Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 13th August 2023, 20:44   #1  |  Link
stranno

FFMPEG metadata questions

Hi guys. I have three questions regarding the FFMPEG metadata handling.

First, -disposition default does not seem to work in MP4 files whatsoever. Forced works fine, but Default does not. Something like -disposition:s:1 default does nothing. Flag does not appear in MPC-HC.

Second, I would like to know if there's any way to convert from MKV to MP4 preserving the title of the tracks. I guess it is because MP4 does not use titles, but handler_names instead (as a workaround), so every time I convert from MKV to MP4, I get the annoying SoundHandler string. Is there a way to take the string from the Title and copy it into the handler_name while copying the metadata, without relying into external tools (like a Python script using FFProbe)?

Third, is there any way to reorder tracks with the same ISO 639 code, without using the ID of the track? I mean using 0:a:m:language:eng instead of 0:a:0. My issue is that I download some shows from here and there and, for some reason, all audio tracks are permuted in each episode, so the only quick way to reorder them is to use the language, instead of the ID. But it doesn't work for, for example, English and English Audio-Description, since, of course, both have the same ISO code (eng). It is a gigantic pain in the ass. Any idea for this matter?

Thank you.
stranno is offline   Reply With Quote