Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th November 2022, 18:52   #1  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

SOLVED: Web Page Monitor

I've been looking for some kind of app to monitor for changes in a web page (full web page not just an item of text on it), and to do it locally and ideally on-demand.
Most things I've found require some kind of web site to monitor changes <and send/email alerts>, although there did seem to be plenty of stuff using Python or similar. I want just a simple click type thingy without needing to learn some sneaky snakey language.

Best I've found was a browser extension for Chrome (which I had to install), I would prefer FireFox extension over Chrome, although I guess I can keep separate in chrome instance and not let it have access to passwords or accounts or whatever in FireFox.

Anyways, the Chrome Extension I've found is called "Page Monitor":- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrP_e_pjd9U

Anybody use something similar that is insanely good ?

HERE:- thread on some good FireFox Addons:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=177066

EDIT: from Page Monitor Pro (not the original Page Monitor)
Quote:
Overview
Stays in the background and monitors web pages for changes.

With the free Pagemonitor Pro you can monitor any website content changes, like price monitor on shops or any other element on websites.

Page Monitor Pro is an open source fork of the original open source Page Monitor, which is now available under MIT License. We removed any tracking code and bloat by visualping and keep this extension maintained and under development. Page Monitor Pro is a free monitoring and website change detector to send you website change alerts.
Above is for an alternative Chrome Extension (Page Monitor Pro) which is forked from the original Page Monitor, judging by the above quote, I think I'm gonna switch to that one.
Page Monitor Pro:- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...mlalbakp?hl=en

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 26th November 2022 at 21:11.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compare, search, web