Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29th October 2022, 22:27   #19661  |  Link
rlev11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JThomasG View Post
Hello,

has any one else encountered this issue when doing distributed encoding (and solved it)?

Sometimes a encodingserver stalls/get stuck on 99.x % for a chunk and doesn't finish?

i can manually stop the encoding for the specific server and let it continue on another chunk.

thanks.
As someone else has said, make sure that the /restart-if-no-progress is in the command line which starts all of the encoding servers. The other thing is make sure that the encoding server window is open on the desktop (not minimized in the tray). I have now done hundreds of encoding hours using 9 total machines all running Windows 11 and since I have made sure that the encoding server windows are visible on all the desktops, I have not had 1 instance of a batch encode hang on its own.
rlev11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2022, 10:20   #19662  |  Link
cypher007

is there a way a pause button could be added? this would be useful when i want to put the computer to sleep for a bit. also had a conversion trashed as my laptop went to sleep when i pulled the power out to move it. i had the lid closed but had both when lid closed do nothing set and put computer to sleep both set to never.
cypher007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2022, 11:47   #19663  |  Link
TDS
Formally known as .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher007 View Post
is there a way a pause button could be added? this would be useful when i want to put the computer to sleep for a bit. also had a conversion trashed as my laptop went to sleep when i pulled the power out to move it. i had the lid closed but had both when lid closed do nothing set and put computer to sleep both set to never.
You must have a short memory...you've basically asked this question before.

see here :-

and the posts afterwards.

I VERY much doubt you will get a "Pause" button, the best way is to use Distributed Encoding, and if you accidently close the lid, or the power goes off, you will only lose what chunks were encoding at the time (more often than not).

Also, if you want to stop the encode, you need to be watching the encoding window, and when a chunk(s) finishes, you manually stop it, and then Abort the job...98 times out of 100, it will start up, where it left off.

RipBot264 modded builds..

Last edited by TDS; 2nd November 2022 at 12:17.
TDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2022, 13:19   #19664  |  Link
cypher007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS View Post
You must have a short memory...you've basically asked this question before.

see here :-

and the posts afterwards.

I VERY much doubt you will get a "Pause" button, the best way is to use Distributed Encoding, and if you accidently close the lid, or the power goes off, you will only lose what chunks were encoding at the time (more often than not).

Also, if you want to stop the encode, you need to be watching the encoding window, and when a chunk(s) finishes, you manually stop it, and then Abort the job...98 times out of 100, it will start up, where it left off.
whoops well it was 2 years ago.
Old 2nd November 2022, 16:14   #19665  |  Link
gabbett1

I'm getting an eac3to v3.34 Demuxing error since the latest update.

eac3to v3.34
command line: "E:\Blue Ray Ripping\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "D:\Rip\BULLET_TRAIN" 1) 2: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 3: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_1_English.dtsma.w64" -down16 -dcadec 10: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\10_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 11: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\11_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 12: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\12_subtitles_Chinese_1080.sup" 13: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\13_subtitles_Chinese_1080.sup" 14: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\14_subtitles_French_1080.sup" 15: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\15_subtitles_Korean_1080.sup" 16: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\16_subtitles_Portuguese_1080.sup" 17: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\17_subtitles_Spanish_1080.sup" 18: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\18_subtitles_Thai_1080.sup" 19: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\19_subtitles_French_1080.sup" 20: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\20_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 21: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\21_subtitles_Chinese_1080.sup" 22: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\22_subtitles_Korean_1080.sup" 23: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\23_subtitles_Portuguese_1080.sup" 24: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\24_subtitles_Spanish_1080.sup" 25: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\25_subtitles_Thai_1080.sup" 1: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers -log="C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\demuxlog.txt"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 7 audio tracks, 16 subtitle tracks, 2:06:32, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 17 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 16 bits, 48kHz
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 1509kbps, 48kHz)
4: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 384kbps, 48kHz, -8ms
5: DTS Master Audio, French, 5.1 channels, 16 bits, 48kHz

Last edited by gabbett1; 2nd November 2022 at 18:47.
gabbett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2022, 00:56   #19666  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbett1 View Post
I'm getting an eac3to v3.34 Demuxing error since the latest update.
What update are you referring to ??

