Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 6th November 2015, 09:03   #681  |  Link
sfatula

I'd love to hear back once you have tried it.
Old 6th November 2015, 23:40   #682  |  Link
blublub

OK just watched a whole movie and it works like a charm. Had two little stutters but I am not sure if it was HTPC or the Samsung TV - I will check decoding stats next time but it is neglectable.

However Samsung IR 3D emitter is a pain and the glasses dropped frequently out if 3d mode.
Could be because I have an IR bud on the TV for my home automation system. I have to find out where that IR emitter is located.....
Old 7th November 2015, 00:32   #683  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Recent Samsung TVs use bluetooth to transmit the signal to the glasses, and I have never missed a single frame. The glasses continue to work even when I'm outside the room!

The stutters can be caused by the TV itself, or the hard disc, the connectivity or a glitch during the decoding. Usually, when I see that kind of problem, I go a few seconds back to replay the part that has caused the problem, and there is no glitch any more. I suspect the TV connecting to the internet to verify the updates for the Smart Hub, or things like that.
Old 7th November 2015, 03:07   #684  |  Link
blublub

The glasses lost connection every 5-10 minutes or so. Very annoyingly and u are correct it's BT what makes it even more arrange just 3m in front if the TV.
Batteries were new.. Mhhhh
Old 7th November 2015, 18:58   #685  |  Link
blublub

OT:
I used the wrong batteries cr2016 where as it should have been cr2025 :-)
Old 7th November 2015, 19:00   #686  |  Link
blublub

Whenever I try to use a DTS HD or HD MA track I get errors and conversion stops.
Why us a DTS HD / MA stream copy such a problem?
Old 7th November 2015, 20:43   #687  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have reported that problem to the authors of eac3to and DcaDec (here and here) but currently there is no good solution. As you can see, the error happens only when the DcaDec is configured with the "strict decoding" option turned on. Unfortunately, the author of DcaDec doesn't want to fix the problem, and the author of eac3to doesn't want to remove the "strict flag", so currently we're stuck. I have requested an option to turn the strict flag off with the command line of eac3to, but it will be implemented only in the next version of eac3to.

I have therefore implemented a workaround in the latest version of BD3D2MK3D (v0.77): When the DcaDec DTS decoder fails with the synchronisation error, the conversion is restarted with the Libav decoder. Libav works but it is less good (because it decodes only the lossy DTS core), so I've kept DcaDec by default. I have also been able to verify that a lot of DTS HD or MA tracks can be decoded correctly by DcaDec with the strict flag (but I agree that the problems are frequent too). AFAIK, the Libav workaround works when it should, but I've implemented it ONLY when the error reported by DcaDec is the synchronisation error. If you encounter often another error and the conversion is not restarted automatically, please post here the part of the log with the error message. I may have to trap other errors as well.

Note that the workaround is not automatic when you convert manually the DTSHD/MA track with Convert Audio from the Tools menu. In that case, if the error happens, you have to manually select the Libav option and restart the conversion.

Last edited by r0lZ; 7th November 2015 at 20:52.
Old 7th November 2015, 23:08   #688  |  Link
blublub

Uhh I see, a more complicated matter. Thx for filling me in
Old 13th November 2015, 15:09   #689  |  Link
mini-moose

attachments

Is there any importance to the Attachments on the mux process?

Code:
--attachment-mime-type
text/plain
--attachment-name
__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs
--attach-file
__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs

--attachment-mime-type
text/x-msdos-batch
--attachment-name
__ENCODE_3D.cmd
--attach-file
__ENCODE_3D.cmd

--attachment-mime-type
application/zip
--attachment-name
3D-Planes.zip
--attach-file
3D-Planes.zip
and another question: the program pack comes with TSMuxer 2.6.9, which is slightly older than the last version availble (2.6.12). Any specific reason for it (like a bug in the latest one)?

