Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 26th March 2015, 19:05   #301  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by youli View Post
I sent again now from another mail.
pgcedit@gma... is this right?
Yes. I have received your mail. And I can confirm that the problem is that you have used the VSFilter option to hardcode the subtitles.

You can see the problem with BDSup2Sub: Open your SUP file in BDSup2Sub. (You can use Tools -> Open Subtitles in BDSup2Sub.) Select the subtitle #3 in the first dropdown menu in the top left corner of the BDSup2Sub window. Now, select the "SUP (BD)" output format in the 5th option box. The subtitle in the bottom pane should be exactly identical to the original subtitle in the upper pane. That's also what you will get if you use the SupTitle option in BD3D2MK3D. Now, select the SUB/IDX output format, and watch the change: the subtitle is now white in the bottom pane. That's what you get when using the VSFilter option in BD3D2MK3D, and obviously, it's not perfect.

So, to solve the problem, select Settings -> Hardcode Subtitle Method -> BD SUP (.SUP) using SupTitle. Read the warning, and if necessary, install the latest version of .NET. (Note that .NET v4+ is installed by default in Windows 8. It's only if you use Vista or Win7 that you may have to install the latest .NET manually.)

I am sorry, but you will have to compute the T&B video stream again. However, you don't need to restart everything over. You can simply edit the _ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs file. You should uncomment the 2 lines with the SupTitle word, and comment-out the 2 lines with VSFilter and VobSub, like this:
Code:
[...]

#LoadPlugin("D:\Install\MKV\BD3D\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\VSFilter.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\Install\MKV\BD3D\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\SupTitle.dll")

[...]

# Hardcode subtitles
#VobSub("00001.track_4610.Rus.3D.sub")
SupTitle("00001.track_4610.Rus.3D.sup")

[...]
Then restart _ENCODE.cmd
That should work if .NET v4 or greater has been installed correctly.

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th March 2015 at 19:09.
Old 26th March 2015, 22:02   #302  |  Link
jmcguire525

Beginner questions

I'm usually pretty good with this kind of stuff but right now my brain doesn't seem to be working right so please excuse the noob questions...

I've got ~40 3d BD that I wan't to get stored on my NAS to play back in Kodi for android. Right now I am using a FireTV with T&B MKV files, but I have a 4K passive TV on the way that will be paired with the new Nvidia shield console that supports 4k and has hdmi 2.0.

Does anyone know if LG 4k tv's can handle Full T&B files and display them in passive 3D?

The first post mentions "properly decoded blu-ray 3D". Do I need to run the BD through another program before using this program?

I tried this program with a test file, just a 2 min clip I was able to pick out from an ISO of Monster House, but was only able to get audio in the file it output. DVDFab worked with the same file but ignored the black bars when making the T&B file which make it useless (Tried to manually select aspect ratio but it wouldn't work).

Thanks your yalls patience, just trying to see if I'm on the right track.
Old 27th March 2015, 07:14   #303  |  Link
youli

@r0lZ, thanks for your research.

@jmcguire525
Internal USB flash player of TV can not play blu-ray ISO-images.
Someone says, that Samsung can play 3D SSIF-file renamed to mkv.
Someone says, that Home Media Server (HMS DLNA) can mount blu-ray ISO for play on TVs.

This program doing:
1) demuxing SSIF from blu-ray to standalone AVC, MVC and audio streams files
2) creating avisynth script and cmd file
3) encoding AVC and MVC to standaslone H.264 stream with combining them to one frame half over-under (1920x1080), half side-by-side (1920x1080), and for UHD TV - full over-under (1920x2160), full side-by-side (3840x1080) , I think UHD TV's USB flash player can play 1920x2160 and 3840x1080 in 3D
4) muxing H.264 stream and audio streams to snandalone mkv-file

It will play on Internal USB flash player of TV.
But! For encoding need a lot of time.
3 hrs movie with Core i7 need about 12-16 hrs for encoding to 1920x1080 by 1 pass.

Are you need it?
Old 27th March 2015, 09:11   #304  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forums, jmcguire525!

