Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 12th August 2018, 11:27   #5561  |  Link
ryrynz

Nope, you could do CTRL + 0 though to go Frame only.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 12:41   #5562  |  Link
THEAST

Does the developer watch this thread or is there any way to request this as a feature?
THEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 14:38   #5563  |  Link
v0lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAST View Post
Is it possible to disable the name and version of MPC-BE in title bar so that only file name is displayed in that space similar to MPC-HC?
There is no such option.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2018, 18:18   #5564  |  Link
Zero3K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero3K View Post
I have another error with it and StreamBuffRe. When I use it as the player in StreamBuffRe and visit a URL such as https://www.twitch.tv/videos/292508749 (which is inputted into the URL bar of StreamBuffRe and then the resulting playlist entry is double clicked on), I get a "failed to render" error.
Please fix it soon (if possible).
Zero3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2018, 02:54   #5565  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero3K View Post
Please fix it soon (if possible).
StreamBuffRe reject connection from internal filters(in latest version), all questions to the author.

P.S. For twitch need install LAV Filters.

Last edited by Aleksoid1978; 19th August 2018 at 03:12.
Aleksoid1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2018, 23:51   #5566  |  Link
Zero3K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
StreamBuffRe reject connection from internal filters(in latest version), all questions to the author.

P.S. For twitch need install LAV Filters.
I saw the issue you posted on the Github Issue Tracker for it. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

EDIT: I don't want to have to install external filters just to be able to play Twitch VODs (streams work fine except for the fact that they disconnect on me often).

Last edited by Zero3K; 20th August 2018 at 23:56.
Zero3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2018, 02:52   #5567  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Without the menu there is no way to know which track is supposed to be used for forced subtitles. If the default choice doesn't work, you have to pick the right track manually.
I have a related question. With 1.5.2 (build 3788) beta I cannot get the player to automatically select an external subtitle file. It has to be done manually.

I have tried advanced settings in LAV Splitter with !d and !f in the string but the player just seems to ignore those settings.

I can see no way to permanently set mpc-be to automatically prefer an external subtitle file, if available. If it is set manually, it only appears to apply to the specific file where it is set, and not to other files.
raymondjpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2018, 07:11   #5568  |  Link
chros

It works here with srt subs, using lavfilters as well, but the sub management is done by mpc-be (uaing latest beta).
You have to name the subs properly.
Old 21st August 2018, 07:59   #5569  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
It works here with srt subs, using lavfilters as well, but the sub management is done by mpc-be (uaing latest beta).
You have to name the subs properly.
My external subs have the exact same name as the video file.

The issue I have is that, if there is an internal default subtitle stream in the video file, then mpc-be will select that regardless of the setting in the player "Prefer external subtitles over embedded subtitles". The external subtitles can be selected manually from the drop-down menu while the file is playing (or paused) but that setting only applies to that file, not any other file.

If there are no internal (embedded) subtitles then the external subtitle file is picked up by the player as the default (only) option available.
Old 21st August 2018, 10:33   #5570  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondjpg View Post
My external subs have the exact same name as the video file.
Good. Although I use these: "foo.EN.srt", "foo.DE.srt", etc.

Quote:
The issue I have is that, if there is an internal default subtitle stream in the video file, then mpc-be will select that

If there are no internal (embedded) subtitles then the external subtitle file is picked up by the player as the default (only) option available.
"internal default subtitle stream"? (I'm not sure about the default word, where can I check it whether my files have any of this?)

I wrote a small guide for MadVR - MPC-HC/BE here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...39#post1820039

Although I don't see anything interesting in it that you haven't mentioned yet. Is it maybe a lavsplitter setting? Can you post yours? (I can check mine in the evening.)
Old 21st August 2018, 11:20   #5571  |  Link
raymondjpg

Thanks for the response.

Quote:
"internal default subtitle stream"? (I'm not sure about the default word, where can I check it whether my files have any of this?)
The status of the subtitle streams can be determined by loading them into MKVToolNix GUI.

Quote:
I wrote a small guide for MadVR - MPC-HC/BE here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...39#post1820039
I did see that guide, but when you say "it will always select first the external sub (srt) if it exist and you have set a preferred language at "Options -> Playback -> Default track preference; Sub: 'hu hun en eng'" my experience is that it does not. MPC-BE appears to ignore the flag "Prefer external subtitles over embedded subtitles".