Last edited by mini-moose; 13th November 2015 at 15:20. Reason: add
Old 13th November 2015, 18:17   #690  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The 3 attachments listed above are not really necessary. They are added just to document the process, and keep track of the encoding parameters. You can remove them if you wish. (Note that if you define some cover art images in tab 4, they are also added as attachments. And, if you have requested to convert at least one subtitle track to 3D, a zipped archive with the 3D-planes is also attached, so that it will be easy to convert a new subtitle stream to 3D if necessary.) Anyway, all these files are very light, so IMO it is worth keeping them.

And yes, the development of tsMuxeR has stopped (again) and I have included the latest version that works correctly. If you go to Help -> tsMuxeR Version, you'll see this:
Quote:
---------------------------
BD3D2MK3D
Network Optix tsMuxeR. Version 2.6.9. www.networkoptix.com

WARNING: Do NOT use v2.6.11 or v2.6.12 as they have a big bug with the time codes of the subtitle streams of some BDs. The last known good version is v2.6.9.

Visit home page?
Yes No
I don't think that v2.6.10 has been released officially, so you should stick with v2.6.9. Anyway, the improvements in the two last versions are related to the muxing process only. Nothing has changed for the demux, except the new subtitles timecodes bug.

Last edited by r0lZ; 13th November 2015 at 18:22.
Old 13th November 2015, 21:07   #691  |  Link
Nico8583

Just because I'm curious : what do you use to read Full SBS or Full OU ? A software player ? A hardware player ? A 1080p Full HD ? A 4K TV ?
Thank you !
Old 13th November 2015, 22:31   #692  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I encode always in Half-SBS, because my Samsung TV doesn't support Full-SBS, and I'm not rich enough to buy a new 4K TV. When I need to do tests in Full-SBS, I use PotPlayer on my PC, but I don't like to watch full movies with my PC.
I'm tired of hardware multimedia players. They are always too limited, and obsolete very rapidly. The last one I bought doesn't play 3D well.
I suppose that a good solution would be to buy a mini PC and install Linux + XBMC/Kodi. Maybe it's something I'll do soon, but I'm still not sure they are powerful enough...
Anyone has a good experience of a cheap but good solution to play Full 3D?
Old 13th November 2015, 23:13   #693  |  Link
mini-moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
The 3 attachments listed above are not really necessary.
And yes, the development of tsMuxeR has stopped (again) and I have included the latest version that works correctly.
As always, thanks for the info, r0lZ!

Was just curious if attachments have any relevance for the playback or not. Assumed not but can't hurt making sure
Old 15th November 2015, 11:53   #694  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blublub View Post
Whenever I try to use a DTS HD or HD MA track I get errors and conversion stops.
Why us a DTS HD / MA stream copy such a problem?
The problem should be fixed in the new version (v0.78).
Old 15th November 2015, 12:23   #695  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.78 released

Quote:
v0.78 (November 15, 2015)
- Due to problems with the DcaDec DTS decoder, the support for the ArcSoft DTS decoder has been added back. (It has been removed in v0.70.)
- Added the Settings -> Preferred DTS Decoder menu to select the ArcSoft, DcaDec or LibAv DTS decoder.
- Small cosmetic changes
- Fix: The message displayed by the [?] button next to the Convert to AC3 or AAC option in tab 2 was truncated.
- Updated eac3to to the latest version (v3.31) - The DTS decoding problems with DcaDec should be fixed.
- Updated MkvMerge, MkvPropEdit and MkvInfo to the latest version (v8.5.2)
- Due to problems in the latest versions of the Intel MVC decoder, libmfxsw32.dll has NOT been and should not be updated, and is still v6.14.11.28 (28-11-2014).
I have tried to implement a workaround for the problems of the DTS-HD and DTS-HD-MA decoding with eac3to and the new DcaDec DTS decoder (explained in this post). The workaround is simply to implement a new option (available via the Settings -> Preferred DTS Decoder menu) to allow the user to select his preferred DTS decoder, instead of forcing DcaDec by default. It is now possible to select the commercial ArcSoft DTS decoder (but only if it is properly installed on your system), the free DcaDec that caused the problems, or the simple but relatively inefficient LibAv decoder. (See the Help item in the Settings menu for more info about the advantages and disadvantage of these decoders.)

