Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 2nd October 2008, 08:30   #2061  |  Link
stax76

I've downloaded it here: http://mirror01.x264.nl/x264/revision996/x264.exe

Where did you download yours?
Old 2nd October 2008, 08:32   #2062  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax View Post
995 returns a error on --psy-rdo and --psy-trellis
That's because those are not, and have never been x264 options. Read the --help.
Old 2nd October 2008, 08:40   #2063  |  Link
burfadel

Hey Stax,wondering whether you can change the options available on the interface to reflect the changes made in rev 996 of x264. There's also a previous addition that would be good to be able to change via the interface.

The new 996 options are in regards to subme, where 9 is now the best and some options previously required and no longer necessary to add. The options no longer valid are --bime and --b-rdo, so they should be removed ASAP from the interface. Also the 'Subpixel Refinement' should be modified to reflect that the best is now 9 instead of 7. An addition to the interface should be made for the --psy-rd option, and two changeable windows for this. The first is to change the strength of psy RD and the second the strength of psy Trellis.

The removal of the --b-rdo and --bime is essential as they no longer work! and also the change to sumbe is essential as the interface setting takes precedence over manual setting (that is, even if you manually add --sumbe 9 to the 'command line' section, --sumbe 7 overrides it
Thanks

Last edited by burfadel; 2nd October 2008 at 08:47.
Old 2nd October 2008, 13:23   #2064  |  Link
stax76

I've added it now to the latest beta, thanks everybody giving hints and most importantly details (making it much easier for me).
Old 2nd October 2008, 13:47   #2065  |  Link
stax76

I've forgot to include the latest x264 build so I've uploaded the beta again including build 996.
Old 2nd October 2008, 18:43   #2066  |  Link
alaxa

Quote:
Hi and welcome to the forum. It's possible to change the default language.
Thank you for the quick replay
Sorry but I cannot have it working. Where should I check for that default language option?
I am trying to create a template with some options set and recall this later. I thought that:
Edit Audio Profile->"add Existing file"-> Edit -> "stream name" was the right choiche but I don't know how to make a regexp/in-string search

thanks
Old 2nd October 2008, 19:42   #2067  |  Link
stax76

If you can understand regex then it shouldn't be too much of a challenge to edit the language, it's simple:
  • Load a project template
  • Load the audio profile 'Add Existing File'
  • Edit the language
  • Save the template
Old 2nd October 2008, 19:58   #2068  |  Link
alaxa

Quote:
If you can understand regex then it shouldn't be too much of a challenge to edit the language, it's simple:
  • Load a project template
  • Load the audio profile 'Add Existing File'
  • Edit the language
  • Save the template
Sorry, this thing is driving me crazy
Under Edit the Language you mean this panel: ?
Audio Mux Options:
------> Stream Name: *T04*
------> Language: Undetermined
------> Delay: 0

I tried Language: undetemrined, italian but the first language that is automatically selected is always english
Maybe the StreamName string is not correct.

thanks,
a.
Old 2nd October 2008, 20:04   #2069  |  Link
stax76

Yes, it's this panel, stream name is only be used to pass to the muxer. What is the filename of the audio file you want to be detected?
Old 2nd October 2008, 21:36   #2070  |  Link
alaxa

Quote:
Yes, it's this panel, stream name is only be used to pass to the muxer. What is the filename of the audio file you want to be detected?
"ep1 T04 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.mp3" and
"ep1 T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.mp3"

thanks,
a.
Old 2nd October 2008, 21:59   #2071  |  Link
stax76

Please post the diagnostic file as described here.
Old 2nd October 2008, 22:30   #2072  |  Link
alaxa

Quote:
Please post the diagnostic file as described here.
thank you, here is the diag file, even if I don;'t know how useful can be
http://www.2shared.com/file/4028713/...tic_Files.html

does your version work if you choose different language priority?

a.
Old 2nd October 2008, 22:51   #2073  |  Link
stax76

Thanks for uploading the file. Unfortunately it don't help much, please use the latest beta and open the MPEG2 source file so StaxRip can write the specs of the source file to the log file, the demuxing etc. Until now I know hardly anything about your project, IIRC there is only language detection if a) your source is DVD and b) the files have the filename of the original DVD so StaxRip knows which ISO file belongs to the source file so it can read the language from the ISO file. Maybe you have a transport stream, I don't know if these contain language information, MediaInfo will tell so (StaxRip uses MediaInfo to write the specs of the source file to the log file (the log file can be found in the source/temp directory as well within the diagnostic archive)). If it's not a DVD source and you have MediaInfo then it's probably sufficient to just post the information MediaInfo it gives.

