Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 13th April 2015, 08:40   #321  |  Link
Thalyn

@De_Hollander: Looks like the same basic issue Youli mentioned on the previous page, for the same reason. Good news is R0lZ already posted the cause and solution:
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Hum, the problem of the color change is strange. I have never seen that. When the original SUP is converted to VobSub (IDX/SUB), relatively small differences in the colors are normal, because the VobSub format can only use 4 colors within a fixed palette of 16 colors. But when the subtitles are converted to BD SUP or XML/PNG, there should be no color differences.
Quote:
So, to solve the problem, select Settings -> Hardcode Subtitle Method -> BD SUP (.SUP) using SupTitle. Read the warning, and if necessary, install the latest version of .NET. (Note that .NET v4+ is installed by default in Windows 8. It's only if you use Vista or Win7 that you may have to install the latest .NET manually.)
You can see in the screenshots you've posted that it's in SUB/IDX mode and limited to 4 colours, rather than being in SUP (BD) which would be full precision.

@Nico8583:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico8583 View Post
So I have checked BatB and TLK and I have no problem. For BatB, wolves attack is OK until the end, for TLK I can see ending credits, so I think it's a hardware decoding or AviSynth problem...
Could have been something stupid on my end as well. At least it's either isolated or easily worked around, so it's not really a big deal - just a possibility to be aware of.

Last edited by Thalyn; 13th April 2015 at 08:42.
Old 13th April 2015, 09:20   #322  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Goedendag De_Hollander!

It's not really a bug. And anyway, it's a problem of BDSup2Sub, not of BD3D2MK3D. And I have already replied to a similar question here.

The problem is that the subtitles in IDX/SUB format (aka VobSub or DVD format) use only 3 colours (plus a 4th colour, usually fully transparent) chosen in a palette of 16 colours. For whatever reason, BDSup2Sub uses always the same fixed palette of 16 colours, and it selects the 4 "best" colours from that palette. Often, some of these colours are not perfect, simply because there is no colour in the palette that matches the colour to emulate. (There is a similar problem with the transparency values, not as visible, but present too.) I agree that it doesn't do a good job here, but I'm not the author of BDSup2Sub.

IMO, that problem can be eliminated (at least partially) by generating a new palette based on the colours really necessary, instead of imposing a fixed palette for all conversions. But that's something that BD3D2MK3D can't do, and currently, as far as I know, it's not possible with BDSup2Sub, at least automatically. If you want that feature, try to contact the author of BDSup2Sub.

The best solution is to use the BD3D2MK3D option to convert the subtitles to BD SUP format instead of IDX/SUB. That format has no colours and transparency restrictions and therefore it can use all colours exactly as they are in the original stream. The price to pay is a less good compatibility with some players.

Another solution is to re-convert the original SUP file to 2D or 3D XML/PNG manually (or use the temp folder with the 2D XML/PNG files as the starting point), and then convert the XML/PNG to VobSub with BDSup2Sub's GUI. You can then use Edit -> Edit Default DVD Palette to change the 16-colours palette to define more suitable colours for your subtitle stream. (Do not use Edit DVD Frame Palette, as that works only for the current subtitle.)

I know that it is possible to save the default palette, but I have never found how to force BDSup2Sub to use a previously saved palette by default. Anyway, even if you create manually the "perfect palette" for a specific stream, there is no guarantee that it will be suitable for other streams.

I will try to find a solution based on the saved palette. But it's without guarantee...

[EDIT] I have not noticed the post by Thalyn before posting my reply, but he has given the solution too. Thanks Thalyn!

Last edited by r0lZ; 13th April 2015 at 09:27. Reason: Thalyn's post
Old 13th April 2015, 09:26   #323  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalyn View Post
Could have been something stupid on my end as well. At least it's either isolated or easily worked around, so it's not really a big deal - just a possibility to be aware of.
Please keep us informed, and if the problem occurs again, try to describe exactly what you did. Thanks in advance!

(Of course, if you use only FRIMSource now and DGMVCDecode is really the culprit, the problem will probably never occur any more, but who knows?)