But soon after I did that modifications in the code, a new version of eac3to has been released. It includes the latest version of the DcaDec decoder, and that version can now distinguish between a fatal error or a simple warning. Therefore, the small discrepancies in the DTS-HD or DTS-HD-MA streams that caused the previous version of eac3to to fail often are now simply logged in red in the BD3D2MK3D console, but the conversion continues without problem. It should therefore be safe to use the DcaDec DTS decoder by default now. However, I have decided to leave the option to select the preferred DTS decoder, because DcaDec is still a very young decoder, and it may have other bugs. You may also prefer the ArcSoft decoder, if you have it. However, if you don't have the ArcSoft decoder, I recommend to use the DcaDec decoder, at least to decode DTS-HD and DTS-HD-MA audio tracks. (The LibAv decoder should give good results with the standard 5.1 DTS tracks.)

For your information, I have also tried to update the Intel MVC decoder (libmfxsw32.dll) to the latest version (v6.15.6.2), but unfortunately it has a big bug. Some movies cannot be decoded at all, and the decoder outputs only pure black frames! (It's the case, notably, with the US BD3D of Creature from the Black Lagoon.) Therefore, I have tried to replace the DLL with the penultimate version (v6.15.3.12) and that one doesn't output black frames, but it produces strange stuttering in some scenes. I'm not totally sure it's a bug, but the latest version distributed with BD3D2MK3D (v6.14.11.28) works without problem. Therefore, I don't recommend to update yourself the Intel library, unless you want to check yourself if it works for you. (That may be useful if you need to update the drivers for your Intel processor and v6.14.11.28 is not compatible with your hardware.) If someone has good results with the latest versions in hardware mode, please let me know. (If you need a sample, you can download this short extract from Creature from the Black Lagoon.)

The MkvToolnix exes have also been updated. AFAIK, they do not cause problems! ;-)

As usual, you can download the update here: BD3D2MK3D.7z

Last edited by r0lZ; 15th November 2015 at 12:29.
Old 15th November 2015, 12:42   #696  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
...It should therefore be safe to use the DcaDec DTS decoder by default now. However, I have decided to leave the option to select the preferred DTS decoder, because DcaDec is still a very young decoder, and it may have other bugs...
Thanks r0lZ!

I hope than this new version solve the problems detected.

BTW, I encourage the users to use DcaDec to help developers, providing samples, if a new problem is detected.
Old 3rd December 2015, 10:10   #697  |  Link
tomilein

Problem with Hardcoded

Hello,

i have a big Problem with Hardcoded Subtitle in my 3d Movies.

I have the Subtitle only in the Left Side but not in the Right Side.(SBS).

Would like to have correct on Right and Left.

My Movie Encode:

Another Movie Encode [not from me]:

Subtitle is available in 3D before i encode this Movie.
I do not know if I need to add what in the Avisynthscript?

Here the generated Avisynthscript:

Code:
# Avisynth script generated Tue Dec 01 05:26:56 CET 2015 by BD3D2MK3D v0.78
# to convert "G:\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00100.mpls"
# (referencing the M2TS/SSIF files 00049)
# to 3D Side-by-Side.
# Hardcoded subtitles from file "00100.track_4614.Deu.3D.sup".
# Movie title: test
#
# Source MPLS information:
# MPLS file: 00100.mpls
# Video   :  Und  AVC, 1080p, 23.976 fps, left-eye
# Video   :  Und  MVC, 1080p, 23.976 fps, right-eye (32 3D-Planes)
# Audio   :  Eng  DTS-HD-Master, Multi-channel, 48 Khz
# Audio   :  Deu  DTS-HD-Master, Multi-channel, 48 Khz
# Audio   :  Spa  AC3, Multi-channel, 48 Khz
# Subtitle:  Eng  PGS, 3D-plane: 1
# Subtitle:  Deu  PGS, 3D-plane: 1
# Subtitle:  Spa  PGS, 3D-plane: 2
# Subtitle:  Hrv  PGS, 3D-plane: 2
# Subtitle:  Ell  PGS, 3D-plane: 2
# Subtitle:  Tur  PGS, 3D-plane: 2
# Subtitle:  Deu  PGS, 3D-plane: 1
# Subtitle:  Spa  PGS, 3D-plane: 2

