Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 27th February 2010, 10:58   #12041  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarad View Post
Thanks, but mpc-hc sould detect that subtitles are out the borders and cut in fullscreen mode and make a translation at the left of the screen to avoid the cut of subs.
Is it possible to make it?
Did you read Kado's post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado View Post
@ikarad
Check "Position subtitles relative to the video frame".
Wait, If you look properly they are both out of the "video frame" because the frame ends at the blue corners of the video. Windowed mode added those black borders that don't make part of the video. if you disable free window resize and then resize the video the subs will now show like the fullscreen screenshot.
the fansubbers missaligned the subtitles.
Old 27th February 2010, 11:35   #12042  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

It appears to me that MPC-HC (1.3.1613) ignores MPEG4 ASP aspect ratio flags in AVIs when the Overlay Mixer is active (Windows XP SP3).

I changed the aspect ratio of an AVI with XviD using Moitah's MPEG4 Modifier 1.4.4 to "DAR: 16:9" (resulting in a custom PAR for NTSC of 32:27). But MPC-HC displaying the "default" AR still shows it at 720x480 pixels while using the Overlay Mixer as renderer. Using VMR9 Renderless instead, the video was stretched to 16:9.

Is this the expected behaviour? Would it be possible to "support" the Overlay Mixer from the player's side to respect the video internal AR?

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 27th February 2010, 11:36   #12043  |  Link
decapitado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateko View Post
Is there a way to set the subtitle load order to prefer external file above the internal subs?

If not, maybe it could be implemented as a "ext" language which would mean external file without language flag? Or maybe just a checkbox "prefer external"?
IŽd like that too. It would be nice.
Old 27th February 2010, 11:39   #12044  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
It appears to me that MPC-HC (1.3.1613) ignores MPEG4 ASP aspect ratio flags in AVIs when the Overlay Mixer is active (Windows XP SP3).
Overlay Mixer has also a bug with no mod16 video which are not played using internal filters or not correctly cropped with DVXA, I don't know if it's known ...
Old 27th February 2010, 13:34   #12045  |  Link
somy

X-Dron,

I have an issue with auto refresh changer.
In my system, I have two monitors:
1) My 24 inch PC monitor connected via DVI and it supports 1920*1200 at refresh rate 59 and 60
2) My projector which connected via HDMI and it support 1920*1080 at refresh rate 23, 50 and 59.
I've made two CCC profiles so that if I choose PC profile, my projector is disconnected and my PC monitor becomes primary monitor. If I choose TV profile, my PC monitor is disconnected and my projector becomes primary monitor.
Here is the issue when auto refresh changer:
When I switch to projector, the available refresh rate are only valid for PC
When I switch to PC monitor, the available refresh rate are only valid for projector
I also noticed that in EVR mode, it says the refresh rate of current display is at 0HZ.

I'm wondering if it's something wrong with my setup?
Thanks a lot in advance!!
Old 27th February 2010, 14:37   #12046  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

@ikarad
actually that scene renders properly on my machine.

Check "Position subtitles relative to the video frame", it's under subtitles, default style.
Old 27th February 2010, 16:10   #12047  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Dron View Post

Ok, I'll do it customizable.
Thanks!
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
Old 27th February 2010, 17:50   #12048  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post

I changed the aspect ratio of an AVI with XviD using Moitah's MPEG4 Modifier 1.4.4 to "DAR: 16:9" (resulting in a custom PAR for NTSC of 32:27). But MPC-HC displaying the "default" AR still shows it at 720x480 pixels while using the Overlay Mixer as renderer. Using VMR9 Renderless instead, the video was stretched to 16:9.

Is this the expected behaviour? Would it be possible to "support" the Overlay Mixer from the player's side to respect the video internal AR?
I think that is normal because Overlay does not support dynamic resizing like most other renderers do.
Old 27th February 2010, 18:46   #12049  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
@ikarad
actually that scene renders properly on my machine.

Check "Position subtitles relative to the video frame", it's under subtitles, default style.
I check (it still check) but no change.
My parameters:

Last edited by ikarad; 27th February 2010 at 18:52.
Old 27th February 2010, 20:58   #12050  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

@ikarad

Ok, I've been trying sereval setting modifications, but could not track that issue.
Please state your system specs like gpu and so, also your mpc settings like video renderer, used filters, dxva etc...
also make sure you are using the latest MPC HC , DirectX and video drivers.

