2.5.7.0 (runs as 32-bit) works fine.
Heliologue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 19:42   #209  |  Link
mrgtstr

I am not really sure where to put this and apologize if this is not the place. After doing numerous successful conversions with avi.net (great program by the way), I have a question regarding playback through avi.net. On some of my movies the audio and video get out of sync when I add it in to avi.net. I have been searching for a solution and haven't found one yet and realize this topic is talked about to death, but still would like some guidance.

This is what I have installed currently: k-like codec pack v3.9.0, avi.net v2.5.8.0, pgc.net v2.0.0.0, and the support tools off of avi.net’s website. I have been using dvdfab hd decrypter v5.0.2.5 to get the movie to my hard drive and then I use pgc.net to extract just the movie. After this is done, I open up the extracted movie through VLC and everything plays fine and to make sure everything is still in sync. I then add it into avi.net……when its done indexing and setting the aspect ratio and starts playing through avi.net, the audio and video are out of sync. and carries over after the conversion. Is there something that I am doing wrong or is there something in the temp folder that avi.net creates that I could edit? My other thought is……could the type of encryption on the dvd be messing with the sync issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mrgtstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2008, 19:14   #210  |  Link
DIEGO7-5

Deinterlace detection

First of all thanks for this great tool!

I´d like to see some automatic interlace detection or maybe a window that tells me that whether i have to de-interlace the source or not.

Would that be possible?

I know you´re using FieldDeinterlace which is one of the finest and smoothest deinterlacers out there. Especially if the source MPEG material was converted from NTSC to PAL using interlacing.

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Best regards,

Diego 7-5
DIEGO7-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2008, 18:16   #211  |  Link
Bradskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgtstr View Post
This is what I have installed currently: k-like codec pack v3.9.0, avi.net v2.5.8.0, pgc.net v2.0.0.0, and the support tools off of avi.net’s website. I have been using dvdfab hd decrypter v5.0.2.5 to get the movie to my hard drive and then I use pgc.net to extract just the movie. After this is done, I open up the extracted movie through VLC and everything plays fine and to make sure everything is still in sync. I then add it into avi.net……when its done indexing and setting the aspect ratio and starts playing through avi.net, the audio and video are out of sync. and carries over after the conversion. Is there something that I am doing wrong or is there something in the temp folder that avi.net creates that I could edit? My other thought is……could the type of encryption on the dvd be messing with the sync issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I believe I have posted about this before, but what you describe sounds like a common phenomenon I encounter occasionally. In my limited understanding, it has to do with copy protection and the limitations of the avi container. Even though DVDFab does a good job of removing copy protection, sometimes the protection method goes so far as to intentionally corrupt or alter the raw MPEG streams you are trying to extract. This occurs particularly with DVDs from one notorious big studio. MPEG format contains error correction and time codes that allow these to still play back correctly, but when converted you will have bad sync issues. When I encounter this issue I run the pgc-extracted VOBs through a feature called "Quickstream Fix" found in the commercial tool VideoRedo, and convert the output file with avi.NET. VideoRedo will tell you if it had to correct sync frames, after which you should not have sync issues in the converted DivX. I don't know of another tool that can do the same, though there may be one. Hope this helps.
Old 18th June 2008, 19:32   #212  |  Link
mrgtstr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradskey View Post
Hi, I believe I have posted about this before, but what you describe sounds like a common phenomenon I encounter occasionally. In my limited understanding, it has to do with copy protection and the limitations of the avi container. Even though DVDFab does a good job of removing copy protection, sometimes the protection method goes so far as to intentionally corrupt or alter the raw MPEG streams you are trying to extract. This occurs particularly with DVDs from one notorious big studio. MPEG format contains error correction and time codes that allow these to still play back correctly, but when converted you will have bad sync issues. When I encounter this issue I run the pgc-extracted VOBs through a feature called "Quickstream Fix" found in the commercial tool VideoRedo, and convert the output file with avi.NET. VideoRedo will tell you if it had to correct sync frames, after which you should not have sync issues in the converted DivX. I don't know of another tool that can do the same, though there may be one. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply....Another thought is if I use dvdfab to create an iso instead of a folder and use dvd decrpyter to extract just the movie. I have found out by selecting the ifo file created by dvd decrypter and when using AutoGK the audio and video are in sync. I don't know whether that sheds some light on anything, but wondering if it would be possible for a future avi.net release it be able to use the ifo file instead of strictly wanting the vob file to convert? However, I still use avi.net on the ones that work and AutoGK (for now) on the ones that don't, but will try what you suggested.
Old 19th June 2008, 17:42   #213  |  Link
mrgtstr