Last edited by stax76; 2nd October 2008 at 22:53.
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:26   #2074  |  Link
alaxa

Quote:
Thanks for uploading the file. Unfortunately it don't help much, please use the latest beta and open the MPEG2 source file so StaxRip can write the specs of the source file to the log file, the demuxing etc. Until now I know hardly anything about your project, IIRC there is only language detection if a) your source is DVD and b) the files have the filename of the original DVD so StaxRip knows which ISO file belongs to the source file so it can read the language from the ISO file. [..snip] If it's not a DVD source and you have MediaInfo then it's probably sufficient to just post the information MediaInfo it gives.
thank you for the answer.
So, the source is a DVD, yes. I do this to have the single files, maybe it's wrong and does not work with staxrip:
1) open the 5 VOBs with DGindex
2) select the portion of video and the audio tracks I needed and then save ProjectAS... This gives me: myFile.d2v, "myFile T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -208ms.ac3" etc..
3) with staxrip I open my template and choose that d2v. The audio tracks profile is ignored

BUT. I tried from the scratch directly from staxrip: I opened a VOB file and after some working (dgindex reading) it chose the correct tracks.
So I believe staxrip is working but not with my environment.
It's a pity that I could not select by regexp also beacuse I think that now the language selection is for AC3 only while I could include already encoded mp3
Am i wrong?
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:11   #2075  |  Link
stax76

The language is contained in a IFO file but since you renamed your d2v file StaxRip don't know to which IFO file it belongs. Just use the name DGIndex is suggesting, this should be the name of the first vob file, do not rename it.
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:33   #2076  |  Link
alaxa

Quote:
The language is contained in a IFO file but since you renamed your d2v file StaxRip don't know to which IFO file it belongs. Just use the name DGIndex is suggesting, this should be the name of the first vob file, do not rename it.

ok, thank you for the explanation. I will choose them by hand since they are already converted.
Do you plan to add a regexp-like feature for the "stream name" string? Otherwise it seems to me that I can only automatically add AC3 files

thanks,
a.
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:10   #2077  |  Link
stax76

You can post a request at the feature request thread, since I don't understand how regex is useful here you will have to describe a very detailed scenario.
Old 4th October 2008, 15:56   #2078  |  Link
RickA

Greets,

I like that you have added a new Temporary Directory feature to StaxRip. Maybe I have overlooked the option... Is there an easy way to have StaxRip put the temp files on a seperate (selectable) hard drive? I have multiple hard drives in my system. Use one for the Source files and a second for the Destination files. Would really like to use a third drive for the temp .264 files, etc. which get created. Being able to use 3 drives in DVD-Rebuilder speeds up the process there. So I figure the same logic can be applied here. Tried adding a new --output command in the Command Line options, but the StaxRip default --output setting remains.

@ Stax, You more than deserve a break from StaxRip for all the hard work you have put into it. Would be a sad thing if it becomes a permanent break.

Cheers,
Rick

'Allo 'Allo
Old 5th October 2008, 17:50   #2079  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Is there an easy way to have StaxRip put the temp files on a seperate (selectable) hard drive?
Makes sense so I've added it to the beta, with that it should also be possible to encode directly from a DVD drive assuming it isn't decrypted. You can find it at Options/Basic.

Quote:
Would be a sad thing if it becomes a permanent break
There will be another final soon and then a break until christmas. I don't know what comes after that, probably a even longer break. It's sad but I really want to reduce the time spent in front of the PC. If I discontinue there is a chance somebody else continues, VB .NET is a great language and working on somebody else's code or together with somebody else can be a great learning experience. Possibly even more than one person continues to work on the application though this increases the chance the application becomes messy like the MediaPortal.
Old 5th October 2008, 22:37   #2080  |  Link
swaaye

Just a heads up: it looks like there was a quality bug in x264 996 so it's probably best to use 999. No command line changes since 996.

http://x264.nl/
Code:
commit cc510478de710f86ab400f610b6e075304d902cb r999
Author: Loren Merritt <pengvado@akuvian.org>
Date:   Thu Oct 2 20:57:08 2008 -0600

rm gtk, avc2avi.
    I don't remember why I allowed a gui into the repository in the first place. There's 
    nothing that makes this one special relative to all the other x264 guis.
    avc2avi doesn't compile since we removed the bitstream reader. And avc doesn't belong in avi.

commit 6768543b76ee5ed65d096444fda2bc282b41dd91 r998
Author: Jason Garrett-Glaser <darkshikari@gmail.com>
Date:   Thu Oct 2 18:11:13 2008 -0700

Resolve quality regression in r996
    Accidentally removed the wrong line of code.  I think this classifies as a "10l".
    Thanks to techouse for initial bug report and skystrife for helping me find it.

commit 65b837fc75bdbabcc34f5e12048c10d77932eee2 r997
Author: Ralf Terdic <contact@jswiff.com>
Date:   Thu Oct 2 08:52:33 2008 -0700

Fix minor memory leak accidentally added with the addition of b-adapt 2

Last edited by swaaye; 5th October 2008 at 22:39.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265