I'm also interested in results of speed tests, although I don't think that FRIMSource can be really faster than DGMVCSource.
Old 13th April 2015, 15:44   #324  |  Link
De_Hollander

oke this is not working , in BD3D2MK3D>tools>convert subtitels to 3D (with 3D plane)
open the original sup check xml/png
then make the setting for the output.

en go

when it's finnish open BDSup2Sub_v5.1.2.jar go to the output where you have the xml/png
Then to the temp map *exp.3D_2D
Open it, set the output from BDSup2Sub_v5.1.2.jar to sub/idx

the problem i dont get 3d subs

Also not working:

in BD3D2MK3D>tools>convert subtitels to 3D (with 3D plane)
open the original sup check xml/png
then make the setting for the output.

en go

when it's finnish open BDSup2Sub_v5.1.2.jar go to the output where you have the xml/png
and open xml/png
the sub have the wrong color shadow in the preview to sub/idx

Last edited by De_Hollander; 13th April 2015 at 16:32.
Old 13th April 2015, 17:00   #325  |  Link
De_Hollander

when i open the 3d sup in bdsup2sub i can Edit DVD Frame Palette chose a better color black for the shadow en puss the button set all
all the subs have the colors

Last edited by De_Hollander; 13th April 2015 at 17:03.
Old 13th April 2015, 17:25   #326  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Oh, yes, I forgot to explain that you must convert the 2D XML to 3D XML. Not to 3D IDX/SUB!

So, IMO, the best procedure to select the colours manually is this:
  1. Let BD3D2MK3D do its job. It will create the temp 2D XML/PNG, with the right depth values already included in the XML. (It will also create the IDX/SUB that you will overwrite during the last step of this mini guide.)
  2. Load that temp 2D XML in Tools -> Convert subtitles to 3D (with 3D-Planes).
  3. Select an output 3D file in XML/PNG format. (Be sure to save in a new directory!)
  4. It is not necessary to select a 3D-Plane (unless you want to try another 3D-plane), because the 3D depth info is already in the input XML.
  5. Convert to 3D. The 3D XML/PNG is created.
  6. Up to that point, the subtitles have never been converted to IDX/SUB, so the 3D XML that you have just created has still the correct colours. Convert it manually to IDX/SUB with BDSub2Sub. It's in this operation that you have to modify the palette with Edit Default DVD Palette.
That's all.

Your method of changing the palette of the final IDX/SUB works too and is even simpler and faster, but it will give slightly less good results, because BDSup2Sub has used the original 16 colours palette to convert it to IDX/SUB the first time, and it has computed the best antialiasing possible with the 3 colours it has used. If you change those 3 colours later, the antialiasing may not be optimal. But anyway, usually it's not really visible, and there is no need to be very picky for the subtitles. After all, it's not the movie itself! So, use the method you prefer. And thanks for having posted your solution!
Old 13th April 2015, 19:24   #327  |  Link
De_Hollander

oke thanks
is there an option to encode the 3d movie to half-ou with settings for bitrate?
How can i now what the rusults are. File size and bitrate?

Last edited by De_Hollander; 13th April 2015 at 19:46.
Old 13th April 2015, 19:56   #328  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hum, I don't think so. When you convert a SUP to 3D sup, the colours are never reduced to the 16-colours palette, and therefore the original colours are respected. I convert all my BDs with 3D sup, and I have never had any problem with the colours or transparencies.

You have to convert manually only when you need the output file in IDX/SUB (VobSub) format.

You can verify all steps of the conversion to 3D:
  1. The original SUP is converted to XML/PNG with BDSup2Sub: the colours are not modified.
  2. BD3D2MK3D adds the depth tags to the XML. The colours are of course not modified.
  3. The PNG files are converted to 3D with ImageMagick. The colours are respected (but the images are resized to half resolution, and that may mean some quality loss).
  4. The XML of the 2D stream is modified and saved for the 3D PNGs. Of course, the colours are not modified.
  5. Finally, the 3D XML/PNG stream is converted to the output format by BDSup2Sub. The colours are respected if the output format is BD SUP, but are reduced to 3 colours if the output format is VobSub.
In the second case of the last step ONLY the colours are not respected by BDSup2Sub, and you have to convert manually to use a better palette.