There hasn't been a significant update(s) since the end of August, and then eac3to wasn't in that round of updates.

What version of RipBot are you using, Atak's, or Pauly Dunne's ??

Old 3rd November 2022, 16:45   #19667  |  Link
rlev11

If you use distributed encoding, I suggest that you do not install the latest windows 11 patch KB5018496 and maybe the October .net KB5018341. This just came down on all my boxes and I am having issues again where a encoding server will start an encode chunk, immediately say it completed it, then the same server will start another chunk and continue on. In the distributed encoding window on the client. that server will have a blank area where it would normally say encoded xxxc frames at whatever fps. So the encode never finishes up with that chunk missing. The only way to get past it is to abort the encode and then start it back right away. Before these updates I recently have done hundreds of hours of encoding with absolutely Zero issues.

Sometime it will just encode that 1 missing frame but most of the time it starts the whole process over from scratch. It is now doing this on at least 50% of my encodes, so it pretty much kills any unattended encoding for now.

When I get some time I am going to roll back and do some troubleshooting to A. confirm it is that patch, and then B. see if I can figure out what the heck is going on
Old 4th November 2022, 00:31   #19668  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlev11 View Post
If you use distributed encoding, I suggest that you do not install the latest windows 11 patch KB5018496 and maybe the October .net KB5018341. This just came down on all my boxes and I am having issues again where a encoding server will start an encode chunk, immediately say it completed it, then the same server will start another chunk and continue on. In the distributed encoding window on the client. that server will have a blank area where it would normally say encoded xxxc frames at whatever fps. So the encode never finishes up with that chunk missing. The only way to get past it is to abort the encode and then start it back right away. Before these updates I recently have done hundreds of hours of encoding with absolutely Zero issues.

Sometime it will just encode that 1 missing frame but most of the time it starts the whole process over from scratch. It is now doing this on at least 50% of my encodes, so it pretty much kills any unattended encoding for now.

When I get some time I am going to roll back and do some troubleshooting to A. confirm it is that patch, and then B. see if I can figure out what the heck is going on
I wonder if this is the update that gabbett1 was on about ??

I have both those updates, but unfortunately, I haven't done any encodes since....

It will be interesting to hear what you discover, and I will report back, after I've done some encodes.

Old 4th November 2022, 02:20   #19669  |  Link
rlev11

Removed all the updates since last week when everything was working OK on the client and all 8 servers. No change, still doing it. Next step was I restored my client to a full backup from last week before the updates and also half my servers to start. Started up a distributed encode with the restored client and only the restored servers and it still did it near the end of the encode.

I can't think of anything else it could be at the moment. None of the restored machines had any updates that snuck in after the restore.

Update:
Pretty sure something in the ripbot folder got screwed up somehow. Last thing I did was kill my Ripbot folder, download a fresh copy, and put my settings back in. Encoded about 8 hours now with only 1 glitch which I am going to call just an anomaly. After I get done with this latest round I'll start one by one putting the Windows11 updates back on and start testing .

Last edited by rlev11; 4th November 2022 at 22:45.
Old 4th November 2022, 11:45   #19670  |  Link
cypher007

feature wanted: lock size "dual layer BD size".

it already has single layer as a setting but i would like dual layer for larger films that need more space/bitrate.

or if someone can tell me the number to put in here that will fill a dual layer BDR. ive tried finding it on the net and get all sorts of different answers.
Old 4th November 2022, 12:18   #19671  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=311517
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2022, 12:51   #19672  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher007 View Post
feature wanted: lock size "dual layer BD size".

it already has single layer as a setting but i would like dual layer for larger films that need more space/bitrate.

or if someone can tell me the number to put in here that will fill a dual layer BDR. ive tried finding it on the net and get all sorts of different answers.
God only knows why you want to still use "optical drives", they are such a thing of the past....