I am talking specifically about when using the internal subtitle renderer. When using VSFilter/xy-VSFilter or XySubFilter it does appear to honor the flag "Prefer external subtitles over embedded subtitles", however subtitle font sizes have to be edited to suit different video resolutions.

Ideally I would prefer to use the internal subtitle renderer, and to have mpc-be honor the flag "Prefer external subtitles over embedded subtitles".

I have tested this both with 1.5.2 (build 3788) beta and with production build MPC-BE.1.5.1, both x64 versions. Neither appears to honor the flag "Prefer external subtitles over embedded subtitles".

I haven't tested this with the x86 versions.

Quote:
Although I don't see anything interesting in it that you haven't mentioned yet. Is it maybe a lavsplitter setting? Can you post yours? (I can check mine in the evening.)
Just to keep things simple, my tests have been when selecting Default as the Subtitle Selection Mode in LAV Splitter. I have tried advanced settings, but again mpc-be appears to ignore these.

Regards

EDIT: My apologies, the issue appears to be confined to the 1.5.2 (build 3788) beta. With production build MPC-BE.1.5.1 the flag "Prefer external subtitles over embedded subtitles" appears to be honored if set a preferred language at "Options -> Playback -> Default track preference; Sub eng.

The issue may be related to a different way of selecting subtitle streams in the beta.

Regards

Last edited by raymondjpg; 21st August 2018 at 11:43.
Old 21st August 2018, 11:34   #5572  |  Link
chros

Quote:
The status of the subtitle streams can be determined by loading them into MKVToolNix GUI.
Cheers, I'll check them, but I'm pretty sure at least 1 of them has it.

Quote:
I am talking specifically about when using the internal subtitle renderer.

I have tested this both with 1.5.2 (build 3788) beta and with production build MPC-BE.1.5.1, both x64 versions.
I haven't tested this with the x86 versions.
Me too x64, internal sub renderer.

Quote:
Just to keep things simple, my tests have been when selecting Default as the Subtitle Selection Mode in LAV Splitter. I have tried advanced settings, but again mpc-be appears to ignore these.
OK, I'll take a look.
It must be a setting somewhere since it works for me
Old 21st August 2018, 11:48   #5573  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Just now check loading external subtitles with "Prefer external subtitles over embedded subtitles", using internal subtitle renderer. When options check - always loading external subtitles by default, uncheck - loading internal subtitles.
Old 21st August 2018, 12:07   #5574  |  Link
raymondjpg

I did add an edit on my last post:

EDIT: My apologies, the issue appears to be confined to the 1.5.2 (build 3788) beta. With production build MPC-BE.1.5.1 the flag "Prefer external subtitles over embedded subtitles" appears to be honored if set a preferred language at "Options -> Playback -> Default track preference; Sub eng.

The issue may be related to a different way of selecting subtitle streams in the beta.

Regards
Old 21st August 2018, 14:33   #5575  |  Link
chros

No worries, but I also use the latest beta (I don't recall the build number now).
Old 21st August 2018, 18:45   #5576  |  Link
chros

Quote:
No worries, but I also use the latest beta (I don't recall the build number now).
Actually I used 1.5.2 b3445 x64, but it also works here with 3788 x64, tried with default pgs and srt embedded subs in mkv container as well (none of them were forced tracks).

Lav Splitter (0.72.0) settings (I think these're the default ones):
- audio: none
- subs: none
- sub selection mode: default
- Blu-Ray Subs: x enable auto forced sub streams
- Demuxer settings: x demux sub-streams separately
Old 22nd August 2018, 00:17   #5577  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
Actually I used 1.5.2 b3445 x64, but it also works here with 3788 x64, tried with default pgs and srt embedded subs in mkv container as well (none of them were forced tracks).

