Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19th September 2022, 10:59   #1  |  Link
Terka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: cz
Posts: 700
ESRGAN - AI upscaler

can something like this be implemented to avisynth?
https://github.com/xinntao/Real-ESRG...ets/teaser.jpg
Terka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2022, 13:11   #2  |  Link
Reel.Deel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,511
There's Real-ESRGAN-ncnn-vulkan which uses a similar framework as the RIFE and w2xncnnvk plugins so there's hope.
Reel.Deel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2022, 13:27   #3  |  Link
kedautinh12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,488
https://github.com/Kiyamou?tab=repositories
https://github.com/rlaphoenix/VSGAN
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2022, 13:29   #4  |  Link
kedautinh12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,488
Hope one of there resizer plugins will port to vapoursynth
One can do it, you can ask him here:
https://github.com/Asd-g/AviSynthPlus-Scripts/issues
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2022, 13:54   #5  |  Link
Dogway
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,048
For video the state of the art is BasicVSR++, already in vapoursynth, it's even better than BasicVSR, you can see BasicVSR vs Real-ESRGAN here.
__________________
i7-4790K@Stock::GTX 1070] AviSynth+ filters and mods on GitHub + Discussion thread
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2022, 15:51   #6  |  Link
Julek
Registered User
 
Julek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 74
For VS there are several plugins, the most complete being MLRT, with compatibility for CUDA/Vulkan and pure CPU.
__________________
CPU: AMD 3700X | GPU: RTX 3070Ti | RAM: 32GB 3200MHz
Discord: @Julek#9391 || GitHub
Julek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2022, 15:56   #7  |  Link
kedautinh12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,488
https://github.com/HolyWu?tab=repositories
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2022, 17:48   #8  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g
 
tormento's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Italy
Posts: 2,342
How I wish some porting to AVS+.
__________________
@turment on Telegram
tormento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2022, 00:29   #9  |  Link
takla
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 147
Why are all good models cuda only...
takla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2022, 02:12   #10  |  Link
kedautinh12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by takla View Post
Why are all good models cuda only...
No, some plugins only need Vulkan

Last edited by kedautinh12; 20th September 2022 at 02:15.
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2022, 07:36   #11  |  Link
takla
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedautinh12 View Post
No, some plugins only need Vulkan
And those are all mediocre (with the exception of rife for interpolation)
takla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2022, 07:51   #12  |  Link
kedautinh12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,488
mediocre?? Your Real-ESRGAN sometime don't perfect like example. Each plugin can use for some cases. You can't do for all case with only one plugin. Please remember. If you think you can develop one plugin can do all for it, you can complain others is mediocre
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2022, 11:24   #13  |  Link
takla
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedautinh12 View Post
mediocre?? Your Real-ESRGAN sometime don't perfect like example. Each plugin can use for some cases. You can't do for all case with only one plugin. Please remember. If you think you can develop one plugin can do all for it, you can complain others is mediocre
Yes mediocre. All the models Real-ESRGAN ncnn Vulkan comes with are very mediocre.

Also, esrgan models can very much be the only "plugin" you need to be applied to a given source. I've seen some amazing models before, but again, only for cuda.
takla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2022, 19:18   #14  |  Link
real.finder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mesopotamia
Posts: 2,544
I really hope the nnedi4 and nnsharpen https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...86#post1577586 was done and tritical still do his great work which is not resources hungry as these AI upscaler, maybe his nnedi4 or even nnedi5 will beat those python toys, what I really like about nnedi family it only upscale and do not change colors etc, and with nnsharpen the upscales of nnedi will be better

anyway, BasicVSR++ output seems ok, but I think it model are something like 1 GB? Not to mention the requirements for Python and rgb24 only and very fast gpu preferably nvidia for less than 1 fps encode speed
__________________
See My Avisynth Stuff

Last edited by real.finder; 20th September 2022 at 19:33.
real.finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2022, 23:59   #15  |  Link
kedautinh12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
I really hope the nnedi4 and nnsharpen https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...86#post1577586 was done and tritical still do his great work which is not resources hungry as these AI upscaler, maybe his nnedi4 or even nnedi5 will beat those python toys, what I really like about nnedi family it only upscale and do not change colors etc, and with nnsharpen the upscales of nnedi will be better

anyway, BasicVSR++ output seems ok, but I think it model are something like 1 GB? Not to mention the requirements for Python and rgb24 only and very fast gpu preferably nvidia for less than 1 fps encode speed
But, link of him died and i don't know he still work or not
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2022, 19:59   #16  |  Link
Dogway
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
I really hope the nnedi4 and nnsharpen https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...86#post1577586 was done and tritical still do his great work which is not resources hungry as these AI upscaler, maybe his nnedi4 or even nnedi5 will beat those python toys, what I really like about nnedi family it only upscale and do not change colors etc, and with nnsharpen the upscales of nnedi will be better
There's RAVU (Rapid and Accurate Video Upscaling) also, it's based on RAISR (Rapid and Accurate Image Super Resolution), so it's on the fast side.
I checked and seems to be a little bit better than nnedi3, like less aliasing.
You can run it with:
Code:
libplacebo_Shader("ravu-r4.hook",width()*2,height()*2,filter="lanczos",radius=4)
Comparison (check offline with nearest scaling for comparison):

NNEDI3CL (blackman6 pixel shifted).........RAVU4
...
__________________
i7-4790K@Stock::GTX 1070] AviSynth+ filters and mods on GitHub + Discussion thread

Last edited by Dogway; 21st September 2022 at 20:29.
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2022, 00:07   #17  |  Link
real.finder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mesopotamia
Posts: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
There's RAVU (Rapid and Accurate Video Upscaling) also, it's based on RAISR (Rapid and Accurate Image Super Resolution), so it's on the fast side.
I checked and seems to be a little bit better than nnedi3, like less aliasing.
You can run it with:
Code:
libplacebo_Shader("ravu-r4.hook",width()*2,height()*2,filter="lanczos",radius=4)
Comparison (check offline with nearest scaling for comparison):

NNEDI3CL (blackman6 pixel shifted).........RAVU4
...
I note some aliasing artifacts in https://i.imgur.com/oG8IOyh.png in around the Chevrolet logo and the lights, also there are some blur/details lost in dark around Chevrolet logo, it only better in the manhole (sharper)

https://i.imgur.com/Tz4Wp9B.png win, which I think it's the nnedi3?
__________________
See My Avisynth Stuff
real.finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.