Anyway, as you can see, Atak has pointed you to some info, but in the drop down, you could simply type in double of the default, eg:- 47600 (twice the 23800, shown), you could probably go a little bit more.

Old 4th November 2022, 17:31   #19673  |  Link
Ryushin

Feature Request - AAC 7.1 448K

Hi Atak,

I kind of remember a long time ago that AAC 7.1 was problematic with some decoders and that is why 5.1 was the standard.

I convert my 4K discs (thank goodness for optical media!) for home streaming that includes the full Dolby TrueHD+atmos 7.1 (or DTS:X), and I also make a streaming 2K version that uses AAC 5.1 from the TrueHD 7.1 track.

This morning I needed a quick AAC track from Top Gun Mavrick and I ran FFMPEG to convert the TrueHD track expecting to get a 5.1 track as the output. Low and behold, I had a 7.1 track. I tested it by playing it through my system and it turned out all the channels were behaving correctly.

Atak, can you please add an audio option for 7.1 AAC at 448K option for sources that have 7.1 or more channels.

I'm going to write a script to batch extract and convert the 7.1 track from my 4K home encodes and mux it into my 2K encodes.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2022, 18:58   #19674  |  Link
gabbett1

Quote:
What update are you referring to ??

There hasn't been a significant update(s) since the end of August, and then eac3to wasn't in that round of updates.

What version of RipBot are you using, Atak's, or Pauly Dunne's ??
Sorry I was away for a bit. Ripbot downloaded an update when I started it. I think I'm using Atak's version, but honestly I wasn't aware there were different ones. I'm currently running version 1.26.2. My system is running Windows 7.
Old 5th November 2022, 02:50   #19675  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
(thank goodness for optical media!)
Hey,

I think that was a bit of a dig at me...I'm sure you know what I meant !!!

I don't really know why you keep asking for additions, you know it'll never happen

May I suggest you try this, and see if it suits your needs :-

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=181206

I did a TrueHD to AAC 7.1 conversion with that app, and here's a comparison :-

Code:
Audio #1
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : MLP FBA 16-ch
Format/Info                              : Meridian Lossless Packing FBA with 16-channel presentation
Commercial name                          : Dolby TrueHD with Dolby Atmos
Codec ID                                 : A_TRUEHD
Duration                                 : 3 h 2 min
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 3 403 kb/s
Maximum bit rate                         : 5 616 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 8 channels
Channel layout                           : L R C LFE Ls Rs Lb Rb
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 1 200.000 FPS (40 SPF)
Compression mode                         : Lossless
Stream size                              : 4.34 GiB (6%)
Title                                    : TrueHD Atmos 7.1
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
Number of dynamic objects                : 11
Bed channel count                        : 1 channel
Bed channel configuration                : LFE

Code:
Audio
Format                                   : AAC LC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Format version                           : Version 4
Codec ID                                 : 2
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Channel(s)                               : 8 channels
Channel layout                           : C L R Ls Rs Lw Rw LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 1.44 GiB (100%)

Last edited by TDS; 5th November 2022 at 04:37.
Old 5th November 2022, 03:16   #19676  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
Sorry I was away for a bit. Ripbot downloaded an update when I started it. I think I'm using Atak's version, but honestly I wasn't aware there were different ones. I'm currently running version 1.26.2. My system is running Windows 7.
Well, like I said before, it's been a few months since the last update, surely, you've used RipBot more recently than that ??

And also, as you got an update you are clearly using Atak's version !!!

I can highly recommend Pauly's, I have been using it almost as long as it's been available, SO many more options !!!

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...91#post1974691

Old 5th November 2022, 14:55   #19677  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Hey,

I think that was a bit of a dig at me...I'm sure you know what I meant !!!

