Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 20th April 2006, 19:04   #1001  |  Link
ch@@boom

hye staxy

not sure if this was asked before, i went through ~last 15 pages (for printer) searching for quality

is it possible to override the quality setting, because I have one DVD where I have to move the mark way to the right to keep the aspect ratio, but then the quality drops to ~60%

thx
Old 20th April 2006, 19:38   #1002  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
is it possible to override the quality setting, because I have one DVD where I have to move the mark way to the right to keep the aspect ratio, but then the quality drops to ~60%
It's a encoder option since this is encoder specific and can vary between codecs and codec settings. If it's just one DVD and not something you need always you can just click next, most assistant messages can be ignored this way (some can be disabled completely in the options) though generally the assistant is your friend.
Old 21st April 2006, 00:48   #1003  |  Link
Warrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stax
So far there is no batch dialog but are there applications that do much better?

Well, some are better in some respects and worse in others. Gordian Knot has adding while encoding but I do not really like the structure of it although it has my beloved tab concept. Just let me describe what I think are most important things to have in this regard...

Most important features for advanced batch processing (well, to me):
  • Mass adding/preparation of sources: This HAS to be drag&drop capable as the sources will come from many different directories (I often use a search function from a file manager and then I drag the files from its list box). When .TS/.Vob files etc. are dropped to the batch window (dialog) they should be prepared and added to the jobs list using the default settings of the currently active template. This will guaranty the shortest possible workflow for many encodes of the same length and quality (like the episodes of a TV series). There should be a switch in that window which (when on) will tell StaxRip to regard the files added with one drop as only one project/job. This is important for split .ts files or multiple .vob files of the same movie.
  • Individual fine tuning: Every added job from step one should be editable in a complete manner (filter setup, etc.) if needed.
  • Job control: Reordering und deleting jobs should be possible (StaxRip already allows this).
  • Adding while encoding: Adding new jobs should be possible while already encoding. You already said that is very hard to include but I think it should be part of this wish list nevertheless.

This is all for now but I will keep thinking about it.

PS: The Windows Explorer windows which are opened on the completion of a job are spamming my desktop. Any way to turn this off?

Last edited by Warrex; 21st April 2006 at 00:59.
Old 21st April 2006, 13:51   #1004  |  Link
weaver4

I got the latest version yesterday. Now after I input VOB files it ask me if I want to save the project, I can say yes or cancel and it always gives me an error that it cannot open the d2v file because it is in use by another process.

I have pretty much tried everything, including installing StaxRip again. Any hints?
Old 23rd April 2006, 09:22   #1005  |  Link
sterlina

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlina
open [Edit Menu] from [Tools]
add a new menu item (it is shown as "???") and select it
choose "command", a menu drop down

... then hit ALT+TAB to switch to another application, ALT+TAB again to come back to StaxRip, an error appairs
Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
I can't reproduce it, please send the diagnostic files or just post the content of the files exception.txt. Which command did you choose?

I'm just noticing I'm using two different terms for the same thing, Command and Action which is confusing of cource, got to change this.
I haven't choose any command, just opens the drops down menu of commands. I've tryed on an other PC, "clean install" of StaxRip and get same result

Exception0.txt
Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Stax.UI.CustomMenuEditor.cbMethod_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Exception1.txt
Code:
System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
   at StaxRip.GlobalClass.SendBugReport(Exception e)
Old 23rd April 2006, 12:05   #1006  |  Link
mulrich
n00b in trouble

It seems DivX 6.2.2 is out.
Old 23rd April 2006, 13:55   #1007  |  Link
siddharthagandhi
Go Nero Digital

What does that have to do with StaxRip support?
Old 23rd April 2006, 22:48   #1008  |  Link
sterlina

Hi Stax, I notice that video frames can be cropped only by multiples of 4 pixels, but avisynth can support from 1. Is there any setting that can be changed to allow it?