Try a full BD conversion again, and be sure to select the VobSub output format in tab 2 (or, better, select "both") and you will see that the colours are correct in the 3D SUP file (but not in the XML/SUB if you have selected "both").
Old 14th April 2015, 01:48   #329  |  Link
brochild

I cannot get the correct subtitle - need help

I am trying to find the right words to thank you for this wonderful program.
I have looked all over the internet for solutions, including makemkv, dvdfab, and others to rip my 3D blue-rays.
I finally stumbled into this thread quite by accident.
So far this program is head and shoulders above all of them, for that I thank you again.
I have used 2blue-rays so far to test:
47 Ronin, and Captain America the Winter Soldier with great success.
However, both gave me the same 2d subtitle with a strange name 00800.track_4610.Fra.2d.idx for 47 Ronin and 00800.track_4610.Spa.2d.idx
I used PowerDVD14 to preview the mkv file.
If I take the same MKV file to create an ISO blue-ray image, I get all my sub titles correctly.

Please help - not sure what to do to resolve this.
When I looked at the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file, for both Blue-rays, the file content looks correct.
SO what am I doing wrong?
I have tarred all of the log files, and hoping somebody smarter than I am can figure it out for me.
Please help, I'm almost there.
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: rar 47_Ronin_3D_Logs.rar (6.6 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by brochild; 14th April 2015 at 02:09.
Old 14th April 2015, 02:08   #330  |  Link
brochild

PS
In both cases, I cannot see where the 00800.track_4610.Fra.2d.idx and the 00800.track_4610.Spa.2d.idx files are being called from.
Is it also coincidental the they are both track_4610?
Old 14th April 2015, 08:31   #331  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

You haven't explained what the problem is. You can't see the subtitles at all? Are they in 2D ("sticking on the surface of the screen")? Or something else? Anyway, here is a theoretical explanation of the subtitles formats used on the 3D BDs and in the MKV files created by BD3D2MK3D.

BD3D2MK3D can create two kinds of subtitles: 2D and 3D, in two formats: VobSub (aka IDX/SUB, the DVD format) and BD SUP (aka PGS, the blu-ray format). The original subtitles (on the BD) are always in 2D and in BD SUP format. They are converted to 3D by the blu-ray player in real time, with the help of the "3D-planes", that BD3D2MK3D uses to convert the 2D subtitles to 3D. (Some 2D BDs have also subtitles streams in text format, but it's never the case of the 3D BDs.)

The original subtitles are demuxed by tsMuxeR from the BD and saved under that strange names like "00800.track_4610.Spa.sup". The name is constructed from the number of the playlist containing the movie (here 00800.mpls) followed by .track_ and the internal ID of the track (the same number that you can see in tab 2 of BD3D2MK3D), followed by the language code (tree letters, here Spa for Spain) and the file extension (always .sup for the BD SUP format). So, the name can look strange, but it is very logical. Note that the original subtitles have no 2D or 3D extensions. Anyway, you should never need these files, and you can delete the entire BD3D2MK3D project when you have saved the final MKV somewhere.

BD3D2MK3D converts the demuxed subtitles to whatever you want. In tab 2, you can select the subtitle types to include in the MKV: 2D, 3D or both. You can also specify if you want them in VobSub (IDX/SUB) or BD PGS (SUP) format, or both. BD3D2MK3D adds the "2D" or "3D" string to the file name according to the type of conversion, and the SUP extension is kept for the BD SUP format. If you have selected the VobSub format, two files are produced: a small IDX file containing information about the subtitles (such as the colours and timings), and a larger SUB file with the actual subtitle images. So, for example, 00800.track_4610.Fra.2d.idx (and 00800.track_4610.Fra.2d.sub) is the french subtitle stream converted to 2D in VobSub format.

The "best" subtitle type and format for you depend of your player and the way you play the video. It is recommended to mux the 3D subtitles anyway, because they have the right "depth" in the scene. However, very few players can display the 3D subtitles correctly. Many players consider them as 2D subtitles, and you may see them twice. That players can display the 2D subtitles without problem, but they are usually displayed "on the surface of the screen" because the player has no way to know at what depth they must be placed. (The 3D-planes are lost after a conversion to SBS or T&B.)

Similarly, the choice of the IDX/SUB or BD SUP format depends of the capabilities of your player. The BD SUP format is much better that the IDX/SUB format, because it can use 16 millions of different colours and 256 levels of transparency, but unfortunately many players are unable to display that format. If your player can't display the BD SUP format, you have to use the IDX/SUB format, limited to 4 colours. (For that reason, the colours are not always correct. See the discussion above.) That format is supported by more players but not all.

If your player doesn't support the BD SUP and IDX/SUP formats, or if you want the subtitles with the correct depth and it doesn't show the 3D subtitles correctly, you have to hardcode (or "burn-in") the subtitles on the video (with the option in the last tab). The drawback is that you can't turn them off, but you will be sure that they are always correctly displayed, regardless of the player you use.