Sorry, I can't reply to your question about the hardware. I have only a relatively cheap Samsung Smart TV, that doesn't support Full-SBS/T&B. I have no way to test other hardware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcguire525 View Post
The first post mentions "properly decoded blu-ray 3D". Do I need to run the BD through another program before using this program?
BD3D2MK3D doesn't remove the protections, and therefore cannot process directly most original commercial 3DBDs. You need an unprotected ISO (that you can create with many BD copy programs and mount with the native Win8 ISO mounter or a specific ISO mounter under Vista or Win7). Another solution is to decode the original BD on the fly with AnyDVD HD. The problem of the black video can be caused by the fact that the original track was not decoded, but I'm not sure. Have you tried to play the video on your PC with a good software player? If the image is black here too, that means probably that the decoder is necessary.

Note also that you need a correct and complete 3DBD structure, with the BDMV/STREAM/SSIF folder. Copying the files on HDD usually doesn't work properly. You have to mount the ISO, and open the virtual drive in BD3D2MK3D.

I didn't know that DVDFab crops the black borders automatically! Another good reason to never use that program to rip your 3DBDs to SBS or T&B. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by r0lZ; 27th March 2015 at 09:18.
Old 27th March 2015, 09:53   #305  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.63 final

As you know already, the main additions in this version are the support for the x265 encoder, and the addition of some options in the Settings menu to control the muxing options of MkvMerge.

Please remember that x265 is still very new, not well adapted to 3D and somewhat unstable. Most hardware players refuse to play the video files encoded in h265 format. You should therefore use that new feature with caution and at your own risk!

Note also that the two MKV compatibility options --engage no_cue_duration and --engage no_cue_relative_position seem to be necessary for fast seeks with most hardware players, and are therefore set by default. If you don't need them, please check the Settings -> MKV Compatibility Options menu.

The SupTitle avisynth plugin is now the default when .NET v4 is correctly installed, because it is much better than the VSFilter to hardcode the subtitles on the video. (See the problem of the subtitle colors when using the VSFilter, reported by youli here.) However, existing users will need to select the SupTitle option manually (with the Settings -> Hardcode Subtitle Method menu), because BD3D2MK3D doesn't modify automatically that setting if the config file has already been saved. (Be sure to install the Microsoft .NET framework v4 under Win7 or Vista if necessary. It should be installed by default under Win8.)

The other changes are minor, and include the update of several external programs.
Quote:
# v0.63 (March 27, 2015)
# - Added support for encoding in HEVC with x265 (with some limitations due to x265.exe constraints).
# - Added the Settings -> MKV Compatibility Options menu to mux with a better compatibility if your player has troubles.
# - The SupTitle avisynth plugin is now the default instead of the VSFilter when BD3D2MK3D detects that .net v4 is available when it is run for the first time.
# - Added the (commented out) code to hardcode a subtitle stream in the avisynth script even when that option is not used.
# - Minor cosmetic changes
# - Updated MkvMerge and MkvPropEdit to the latest version (v7.7.0)
# - Updated eac3to to the latest version (v3.29)
# - Updated x264 to the latest version (v0.146.2538)
# - Added the latest build of x265 32 and 64-bit (build 2015-03-27)
Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z

Last edited by r0lZ; 27th March 2015 at 09:57.
Old 1st April 2015, 16:30   #306  |  Link
|1313|

Can i ask wich version you are using for x265 64-bit? 16 bit or 8 bit and one more thing what is the diffrence?
Old 1st April 2015, 16:57   #307  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

8-bit. The number of bits here is the color depth: 8 bit per component = 24-bit for the 3 components = "truecolor" = approx 16 millions of colors.
16-bit offers a better quality (much more colors), but it is incompatible with most players, and it takes more disc space. Furthermore, there is no real advantage in using the 16-bit version if your source is 8-bit, especially if it is not resized.
IMO, 16-bit should be reserved to professionals. However, if you want to try it, you can download a 16-bit build, and rename it to x265_x64.exe, and replace the 8-bit version in the tools folder. BD3D2MK3D should be compatible with the 16-bit version (although I have never tried). Of course, do not complain if the final MKV is rejected by your hardware players. (Most software players should accept it.)
Old 1st April 2015, 17:26   #308  |  Link
|1313|

I dont use a hardware player and i have already downloaded the 16 bit cause i tought that was the one that you used and i have already made one x265 mkv with BD3D2MK3D so it works i wanted to have the latest relaese of x265 thats why i download the latest builds Thanx for the answer I will do a comparsion after iam done with this rip One more thing what bitrate do you think compared to x264 is about same quality or better when using x265?