@siddharthagandhi
I think mulrich is talking about "applications" in StaxRip, DivX reported version is 6.2.1

@mulrich
DivX 6.2.2 has been released yesterday (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...13#post817113), sure Stax will implement it but give him some time... if you are so in a hurry, you can install 6.2.2 without StaxRip, the program will probably complains that it is a "wrong version", but you can disable the alert and use 6.2.2

Last edited by sterlina; 23rd April 2006 at 23:14.
Old 24th April 2006, 05:27   #1009  |  Link
LRN
TeMa=) team member

Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Russia, Moscow
Quote:
Hi Stax, I notice that video frames can be cropped only by multiples of 4 pixels, but avisynth can support from 1. Is there any setting that can be changed to allow it?
It's encoder-specific. Some encoders don't support not-4x framesizes.
Old 24th April 2006, 16:45   #1010  |  Link
sterlina

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRN
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlina
It's encoder-specific. Some encoders don't support not-4x framesizes.
yes, but cutting is done before resizing, so allowing a more fine cut would be good, the _check_ of frame size should be done after all filters are applied not on single filter.

Last edited by sterlina; 24th April 2006 at 16:47.
Old 24th April 2006, 20:07   #1011  |  Link
DaXearo

First of all great tool! Congratz!
But I have a problem when encoding into 5.1 AAC sound... (from AC3 source); it seems that the channels are mixed up because the 'center channel' (the talking ) is being played through my front right speaker etc.
How can I fix this?
I play my files using ffdshow... (tried several builds, but same problem)
I've made some rips in the past using 5.1 and I had no problems with it. (with older Staxrip builds)
It's not a 'settings' problem I think because I formatted since.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by DaXearo; 24th April 2006 at 20:10.
Old 24th April 2006, 20:19   #1012  |  Link
wdmalik
Struggling for Perfection

A Request:
Can u show the "detailed" audio rip log in the Movie log file ..
Old 24th April 2006, 20:29   #1013  |  Link
DaXearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmalik
A Request:
Can u show the "detailed" audio rip log in the Movie log file ..
Staxrip is still encoding the video right now... So can't show you a log yet.
It seems that the front center speaker became the front right speaker, the front right became back right etc. The channels have been moved by 1.
Old 24th April 2006, 20:42   #1014  |  Link
wdmalik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaXearo
Staxrip is still encoding the video right now... So can't show you a log yet.
It seems that the front center speaker became the front right speaker, the front right became back right etc. The channels have been moved by 1.
Well it does convert AC3 audio to MP3 etc etc .. right ...
so all i need is a display of the whole process in log file ...
actually i usuall don't go with the default audio conversion parameters, so i would like a detailed audio output in the log file
Old 24th April 2006, 20:50   #1015  |  Link
wdmalik

and one more thing .. i saw a more latest versin of xvid around ..
i think it was of 26 FEB, any plans to include that in any latest release
Old 24th April 2006, 21:21   #1016  |  Link
stax76

@Warrex

I likely make some more improvements regarding batch encoding.

Quote:
The Windows Explorer windows which are opened on the completion of a job are spamming my desktop. Any way to turn this off?
It opens source and target dir, shouldn't that always be of interest?

Quote:
I got the latest version yesterday. Now after I input VOB files it ask me if I want to save the project, I can say yes or cancel and it always gives me an error that it cannot open the d2v file because it is in use by another process.

I have pretty much tried everything, including installing StaxRip again. Any hints?
Sorry but I don't know what the reason could be.

Quote:
I haven't choose any command, just opens the drops down menu of commands. I've tryed on an other PC, "clean install" of StaxRip and get same result
I've replaced the drop down which caused the crash with a menu so now there is context help for the commands in form of tooltips.

http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/StaxRip_Hotfix.zip

Quote:
It seems DivX 6.2.2 is out.
Thanks, I hope it's also included in the play bundle.

Quote:
yes, but cutting is done before resizing, so allowing a more fine cut would be good, the _check_ of frame size should be done after all filters are applied not on single filter.
Still it's just to easy to get into trouble, YV12 which are most sources have some restriction, right? Lot's of AviSynth filters require mod 4, I remember VFW issues though I don't recall which colorspaces and decompressors it was. If I would allow it I would allow lot's of people running into trouble because it's hardly possible to detect when it will work and when it won't and people fall just too easiliy into that kind of traps.

