Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 30th November 2009, 15:06   #1  |  Link
scottws

MP4: no fast-forward in Xbox 360 Media Center Extender?

I have been using MeGUI to convert DVDs to x264/AAC MP4 files for quite some time now and have always been very happy with it.

I just recently got Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and set up Windows Media Center the other day and tied in my Xbox 360 to it. I've been in love with the setup and have been furiously coverting TV shows and my favorite DVDs into MP4s to use with WMC.

I was pretty high on this whole thing until two nights ago when I was watching Valkyrie and fell asleep. When I woke up, I had missed about 45 minutes of the movie. I tried to rewind it, but was not able. I tried to start it over and then fast forward but I was not able to do that either.

I am wondering if somehow my MP4 videos aren't compatible with WMC fast-forward and rewind. I use the "x264: DXVA-SD-HQ" video profile with the "Nero AAC: NDAAC-HE-MultiChannel-128kbps" audio profile. I also include an OGG format chapter file in the mux.

Is there something I should be doing differently to get this to work?

Edit: I should mention that I'm still using MeGUI 0.3.1.1056 with the most recent updates from the main update server, not 0.3.1.1057 or the newer x264 build(s).

Last edited by scottws; 30th November 2009 at 15:45. Reason: Added additional information.
scottws is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
megui, mp4, windows media center, xbox 360