EDIT. I leeched down a none 3D movie in x265 and for me it seems small but i dont really know and same with bitrate.

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom
File size : 687 MiB
Duration : 1h 32mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 1 043 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2015-03-30 02:20:03
Tagged date : UTC 2015-03-30 02:20:03

Video
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main@L3.1
Codec ID : hvc1
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Duration : 1h 32mn
Bit rate : 976 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 20.9 Mbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 536 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 24.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.059
Stream size : 643 MiB (94%)
Writing library : x265 1.4+533-b6f36b277234d7f4:[Windows][GCC 4.9.2][64 bit]
Encoding settings : wpp / ctu=64 / tu-intra-depth=1 / tu-inter-depth=1 / me=3 / subme=3 / merange=57 / rect / no-amp / max-merge=3 / temporal-mvp / no-early-skip / no-fast-cbf / rdpenalty=0 / no-tskip / no-tskip-fast / strong-intra-smoothing / no-lossless / no-cu-lossless / no-constrained-intra / no-fast-intra / open-gop / no-temporal-layers / interlace=0 / keyint=250 / min-keyint=24 / scenecut=40 / rc-lookahead=25 / bframes=4 / bframe-bias=0 / b-adapt=2 / ref=3 / weightp / no-weightb / aq-mode=1 / aq-strength=1.00 / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rd=4 / psy-rd=0.30 / psy-rdoq=1.00 / signhide / lft / sao / no-sao-non-deblock / b-pyramid / cutree / rc=abr / bitrate=997 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30
EDIT.

Last edited by |1313|; 1st April 2015 at 17:39.
Old 1st April 2015, 17:58   #309  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Honestly, I have no idea of what bitrate could be comparable to an encoding with x264. I don't use x265 myself. I have added the possibility to use it in BD3D2MK3D at the request of an user. (Is it you? I don't remember.)

I did only a few tests in CRF mode. I have noticed that CRF 23 is the default for x264, and CRF 28 for x265. Therefore, I did a test with the two encoders with their respective default CRF values. I did my first test with x264 CRF 23, preset slower. (Usually, an encoding of a full movie with these settings lasts 7 or 8 hours on my computer.) Then, I launched a second test with x265 CRF 28 and preset slower too. But after about 30 minutes, x264 displayed a remaining time of more than 24 hours, and I have interrupted it. I relaunched it with preset medium, and this time it was reasonably fast. Finally, the size of the h265 stream was a little bit more than 1/3 of the size of the x264 stream. Good result, given the fact that the preset was "worse" for x265! I suppose that the two renderings were comparable in quality, and I was unable to see any difference, but I have not tried to compare the two renderings scientifically.

So, currently, I assume that 1/3 to 1/2 of the bitrate of x264 should be sufficient for x265. But I can't be sure. Anyway, I don't like to use 1 or 2-pass modes with specific bitrate values. CRF mode is MUCH better, because it "adapts itself" to the complexity of the movie. But I'm not the best person to reply to your question. I suppose you'll have more elaborated replies in the x264/x265 forums.

Last edited by r0lZ; 1st April 2015 at 18:02.
Old 1st April 2015, 18:25   #310  |  Link
|1313|

I didnt ask for it i asked if you gonna add it in the future. But iam thankfull you did it. Me myself use CRF. And for me to rip a move takes approx 3-4 hours on slower with x264 i have intel core i7 4960x 3.60ghz cpu and 8 gb ram and a ssd disk. For x265 wich i have only tried in medium so far it takes about 2 hours and 30 mins doing a crf 25 now. Will try the CRF 23 on x264 and CRF 28 on the x265 later. I guess it depends on how long the movie are aswell. Will do this one in x264 using medium aswell.

Last edited by |1313|; 1st April 2015 at 19:00.
Old 1st April 2015, 18:26   #311  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Nice performance and thanks for the info.
Old 12th April 2015, 14:13   #312  |  Link
Thalyn

Just a little observation from my recent tests (I still lurk here - always got to keep up!): FRIM is more robust now than DGMVC, and it may even be a little faster. This is at least true of FRIM 1.25, anyway. I would probably start setting it as the default.