Quote:
But I have a problem when encoding into 5.1 AAC sound... (from AC3 source); it seems that the channels are mixed up because the 'center channel' (the talking ) is being played through my front right speaker etc.
How can I fix this?
You can search the forum, if it wasn't answered before, you can post your command line and your dll versions and hope dimzon or somebody else who knows this will help you, I'm clueless about this stuff. The topics I had found stated the channel mapping would be OK regardless of Nero version.

Quote:
and one more thing .. i saw a more latest versin of xvid around ..
i think it was of 26 FEB, any plans to include that in any latest release
Is it stable, popular, recommend, who compiled it?

Last edited by stax76; 24th April 2006 at 21:42.
Old 25th April 2006, 00:00   #1017  |  Link
sterlina

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
Still it's just to easy to get into trouble, YV12 which are most sources have some restriction, right? Lot's of AviSynth filters require mod 4, I remember VFW issues though I don't recall which colorspaces and decompressors it was. If I would allow it I would allow lot's of people running into trouble because it's hardly possible to detect when it will work and when it won't and people fall just too easiliy into that kind of traps.
mmh... what about an option like "crop automatically pixels mod _n_" in settings, with people that can change _n_ if they need (and they know what they are doing)? Actually if I'm only the one that needs it, I can deal with VirtualDub, don't worry

bug report:
I was trying
  • [edit menu]
  • [new item] (but it works for all items, even old ones)
  • [command]:Perform/Execute Command Line
  • open command line editor
  • copy into the command line the macro %application:<name>%
  • CRASH!

Exception0.txt
Code:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at StaxRip.Macro.Solve(String value)
   at StaxRip.UniversalEditorControl.tbEdit_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Exception1.txt
Code:
System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
   at StaxRip.GlobalClass.SendBugReport(Exception e)

:sterlina-bugtracker:

edit: forgot to say for corretting old bug!!

Last edited by sterlina; 25th April 2006 at 00:04.
Old 25th April 2006, 15:11   #1018  |  Link
stax76

@sterlina

There is a new option 'Advanced/Dangerous/Save Cropping'. The bug is fixed, good bug report.

http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/StaxRip_Hotfix.zip

Last edited by stax76; 25th April 2006 at 15:15.
Old 25th April 2006, 19:53   #1019  |  Link
DaXearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmalik
Well it does convert AC3 audio to MP3 etc etc .. right ...
so all i need is a display of the whole process in log file ...
actually i usuall don't go with the default audio conversion parameters, so i would like a detailed audio output in the log file
This is the log of the audio part of Staxrip:

---------- Audio Encoding ----------

Command Line: "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\StaxRip\Applications\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "D:\DVD_VIDEO\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1 01 en-English 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3" -output "D:\DVD_VIDEO\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1 01 en-English 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms_AudioOutput.aac" ) -azid( -c normal ) -ota( -d 0 -g max ) -dimzon( -dllname bse_Nero7WA.dll -6chnew -vbr_streaming -codecquality_high -aacprofile_he )

---------- Audio Encoding Statistics ----------

Start time: 07:50:27
End time: 08:44:40
Duration: 00:54:13
Speed: 47 fps
Size: 147.9 MB
Bitrate: 201.73 kbps
Video Bitrate: 760 -> 750
Old 26th April 2006, 09:55   #1020  |  Link
LRN
TeMa=) team member

Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Russia, Moscow
Stax, maybe you should think about introducing few different "layouts": "basic layout" (current StaxRip layout, or maybe even simpler), "advanced layout" (with all options ever requested), "pro layout" (with ALL (almost) possible options, requested or not, that can be changed). This includes encoder options GUIs, dialogs, etc.
It's hard, but this will solve all "i won't do this because this feature were requested only by you alone" issues.
At least, remember this idea for future SaxRip v2.0
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265