So, to summarize, you have to experiment and select the correct format and type according to your player. PowerDVD should be able to display the two formats (BD SUP and IDX/SUB) without problem, but I don't think it can display the 3D subtitles correctly. You can however probably use PDVD to stream the output with the 3D subtitles to your TV. In that case, the 3D subtitles may be shown correctly by the TV. But if you watch the movie on your PC, it is probably better to use the 2D subtitles. And if nothing works well, you will have to hardcode the subtitles.

So, I suggest to configure BD3D2MK3D in tab 2 to save all possible types and formats. Select "3D then 2D" (or "2D then 3D") for the subtitles types, and "both" for the stream format. Each input stream will be converted to 4 different streams, but you will be able to select the best one with the subtitle selection menu of your player.

Note also that some old (and bad) players need sometimes the subtitles "outside of the container". That players are unable to use the subtitles embedded within the MKV file. As far as I know, it is only necessary to keep the subtitle streams in SRT (text) format outside the MKV file, but that format is not suitable at all for 3D movies, and therefore it is never used on blu-ray discs. BD3D2MK3D can't create them from scratch (but it is often possible to find them on the internet.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 14th April 2015 at 08:38.
Old 14th April 2015, 08:34   #332  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brochild View Post
PS
In both cases, I cannot see where the 00800.track_4610.Fra.2d.idx and the 00800.track_4610.Spa.2d.idx files are being called from.
Is it also coincidental the they are both track_4610?
That files are not "called". They are included in the final MKV, and after it has been created, they are not necessary any more. Yoy can delete them if you wish. As explained above, your player should be able to play the subtitles contained in the MKV file. If it can't, use a better player!
Old 14th April 2015, 11:40   #333  |  Link
De_Hollander

Quote:
Hum, I don't think so. When you convert a SUP to 3D sup, the colours are never reduced to the 16-colours palette, and therefore the original colours are respected. I convert all my BDs with 3D sup, and I have never had any problem with the colours or transparencies.

You have to convert manually only when you need the output file in IDX/SUB (VobSub) format.

You can verify all steps of the conversion to 3D:
  1. The original SUP is converted to XML/PNG with BDSup2Sub: the colours are not modified.
  2. BD3D2MK3D adds the depth tags to the XML. The colours are of course not modified.
  3. The PNG files are converted to 3D with ImageMagick. The colours are respected (but the images are resized to half resolution, and that may mean some quality loss).
  4. The XML of the 2D stream is modified and saved for the 3D PNGs. Of course, the colours are not modified.
  5. Finally, the 3D XML/PNG stream is converted to the output format by BDSup2Sub. The colours are respected if the output format is BD SUP, but are reduced to 3 colours if the output format is VobSub.
In the second case of the last step ONLY the colours are not respected by BDSup2Sub, and you have to convert manually to use a better palette.

Try a full BD conversion again, and be sure to select the VobSub output format in tab 2 (or, better, select "both") and you will see that the colours are correct in the 3D SUP file (but not in the XML/SUB if you have selected "both").
Yes het works
Old 14th April 2015, 14:21   #334  |  Link
brochild

Quote:
You haven't explained what the problem is. You can't see the subtitles at all?
I can only see and select one subtitle in the MKV file.
The name of it is the same name as the file name. Instead of "French", its called "00800.track_4610.Fra.2d.idx". The problem is I wanted to be able to select one of the 3 subtitles, English, or French, or Spanish. But if I create a Blue-ray iso image using TSMUXER, I can see all three and be able to select the one hat I want.

Quote:
BD3D2MK3D converts the demuxed subtitles to whatever you want. In tab 2, you can select the subtitle types to include in the MKV: 2D, 3D or both.
In my case, I select both

Quote:
You can also specify if you want them in VobSub (IDX/SUB) or BD PGS (SUP) format, or both. BD3D2MK3D adds the "2D" or "3D" string to the file name according to the type of conversion, and the SUP extension is kept for the BD SUP format. If you have selected the VobSub format, two files are produced: a small IDX file containing information about the subtitles (such as the colours and timings), and a larger SUB file with the actual subtitle images. So, for example, 00800.track_4610.Fra.2d.idx (and 00800.track_4610.Fra.2d.sub) is the french subtitle stream converted to 2D in VobSub format.
This part seem to be working fine only for one of the 3 subtitles. It occurred in both movies with the 800.track_4610 being selected. How was this track selected instead of the other 2? How can I select the 3 tracks? or force them to be muxed since the files are already created?

