Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 2nd July 2014, 12:12   #1  |  Link
theateist

How to handle multiple files using NVENC HW API?

I have one GPU - GeForce GTX 760 > has Compute SM 3.0, NVENC Available

I'm trying to encode multiple files concurrently using NVENC HW API. The encode parameters are equeal to all the files I don't quite understand how to do it. I looked all over the internet but didn't find anything worth. What I can think about is to load N frames in loop from each file and to pass to the encoder. Is this the way to handle multiple files?
theateist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2014, 00:51   #2  |  Link
theateist

no one knows the answer?

please help me
Old 8th July 2014, 01:10   #3  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theateist View Post
please help me
Please keep the forum rules in mind:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule #12
How NOT to post on this forum:
5 minutes after your initial post you reply to your own post writing something like "Why is nobody helping me? I'm sure you know the answer".
If nobody has replied yet, it probably means nobody knows the answer. Or your question isn't clear enough.

For me it's not even clear whether you are a software developer yourself seeking for information on how to use the NVENC API or whether you are looking for encoding tools that are using the NVENC API.

In the former case, this presentation describes the NVENC API workflow quite clearly. For details, you should refer to the Reference Manual, I suppose...

(And since the document suggests that you need to open an "encode session" first, I assume you will have to open multiple encode sessions, if you which to run several encodes concurrently)

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 8th July 2014 at 01:36.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2014, 08:43   #4  |  Link
theateist

What is not clear?

I'm software developer. I downloaded NVENC SDK with samples. I read that to encode frames from multiple files I need to create multiple sessions and to switch between them, but I cannot find how to do it.
Old 8th July 2014, 09:22   #5  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Maybe you should ask nVidia. The only nVidia API developer who frequented this forum has retired, but you might still catch him on his forum.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2014, 12:08   #6  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theateist View Post
I'm software developer. I downloaded NVENC SDK with samples. I read that to encode frames from multiple files I need to create multiple sessions and to switch between them, but I cannot find how to do it.
Your question is very specific. This is a video enthusiast forum, but not a NVidia or NVENC forum. So while it is possible somebody around here is familiar with the NVENC API, you cannot count on that. As foxyshadis said, you may have more luck at the NVidia forum/support.

Anyway, after having a quick look at the manual, it seems like a new encode session is created using the NvEncOpenEncodeSessionEx() function. Is it not possible to create more than one session this way?

Tags
gpu acceleration, nvidia, video encoding