May I suggest you try this, and see if it suits your needs :-

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=181206
Yea, that was a dig at you.

I'm grateful for high quality optical media. Once I own it the studios can't take it away from me, unlike digital only.

My little one liner since I'm a linux guy:
ffmpeg -i Top_Gun_Maverick_2022_4K.mkv -c:a:1 aac -b:a 448k Top_Gun_Maverick_2022_4K.aac
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2022, 00:33   #19678  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
..............since I'm a linux guy:
Well, as you should know, I'm not...it's ALL Windows for me.

I can't use 7.1 anyway, so I will stick with E-AC3 5.1 conversions, for now.

Check this out, it sparked an interesting few comments...

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...80#post1977780

Last edited by TDS; 7th November 2022 at 06:41.
Old 7th November 2022, 17:18   #19679  |  Link
gabbett1

Quote:
Well, like I said before, it's been a few months since the last update, surely, you've used RipBot more recently than that ??

And also, as you got an update you are clearly using Atak's version !!!

I can highly recommend Pauly's, I have been using it almost as long as it's been available, SO many more options !!!

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...91#post1974691
I downloaded Pauly's and I am getting this error now.

eac3to v3.34
command line: "C:\Users\Plex Server\Desktop\Dunne Ripbot\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "D:\Rip\BULLET_TRAIN" 1) 2: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 3: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_1_English.dtsma.w64" -down16 -dcadec 10: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\10_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 11: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\11_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 12: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\12_subtitles_Chinese_1080.sup" 13: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\13_subtitles_Chinese_1080.sup" 14: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\14_subtitles_French_1080.sup" 15: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\15_subtitles_Korean_1080.sup" 16: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\16_subtitles_Portuguese_1080.sup" 17: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\17_subtitles_Spanish_1080.sup" 18: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\18_subtitles_Thai_1080.sup" 19: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\19_subtitles_French_1080.sup" 20: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\20_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 21: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\21_subtitles_Chinese_1080.sup" 22: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\22_subtitles_Korean_1080.sup" 23: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\23_subtitles_Portuguese_1080.sup" 24: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\24_subtitles_Spanish_1080.sup" 25: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\25_subtitles_Thai_1080.sup" 1: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers -log="C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\demuxlog.txt"
Old 8th November 2022, 01:56   #19680  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
I downloaded Pauly's and I am getting this error now.

eac3to v3.34
command line: "C:\Users\Plex Server\Desktop\Dunne Ripbot\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "D:\Rip\BULLET_TRAIN" 1) 2: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 3: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio_1_English.dtsma.w64" -down16 -dcadec 10: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\10_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 11: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\11_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 12: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\12_subtitles_Chinese_1080.sup" 13: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\13_subtitles_Chinese_1080.sup" 14: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\14_subtitles_French_1080.sup" 15: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\15_subtitles_Korean_1080.sup" 16: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\16_subtitles_Portuguese_1080.sup" 17: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\17_subtitles_Spanish_1080.sup" 18: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\18_subtitles_Thai_1080.sup" 19: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\19_subtitles_French_1080.sup" 20: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\20_subtitles_English_1080.sup" 21: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\21_subtitles_Chinese_1080.sup" 22: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\22_subtitles_Korean_1080.sup" 23: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\23_subtitles_Portuguese_1080.sup" 24: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\24_subtitles_Spanish_1080.sup" 25: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\25_subtitles_Thai_1080.sup" 1: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers -log="C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\demuxlog.txt"
OK, well that is pretty much exactly the same as the first error msg you posted, so at least it's consistent !!!

Are you having problems with other demuxing ???

Maybe there is something wrong with this particular file.

Would you be able to upload a sample ??

May I suggest that you run this thru MKVToolNix, and remove all the stuff you don't want with that, THEN see what RipBot does, OR you could run only the video track thru RipBot and mux it back with ToolNix, later,

Use ToolNix to demux the video track, then import it into RB.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360