Quote:
You can however probably use PDVD to stream the output with the 3D subtitles to your TV. In that case, the 3D subtitles may be shown correctly by the TV. But if you watch the movie on your PC, it is probably better to use the 2D subtitles.
I can stream the MKV to my Samsung Series 7 65" TV. This part works as well, but I can only display and select "00800.track_4610.Fra.2d.idx" subtitle with the exact file name instead of English, French or Spanish. The same is displayed using PowerDVD14 on my PC.

In any event, Ill keep playing with it and experiment. I wish I knew how to manually force the selection of the subtitle for t he MKV container. Right now the track "00800.track_4610.Fra.2d.idx " or "00800.track_4610.Spa.2d.idx " is being selected all the time.

Thanks for your expeditious reply.
I really appreciate this program.
Old 14th April 2015, 15:11   #335  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

You select the audio and subtitle tracks you want to include in the MKV in tab 2. Nothing difficult to understand: just tick the streams you want. They will be included in the MKV and they DO NOT have file names such as 00800.track_4610.Spa.2d.idx. If you can see that file name, you use your player to select an EXTERNAL subtitle file. You should select the subtitles includes WITHIN the MKV. Usually, that's very easy, but I hate PowerDVD, I don't have it and I don't remember how subtitles are selected. Normally, you should have a subtitle menu with all streams that have been muxed in the MKV, and another option to load another stream from disc. You should not need to select that option with the MKV files produced by BD3D2MK3D.

Unfortunately, the log file you have posted in your first post is still not approved, and I can't verify if the files have been correctly muxed. Please copy and paste here the content of the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file, and I will verify if the subtitle streams are present in the MKV. You can also verify yourself with MediaInfo or a similar program. But if you have selected them in tab 2, they must be present.

Note however that in tab 2, all subtitle streams are listed twice. The first time, it's the full stream, with all subtitles. The second occurrence is a stream that will contain only the forced subtitles. (Forced subtitles are the subtitles that must be shown in, say, French when the French audio is played). But there is no way to know in advance if a specific stream contains forced subtitles. So, if you tick, say, the French stream and the Forced French stream, you can be sure that the French stream will be muxed, because it exists certainly, but there is no guarantee that there are forced subtitles in that stream, and therefore if after the demux operation BD3D2MK3D doesn't find any forced subtitle, it will simply skip that stream. In that case, and in that case ONLY, the subtitle stream may not be present in the final MKV. (When BD3D2MK3D must skip a forced stream because there are no forced subtitles in the main stream, it shows you a warning at the very end of the operation, explaining that the stream will not be used. You can find the same warning near the end of the log.)

So, please verify with a good player (like PotPlayer) if you have the subtitle streams IN the MKV file. That should be the case, unless you have modified manually the MUX options file, or muxed the streams yourself. Also, move the final MKV file in another folder (without the IDX files), and play it from there. The player should not show the IDX files any more, and it may be easier to understand how to select the normal subtitle streams.

In the image below, you can see the subtitles menu (in French, sorry) with the options of PotPlayer to select the subtitles. In this case, I have only included one subtitle stream, in 3D and 2D SUP format. The 3D version is selected. PotPlayer prints "*HdmvSub - French," followed by the title defined by BD3D2MK3D: "French 3D (BD SUP)". It is possible to open an external subtitle with the first option in the menu ("Load a subtitle" in English), but normally I don't need to use that option.
You should see something similar in the subtitle menu of PowerDVD.

Last edited by r0lZ; 14th April 2015 at 15:15.
Old 14th April 2015, 15:19   #336  |  Link
brochild

Quote:
That files are not "called". They are included in the final MKV, and after it has been created, they are not necessary any more. Yoy can delete them if you wish. As explained above, your player should be able to play the subtitles contained in the MKV file. If it can't, use a better player!
Hello again!
Can you please explain how this file "00800.track_4610.Fra.2d.idx" is included in the final MKV?

I want to know how I can include the other 2 files in the final MKV:
00800.track_4609.Eng.2d.idx and 00800.track_4611.Spa.2d.idx

Also, I need to change the labels to "English" or "French" or "Spanish" instead of the original file name.

Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 15:31   #337  |  Link
brochild

Quote:

Unfortunately, the log file you have posted in your first post is still not approved, and I can't verify if the files have been correctly muxed. Please copy and paste here the content of the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file, and I will verify if the subtitle streams are present in the MKV. You can also verify yourself with MediaInfo or a similar program. But if you have selected them in tab 2, they must be present.
Sorry, I did not see your post before I posted.
Here's the output you requested.
Thanks again for your prompt response.

# mkvmerge options file generated by BD3D2MK3D 0.63
# to mux the 3D video file "47 Ronin 3D 3D-SBS 1080p (BroChild-medium-16-level-4.1)-lrq.mkv"
# Stereoscopy mode: 3D Half-SBS (x264 high@L4.1 CRF 16 preset medium)
# Resolution: 1080p
# Encoding info: x264 high@L4.1 CRF 16 preset medium

# Output

--output
47 Ronin 3D 3D-SBS 1080p (BroChild-medium-16-level-4.1)-lrq.mkv

# 3D video stream

--track-name
0:3D Half-SBS (x264 high@L4.1 CRF 16 preset medium)
--stereo-mode
0:1
--language
0:und
--aspect-ratio
0:16/9
--default-duration
0:24000/1001p
--default-track
0:yes

# Audio stream(s)

--track-name
0:English (DTS Multi-channel 48KHz)
--language
0:eng
--default-track
--sync
0:0
--compression
0:none
00800.track_4352.Eng.dts

--track-name
0:Spanish (DTS Multi-channel 48KHz)
--language
0:spa
--default-track
0:no
--sync
--compression
00800.track_4353.Spa.dts

--track-name
0:French (DTS Multi-channel 48KHz)
--language
0:fra
--default-track
--sync
--compression
00800.track_4354.Fra.dts

--track-name
0:English (AC3 Stereo 48KHz)
--language
--default-track
--sync
--compression
00800.track_4355.Eng.ac3

# 3D Subtitle stream(s)

--track-name
0:English forced 3D (BD SUP)
--language
--default-track
--forced-track
--sync
--compression
00800.track_4608.Eng.3D.sup

--track-name
0:English forced 3D (VobSub)
--language
--default-track
--forced-track
--sync
--compression
00800.track_4608.Eng.3D.idx

--track-name
0:Spanish forced 3D (BD SUP)
--language
--default-track
--forced-track
--sync
--compression
00800.track_4609.Spa.3D.sup

--track-name
0:Spanish forced 3D (VobSub)
--language
--default-track
--forced-track
--sync
--compression
00800.track_4609.Spa.3D.idx

--track-name
0:French forced 3D (BD SUP)
--language
--default-track
--forced-track
--sync
--compression
00800.track_4610.Fra.3D.sup

--track-name
0:French forced 3D (VobSub)
--language
--default-track
--forced-track
--sync
--compression
00800.track_4610.Fra.3D.idx

--track-name
0:Spanish forced 3D (BD SUP)
--language
--default-track
--forced-track
--sync
--compression
00800.track_4611.Spa.3D.sup

--track-name
0:Spanish forced 3D (VobSub)
--language
--default-track
--forced-track
--sync
--compression
00800.track_4611.Spa.3D.idx

--track-name
0:French forced 3D (BD SUP)
--language
--default-track
--forced-track
--sync
--compression
00800.track_4612.Fra.3D.sup

--track-name
0:French forced 3D (VobSub)
--language
--default-track
--forced-track
--sync
--compression
00800.track_4612.Fra.3D.idx

# Attachments

--attachment-mime-type
text/plain
--attachment-name
_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs
--attach-file
_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs

--attachment-mime-type
text/x-msdos-batch
--attachment-name
_ENCODE.cmd
--attach-file
_ENCODE.cmd

--attachment-mime-type
application/zip
--attachment-name
3D-Planes.zip
--attach-file
3D-Planes.zip

# Global settings

--title
47 Ronin 3D

--chapter-language
und
--chapter-charset
UTF-8
--chapters
chapters_3D_delay.txt

--global-tags
tags.xml

# MKV compatibility options:

--engage
no_cue_duration

--engage
no_cue_relative_position

#--clusters-in-meta-seek

#--disable-lacing

#--engage
#no_simpleblock

# Other MKV options:

--disable-track-statistics-tags
Old 14th April 2015, 17:55   #338  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, there are 10 subtitle streams (3D ONLY, in BD SUP and VobSub formats) in your MKV of 47 Ronins. You should be able to select them with any good player. The name of the first one is "English forced 3D (BD SUP)" and its language code is "eng". The other streams have similar names and language codes. Everything looks perfect.