That worked!
Old 27th October 2008, 16:08   #214  |  Link
arrirc
Aminei

Hello The Scientist

I am using avi.net version 2.5.8.0. I also have latest K Lite Mega Codec pack 4.2.5 installed. I have checked GSpot and found that XviD is installed. Here is the detail:

Quote:
- - Type VFW
- - Function Decoder
DSH 4CC XVID
DSH Friendly Name XviD MPEG-4 Codec
DSH DirectShow CLSID CLSID_AVIDec {CF49D4E0-1115-11CE-B03A-0020AF0BA770}
REG Driver File C:\WINDOWS\system32\xvidvfw.dll
REG Merit 0x00200000
VFW Name XVID
VFW Description XviD MPEG-4 Codec
As I am trying to encode a video file ripped using rip.net, I always find that the video is encoded in DivX, whether I always chose XviD, which I personally prefer as my choice of output codec. here is the GSpot report of the converted file.

Here is the log of the last processing:

Quote:
BUILD : avi . NET v 2.5 .8 .0
CPU : Intel (R ) Core ( TM) 2 CPU 4300 @ 1. 80 GHz
SPEED : 1805 Mhz

================================ 13 : 05: 41 ================================

IN : J: \Temp \My Movie.VOB
MPEG 2
PAL
25 FPS
4 : 3
720 x 576
2 : 17 :12
AC 3 AUDIO

OUT : J: \Temp \My Movie.avi
XVID
QUALITY Q 2.5
1 . 73 :1
720 x 416
AC 3 AUDIO

MODE : SLOW HQ
EXTRA : SMOOTHNESS LOW
DEFAULT AUTOCROP

AUDIO : Completed [00 : 00: 42 ]
VIDEO : Completed [05 : 37: 03 ] SPEED : 50 FPS

================================ 18 : 46: 18 ================================
As it can be seen from the above log that I have chosen XviD, but I still get the final movie being encoded in DivX. Please note that I have ripped the movie using the latest version of pgc.net.

Could you please help me to resolve this issue?

Last edited by arrirc; 27th October 2008 at 16:19.
arrirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 11:41   #215  |  Link
Jacquers
bonkers

avi.NET uses the DivX command line tool DivXMux.exe to put the audio and video together after conversion, so this is why the video
is marked as DivX, even though XviD was used to encode the video.
Jacquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 17:09   #216  |  Link
arrirc
Aminei

But GSpot is showing the Video Codec to be DivX rather than XviD!
Old 29th October 2008, 12:29   #217  |  Link
Jacquers
bonkers

This is from the author's website:

"When you make an XviD AVI and some third party program or utility tells you its really a DivX file, don't panic, the program is lying, the file *is* an XviD. All the program is doing is checking the 4CC of the file and reporting DivX, even for an XviD. When avi.NET muxes (combines the audio and video) at the end of a conversion, it uses DivX Networks DivXMux program. It is this program that is writing the DX50 4CC into the header making other programs report them as DivX, even when they are not. The latest GSpot v2.60 RC reports DX50 in an XviD made using avi.NET but does, correctly, also report XviD v1.1.2. So reat assured, if you make an XviD AVI with avi.NET, then it's an XviD."

www.clonead.co.uk
Jacquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 10:55   #218  |  Link
arrirc
Aminei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquers View Post
This is from the author's website:

"When you make an XviD AVI and some third party program or utility tells you its really a DivX file, don't panic, the program is lying, the file *is* an XviD. All the program is doing is checking the 4CC of the file and reporting DivX, even for an XviD. When avi.NET muxes (combines the audio and video) at the end of a conversion, it uses DivX Networks DivXMux program. It is this program that is writing the DX50 4CC into the header making other programs report them as DivX, even when they are not. The latest GSpot v2.60 RC reports DX50 in an XviD made using avi.NET but does, correctly, also report XviD v1.1.2. So reat assured, if you make an XviD AVI with avi.NET, then it's an XviD."

www.clonead.co.uk
Thank you very much for the clarification
Old 9th November 2008, 03:18   #219  |  Link
Bradskey

Today I encoded some vobs with avi.NET, then sampled them with WMP and was prompted to update my DivX codec to 6.8.5. Okay, I've updated several times in the past with no issue so I went ahead and did it. Then later I tried to do some more encoding with avi.NET and got the following error each time it tried to start the first video encoding pass:

I did a system restore to roll back to whatever I had before to resolve this (6.8 or 6.8.4 probably).
Old 9th November 2008, 04:39   #220  |  Link
arrirc
Aminei

Try installing K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, IMHO this will resolve all your codec related problems.

For avi.net, did you try uninstalling and then installing afresh?