Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 26th February 2023, 23:49   #1  |  Link
Zuixiongmao

Using BD-Rebuilder with Wine

As a Linux enthusiast who decided to leave Windows behind years ago, I've had mixed experiences with using BD Rebuilder on that OS, and found no real helpful information anywhere.
However, I was able to figure things out for myself in the end, and as I've been successful in using BD-Rebuilder oon 3 different computers, I'm leaving these instructions for those who need them :
- copy the BD Rebuilder folder where wine can use it (for most, it's ~/.wiine/drive_c)
- Download LAVFilter 0.65 from the links in the instructions, or from github if the site is down)
- Download AVISynth
- From a terminal, navigate to your download folder and install LAVFilters and AVISynth (wine ./LAVFilters-0.65.exe, and wine ./Avisynth_260.exe)
- If you haven't installed winetricks already, now's a good time. Then it's winetricks vb6run
- Navigate to the BD_Rebuilder folder
- type wine cmd. You're now in Windows CLI mode. Type reg_mscomctl.bat
- Type bdrb to see if everything works. BDRebuilder should start, and ask you if it can alter registry to finish configuration. This won't work as BDRB doesn't notice that Wine operates in admin mode by default. I hope it can safely be ignored, I haven't experienced out of sync audio so far. A way around this is setting Windows as XP for BDRB using winecfg.
- get out of cmd by typing exit.

You can now make an entry in your menu using your usual menu editor (alacarte for Gnome), and use BD Rebuider. The only thing I wasn't able to get working is the progress bar while reencoding, but if you start BDRB from a terminal, you'll be able to see your progress.
Zuixiongmao is offline   Reply With Quote