My most recent 3D transcodes - Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King - both had consistent issues with DGMVC returning blank output after certain points. Running them through multiple times always stalled at the same place (as Belle was being attacked by the wolves around half-way in BatB, just before the credits in TLK). FRIM handled it with no trouble at all. The only issue I did encounter with FRIM seemed to be that it didn't like starting a second transcode while in the same session of MeGUI, but that is easy enough to work around (close and reload MeGUI).
Old 12th April 2015, 15:30   #313  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

IMO, the speed should be identical in both cases, because the lengthy operations are made by the Intel lib, identical for the two decoders. But your experience with the Disney BDs is interesting. Maybe I'll change the default setting in BD3D2MK3D, but I would like to be sure that your experience is reproducible and is not due to other causes. Anyway, thanks for the report.

Someone has had a (good or bad) experience with DGMVCDecode or FRIMSource?
Old 12th April 2015, 15:49   #314  |  Link
Nico8583

No problem for me with DGMVCDecode after more than 100 BDs.
I have Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King (decoded by me with DGMVCDec and encoded with x264), could you tell me where are issues ?
Old 12th April 2015, 16:59   #315  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the precision.

For Beauty and the Beast, look at Thalyn's post. He describes the point where the problem occurs with precision. But anyway, if you have not had any problem, that must be something else. Perhaps you have used different versions of DGMVCDecode, or just another tool to decrypt the blu-ray. Can you specify exactly what version of the decoder you have used, or what version of BD3D2MK3D? (BD3D2MK3D "signs" its conversion with a tag containing the version used to process the BD). Also, if you can specify what program and version you have used to decrypt the BD3D, that will help, Do you use AnyDVD HD? I suspect a problem with the decryption, as someone has reported a totally black output if the BD is processed without decrypting it first.

Last edited by r0lZ; 12th April 2015 at 17:10. Reason: typo
Old 12th April 2015, 17:06   #316  |  Link
Nico8583

It would be most simple if Thalyn could tell me time position :-)
My software :
- AnyDVD HD to rip
- tsMuxeR 2.6.12
- DGMVCDec b21 (not the latest version but the previous, now I'm using last version) with software decoding
- AviSynth 2.5.8
Old 12th April 2015, 17:47   #317  |  Link
Thalyn

I'd have to re-run them to get you the exact position. Without doing that all I can do is ballpark it. BatB would have been around the 47 minute mark, while TLK was closer to 1:22. It's pretty obvious if it happened as it causes everything from that point on to be black - just skip to the ending credits and if you can see them than it's worked fine.

There's a possibility it could have just been a scripting error on my part, though I don't believe it is (I've been using the same base script for quite some time now without issue). I still do all my transcodes pretty much by hand as I like to tweak things - like the offset blur I mentioned a while ago, plus I crop letterboxing - so maybe I made an error somewhere that artificially made it more error prone. It could also be that it only occurs when hardware decoding is in use. My scripting may also be responsible for the speed difference, so take that as merely an anecdote rather than hard evidence.

My software of choice:
- AnyDVD 7.5.9.0
- eac3to 3.29
- DGMVCDecode 1.0.0 b22 via hardware (Haswell "Iris" HD4600, driver 15.36.14.64.4080 - PS 15.36.18.64.4156 is available)
- FRIMSource 1.25
- AviSynth 2.6.0.4 alpha (2.6.0.6 RC2 available)
- MeGUI 2530 development update
- BD3D2MK3D 0.63 (natch - best subtitle tools around for 3D!)
Old 12th April 2015, 18:22   #318  |  Link
Nico8583

I will try to see my encoded movies.
And main differences between your configuration and mine are hardware decoding / AviSynth so perhaps one of that.
Old 12th April 2015, 21:33   #319  |  Link
Nico8583

So I have checked BatB and TLK and I have no problem. For BatB, wolves attack is OK until the end, for TLK I can see ending credits, so I think it's a hardware decoding or AviSynth problem...
Old 12th April 2015, 23:28   #320  |  Link
De_Hollander

There is a bug with the subtitle colors,output from 2d to 3d sup and also to sub
the shadow is not black anymore, but light grey in bdsup2sub

extracted original sup file to 2d

from 2d to 3d half-ou

Last edited by De_Hollander; 12th April 2015 at 23:40.
Closed Thread