LoadPlugin("D:\#Backup#\DVD\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\DGMVCDecode.dll")
#LoadPlugin("D:\#Backup#\DVD\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\FRIMSource.dll")
#LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\BDtoAVCHD\MVCSource.dll")

#LoadPlugin("D:\#Backup#\DVD\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\VSFilter.dll")
LoadPlugin("D:\#Backup#\DVD\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\SupTitle.dll")

# Load the two video streams (130771 frames per stream)
interleaved = DGMVCSource("00100.track_4113.264", "00100.track_4114.mvc", view = 0, frames = 130771, hw = 0)
#interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", "00100.track_4113.264", "00100.track_4114.mvc", num_frames = 130771, cache = 2, platform = "")
#interleaved = MVCsource("00100.track_4113.264", "00100.track_4114.mvc", 130771, 2)
# Current base view: left eye.
# The views are in the common order: AVC stream = left view, MVC stream = right view.
left  = SelectEven(interleaved)
right = SelectOdd(interleaved)

# Build Side-by-Side stream
StackHorizontal(Left, Right)
AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")

# Hardcode subtitles
#VobSub("00100.track_4614.Deu.3D.sub")
SupTitle("00100.track_4614.Deu.3D.sup")

# Resize to 720p
BicubicResize(1280, 720)

# Return the 3D clip.
Return(last)#.Info()

and here the __ENCODE_3D.cmd

Code:
@echo off
set path=D:\#Backup#\DVD\BD3D2MK3D\toolset;%path%
echo Encoding __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs
echo Movie: test
echo Encoding started %date% %time%
@echo on

"D:\#Backup#\DVD\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\avs2yuv.exe" ^
  "__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs" -frames 130771 -o - ^
  | "D:\#Backup#\DVD\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\x264_x64.exe" ^
  --crf 20 --preset medium --tune Film ^
  --bluray-compat --profile high --level 4.1 --open-gop --keyint 24 --slices 4 ^
  --colormatrix bt709 --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --b-pyramid strict ^
  --vbv-bufsize 30000 --vbv-maxrate 40000 --aud ^
  --sar 1:1 ^
  --frame-packing 3 --qpfile chapters_3D.qpfile --frames 130771 --fps 24000/1001 ^
  --output "00100_3D.264" --demuxer y4m --stdin y4m - ^
  2>&1 | "D:\#Backup#\DVD\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\tee.exe" ENCODE_3D.log
@echo off
echo Encoding finished %date% %time%

REM Optionnaly mux the video and demuxed streams to MKV.
REM Note: The mux is disabled if no streams are demuxed.
if exist "__MUX_3D.cmd" cmd /c "__MUX_3D.cmd"

REM Everything done: do the post-processing (Shutdown computer...)
if exist "__POSTPROCESS_3D.cmd" cmd /c "__POSTPROCESS_3D.cmd"
exit /B

What am I doing wrong?
Old 12th December 2015, 11:52   #698  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.79

This release includes notably the possibility to encode the movie with low CPU priority. It's handy if you want to keep some CPU power to do other tasks while the encoding is in progress. However, do not launch CPU intensive tasks during an encoding in low priority mode, because x264 may stop almost completely. The effect is that the estimated time remaining becomes completely wrong, and, more importantly, that x264 may fail completely. To launch the encoding in low CPU priority mode, just launch __ENCODE_3D_LOW_PRIORITY.cmd instead of __ENCODE_3D.cmd. Of course, it is still possible to change the priority of the x264 task with the Windows Task Manager.

