Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th January 2023, 13:29   #1  |  Link
nil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 5
Audio encode failed: faac.exe command-line options

Hi. Long-time listener, first time caller here.

I've been using BD Rebuilder for years - it's a wonderful tool - but it has recently broken for me. I normally use movie-only/alternate output mode, reencoding the audio to AAC, and at some point in the last few weeks, every job has started failing with "ERROR in attempt to reencode audio".

Didn't appear to be any of the usual causes (e.g. low disk space), so I've done some digging and I've found it fails at the stage where BD Rebuilder creates and runs audio1.bat, which contains the following:

"D:\Program Files (x86)\BD_Rebuilder\tools\wavi.exe" "C:\VIDEO\BD REBUILDER\WORKFILES\AUD_00011_4352.AVS" - | "D:\Program Files (x86)\BD_Rebuilder\tools\faac.exe" - -br 384000 -o "C:\VIDEO\BD REBUILDER\WORKFILES\AUD_00011_4352.AAC"

When I run this manually, it fails with "Error: Could not write to the standard output". Splitting into the two halves (going via a temporary file instead of the pipe), the first half runs fine, but faac.exe is failing:

"D:\Program Files (x86)\BD_Rebuilder\tools\faac.exe" tmp.wav -br 384000 -o "C:\VIDEO\BD REBUILDER\WORKFILES\AUD_00011_4352.AAC"
Freeware Advanced Audio Coder
FAAC 1.28
Cannot encode several input files to one output file.


The cause of this seems to be the -br 384000 option on the command line. It appears this is incorrect; changing it to -b 384 fixes things.

So as far as I can see, BD Rebuilder is spitting out the wrong command line in audio1.bat, but I'm completely baffled, and I hesitate to post this in the bug reporting thread, because until a few weeks ago this used to work. faac.exe hasn't changed, I'm running the version that comes with BD Rebuilder. I've tried older versions of BD Rebuilder; same result.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.


For reference:

Log output:
[01/11/23] BD Rebuilder v0.61.28
[11:45:45] Source: TEST_00011
- Input BD size: 25.00 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:30:00.000]
- Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
- MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- Mode: BD normal: 5.1/3Mbps
- Quality: Highest (Very Slow)
- Decoding/Frame serving: X264/LAVF
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
- Resuming from previously started job.
[11:45:46] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [11:45:46] Processing: VID_00011 (1 of 1)
- [11:45:46] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Reencoding audio to AAC...
- ERROR in attempt to reencode audio.
[11:45:48] - Failed to reencode audio, aborted



Encoding profile:
[00002]
caption=BD normal: 5.1/3Mbps
vBitrate=3000
aBitrate=384
aType=1
vFormat=7
cType=1
nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.