Lav Splitter (0.72.0) settings (I think these're the default ones):
- audio: none
- subs: none
- sub selection mode: default
- Blu-Ray Subs: x enable auto forced sub streams
- Demuxer settings: x demux sub-streams separately
Thanks for trying. I used your settings, but still see the same issue. If you have 1.5.2 b3445 x64, do you see all of the subtitle options if you right click on the screen while playing (or pause) the video? If you do, try this:

1. If you have an external subtitle file, temporarily rename it.
2. Play the video, and using the right click on the screen, see which of the available subtitle streams is selected. That would be the situation that would apply if no external subtitle were available. The player would select one of the internal streams.
3. Rename the external subtitle file exactly the same as the video file, and play again.
4. When you right click on the screen, do you still see the same internal subtitle stream selected that you saw at step 2? I do, with 3788 x64, and that is what I mean by the player not honoring the flag "Prefer external subtitles over embedded subtitles".

If I use production version MPC-BE.1.5.1.x64, then at step 3 the flag "Prefer external subtitles over embedded subtitles" is honored. The external subtitle file is selected in preference to the internal streams.

I am not complaining. I suspect that the difference in behavior is due to the different ways in which the subtitle streams are selected in the production and beta versions. In the beta version, once a stream is selected on right click, be it internal or external, that stream is always selected as long as that file is remembered in the .ini file, regardless of the flag "Prefer external subtitles over embedded subtitles". In some ways that ability to select the subtitle stream (not in the latest production version) may be beneficial for some users.

I prefer to always have the "Prefer external subtitles over embedded subtitles" flag honored, so I have gone back to using the production version MPC-BE.1.5.1.x64 for now.

Regards

Last edited by raymondjpg; 22nd August 2018 at 01:37.
Old 22nd August 2018, 03:56   #5578  |  Link
BetA13
cosmic entity

just a quick question

i tried Nvidia DSR on my 900p monitor. So in the end i have an 1200p monitor.
Anyway, in my tests, the picture looked slightly better (sharper) then without DSR.

My question would be, is this an good idea? Or should i just use teh scalers built into MPC BE? like bicubic or catmull-rom?

Or is this DSR stuff in terms of video playback just an bad idea ?

greetz
BetA13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2018, 09:39   #5579  |  Link
chros

Quote:
If you have 1.5.2 b3445 x64
I also upgraded to b3788, so we are on the same page

Quote:
If you do, try this:
1. If you have an external subtitle file, temporarily rename it.
2. Play the video, and using the right click on the screen, see which of the available subtitle streams is selected. That would be the situation that would apply if no external subtitle were available. The player would select one of the internal streams.
3. Rename the external subtitle file exactly the same as the video file, and play again.
4. When you right click on the screen, do you still see the same internal subtitle stream selected that you saw at step 2? I do, with 3788 x64, and that is what I mean by the player not honoring the flag "Prefer external subtitles over embedded subtitles".

If I use production version MPC-BE.1.5.1.x64, then at step 3 the flag "Prefer external subtitles over embedded subtitles" is honored. The external subtitle file is selected in preference to the internal streams.
The steps work for me with b3788 as well No matter what I tried, the external sub kicks in as it should if the naming is right. I even tried to use ini file (normally I don't use it).

There's an Advanced submenu under Subtitles: did you check Force sub only option? That's the only thing I can think of.
Old 22nd August 2018, 10:37   #5580  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
The steps work for me with b3788 as well No matter what I tried, the external sub kicks in as it should if the naming is right. I even tried to use ini file (normally I don't use it).

There's an Advanced submenu under Subtitles: did you check Force sub only option? That's the only thing I can think of.
The only thing I can think of is that with your setup the external file kicked in before you set the option for an ini file. With an ini file, no matter which internal subtitle option I select, it stays with that option whether or not an external subtitle file is present.

I don't have the forced sub option checked in the advanced submenu under Subtitles.

I am attaching a screenshot of what I see when I select the subtitle popup menu. Even if I put an external subtitle file, properly named, in the same directory, the same internal subtitle is still selected i.e. the external subtitle is not preferred. If it doesn't happen with you, I don't know why.

Probably not worth pursuing any more.

EDIT: Looks like the behavior I was seeing is related to the use of an ini file. Without an ini file, the Prefer external subtitle flag is honored. If an ini file is present, then the last selected subtitle is used, and the Prefer external subtitle flag is not honored. As I use ini files to conveniently remember player settings, and sometimes transfer those settings to another pc, I will probably continue to use them.

Problem solved I think.
Attached Images

Last edited by raymondjpg; 22nd August 2018 at 12:54. Reason: Additional Info