There are also some little enhancements and bug fixes:
Quote:
v0.79 (December 12, 2015)
- When a stereo DTS or LPCM audio track is converted to AC3 (due to the option in tab 2), the bitrate is now 256 Kbps instead of 640.
- Tools -> Chapters File Converter: Added the possibility to grab the chapter names from the clipboard (one line per chapter)
- Two new batch files are now created, allowing you to launch the 3D or 2D encodings with low CPU priority.
- When the option to "exit and encode after successful demux" is ticked, the encoding is now launched with the low task priority.
- Fix: The character encoding was wrong in the *.cmd files, leading to problems when there were aforeign characters in the file or movie names.
- Fix: The Paste (Control-V) operation in the entry and combo widgets did not work correctly when a part of the existing string was selected.
- Fix: Error when converting subtitles to 3D with the option to search for valid depth values in other 3D-Planes and the OFS files are not in the source folder.
- Updated MkvMerge, MkvPropEdit and MkvInfo to the latest version (v8.6.1)
Enjoy!
Download BD3D2MK3D.7z
Old 14th December 2015, 13:18   #699  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomilein View Post
Subtitle is available in 3D before i encode this Movie.
I do not know if I need to add what in the Avisynthscript?
How is it possible that your post, dated 3rd December, appears only now (14th December)? It was not there when I wrote my previous post about BD3D2MK3D v0.79! Anyway, it's not the question.

If I understand correctly, the 3D subtitle is already present in the original BD? That's really strange. Anyway, if the subtitle has already the right format (3D Half-SBS 1080p), then you don't need to convert it again to 3D. You should replace the file name of the subtitle string in the avisynth script with the original version of the 3D subtitle (or the version with the "2D" extension if you are sure that it is really in 3D). The subtitle shown in the BDSup2Sub image should be OK, but I don't know its file name. So, you should have something like this:
Code:
SupTitle("00100.track_4614.Deu.2D.sup")
But I don't understand what you did in the first place, because if BD3D2MK3D has converted the original subtitle to 3D and that subtitle was already in 3D, it should contain 4 times the same subtitles instead of 2 times, and you should see two subtitles at the same time in the two views. But you explain that you "have the Subtitle only in the Left Side but not in the Right Side". That's very bizarre, and therefore I can't guarantee that the change of the filename explained above works as expected.

Note also that if the original subtitle is already in 3D, it has probably not the right depths computed from the 3D-Planes of the BD, and the subtitles may be a pain to read. If you want to be sure to have good results, you should convert yourself a 2D version of the subtitles to 3D with BD3D2MK3D, using a correct 3D-Plane.

Anyway, I'm curious. Can you confirm that the 3D subtitle you are using has been downloaded from the internet? I suppose so. Right?

Also, can you confirm that you have really encoded the movie from the 3D BD with BD3D2MK3D? It seems that the final SBS picture has not the correct 16:9 aspect ratio. The horizontal black borders have been cropped. BD3D2MK3D doesn't allow you to do that stupid thing, because ALL 3D movies MUST be encoded in 16:9. Also, the original movie seems to contain already hardcoded English subtitles. That's very strange too. I have never seen a commercial 3DBD with hardcoded subtitles.

So, if your movie comes from the internet and has not been encoded with BD3D2MK3D, I can't guarantee that the result will be correct, and anyway the D9 rules prohibit to help you for illegally downloaded material. So, sorry, but you will have to find the way to hardcode your 3D subtitles yourself.
Old 14th December 2015, 13:45   #700  |  Link
Nico8583

Quote:
How is it possible that your post, dated 3rd December, appears only now (14th December)? It was not there when I wrote my previous post about BD3D2MK3D v0.79! Anyway, it's not the question.
Yes same issue for me
Closed Thread