However, all streams are marked as forced and that's not normal. I suppose you have blindly ticked all "forced" option in tab 2. You should do that ONLY if you know for sure that the stream contains ONLY forced subtitles. But it's another problem. The streams are there and are NOT named 00800.track_4608.Eng.3D.sup or similar. (That file name is present in the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file, because MkvMerge needs to know the file name to load the stream, but as soon as it is stored in the final file, the original file name is lost and CANNOT appear in the subtitle menu of your player.)

Everything is fine, the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file contains what it must contain (according to your selections in tab 2), and the subtitles are certainly present in the MKV.

I don't understand what you want to do. You have the subtitle streams in the MKV file, and there is no need to add them again. But if you have made a mistake by including the 3D subtitles only and you want to include the 2D files as well without starting the whole process over, I suggest to edit the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file to add the 2D streams, and then again launch _MUX_3D.cmd. But you must know what you are doing.

Or you can use Tools -> MkvMerge GUI, open the existing MKV in MkvMerge, add the subtitle streams (you can drag and drop them), select the right language and type a suitable name for each stream, and finally click Start Muxing to generate a new MKV file with all streams. That's easy.

Last edited by r0lZ; 14th April 2015 at 18:02.
Old 14th April 2015, 19:14   #339  |  Link
brochild

Quote:
OK, there are 10 subtitle streams (3D ONLY, in BD SUP and VobSub formats) in your MKV of 47 Ronins. You should be able to select them with any good player. The name of the first one is "English forced 3D (BD SUP)" and its language code is "eng". The other streams have similar names and language codes. Everything looks perfect.
I can only select them if I use TSMUXER to create a blue-ray ISO image, mount the image and play it.

Quote:
However, all streams are marked as forced and that's not normal. I suppose you have blindly ticked all "forced" option in tab 2. You should do that ONLY if you know for sure that the stream contains ONLY forced subtitles. But it's another problem.
Yes, I did select all of them because I was not sure.

Quote:
and the subtitles are certainly present in the MKV.
In the current MKV file, I can only see one subtitle, the one with the long name that ends with 2d.idx. When I read the MKV in tsmuxer, I get a warning message that some of the streams cannot be loaded. I do see all the 3D subtitles, the ones that I see using the converted ISO image. I see none of the ones that ends with "2d.idx". These I need so PowerDVD14 can allow me to select them while watching the MKV file.

Quote:
I don't understand what you want to do. You have the subtitle streams in the MKV file, and there is no need to add them again. But if you have made a mistake by including the 3D subtitles only and you want to include the 2D files as well without starting the whole process over, I suggest to edit the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file to add the 2D streams, and then again launch _MUX_3D.cmd. But you must know what you are doing.
I thought I selected "3D, then 2D", I'm not sure - but I will try that.

Quote:
Or you can use Tools -> MkvMerge GUI, open the existing MKV in MkvMerge, add the subtitle streams (you can drag and drop them), select the right language and type a suitable name for each stream, and finally click Start Muxing to generate a new MKV file with all streams. That's easy.
OK, this is easy enough to try - I will give that a shot as soon as I get home. Will I still get a mkvmerge.log file if I use this manual process?
If I do, I will send that to you so you can see what I was trying to achieve.

Thanks again for all your help.
I really do appreciate that you took time out of your busy schedule to analyze my problem.

Merci beaucoup mon ami.
Old 14th April 2015, 19:31   #340  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, I doubt that will solve your problem.

Trust me. The 10 subtitle streams ARE IN THE MKV FILE. You MUST be able to select them. If you can't, learn how to use your player, or use a better player. (PowerDVD has always been one of the worst player, and it is extremely expensive. Try the free PotPlayer instead.) And have you verified what streams are present with MediaInfo, as I suggested? And have you tried to move the MKV file in another directory, also as I suggested? It is useless to repeat that you cannot select the subtitles. Either there is a bug in PowerDVD, or you cannot use it, because the subtitles are present in the MKV. Anyway, I will not continue to repeat endlessly the same things if you persists to use a player that you can't master. Re-read my previous posts, and do what I have suggested. The solution is there.
Closed Thread