Last edited by Kado; 27th February 2010 at 21:01.
Old 27th February 2010, 23:51   #12051  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
@ikarad

Ok, I've been trying sereval setting modifications, but could not track that issue.
Please state your system specs like gpu and so, also your mpc settings like video renderer, used filters, dxva etc...
also make sure you are using the latest MPC HC , DirectX and video drivers.
directx 9 (fev 2010)
gtx280 last driver whql (196.xx)
xp sp3
ffdshow video (ffmpeg-mt + deband) and ffdshow audio
mpc-hc 1680 + auto load subtitle function (I use subtitle renderer of mpc-hc)
no dxva
evr sync
Old 28th February 2010, 08:15   #12052  |  Link
jhb50

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedo View Post
MPC-HC dose not display some external subtitles automaticly (ie .srt subtitle files) unless the playing vedio is AVC/H264 encoded or Manually recheck the subtitle menu. Is this A bug?
Yes this is a bug reported under #16 and #68 some months ago. For second language and hearing impaired users who have setup for auto display of subs it is a major annoyance to have to go and set them on manually after playback has started and by then you've already missed the opening dialog and have to restart the playback.

Hopefully someone will please take this problem on.
Old 28th February 2010, 09:35   #12053  |  Link
ARJunior

@ X-Dron

Hi,

Is there a way to be able to select custom resolution (defined from Nvidia control panel) in autochange configuration tool ?

Thanks.
Old 28th February 2010, 09:45   #12054  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
I think that is normal because Overlay does not support dynamic resizing like most other renderers do.
Is this normal too then ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground78 View Post
Overlay Mixer has also a bug with no mod16 video which are not played using internal filters or not correctly cropped with DVXA.
Old 28th February 2010, 11:41   #12055  |  Link
kramcd

Is there a way of rewinding a video file (such as mkv or avi) via a hotkey? I know MPC-HC has speed up and slow down hotkeys, but can there be a true rewind too?
Old 28th February 2010, 12:59   #12056  |  Link
THX-UltraII

I have troubles with my .m2ts filles when playing them without DXVA. Not all, only with the ones that are decoded with VC-1 video (so no problems with the H264 files). When I play a .m2ts vc1 file the video is choppy as hell (looks like it s running very slow, don t know how else to explain). As soon as I switch to DXVA decoding (enable it in ffdshow or the internal DXVA decoder in MPC-HC) it runs fine. However, I don t want DXVA but I want software decoding.
I tried the internal filter of MPC-HC, lastest ffdshow (tried wmv9 and libavcodec both) and I also tried CoreAVC as decoder. With all the same result.
Also tried to output as DTS-MA, regular DTS and 5.1 PCM output but this also doesn t seem the be the problem because the problem remains in all 3 settings.

What could it be?

System:
ATI 5670 with beta 10.3 driver
no aero
latest mpc-hc x64 with EVR custom as renderer and direct sound:ATI as output
lastest ffdshow with RGB32 HQ output

And one more thing I would like to know:
when switching to my Projector profile (1920x1080@23,976Hz) I always have to manually go to the ati CCC and choose 23Hz and apply this. Tried to save the profile at that moment but it doesn t get remembered by the CCC. Switching to my monitor and than back to my Projector profile again displays 24Hz. So I always have to go to the CCC and choose 23Hz and apply before running my HD movies. Is there a workaround for this or am I doing something wrong here?

thanks for all input!
Old 28th February 2010, 14:44   #12057  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground78 View Post
Is this normal too then ?
No. That playback bug is fixable by padding the video. I am not sure about the cropping issue with DXVA.
Old 28th February 2010, 14:51   #12058  |  Link
XhmikosR

@THX-UltraII: Change the renderer to Haali or EVR or enable Frame time correction.
Old 28th February 2010, 14:51   #12059  |  Link
Jong

@testuo55 & ar-jar,

Can I ask you to take a look at this thread over @AVS Forums. Please read down the rest of the page from the linked post. If you were bored you could also read back over the last 48 hours of posts; Especially this.

I have not really seen any other discussion on this around Doom or AVS Forums but it does appear that Overlay on W7 has been substantially improved and commercial Blu-ray players are using this to almost spectacular effect, almost by accident. Even PDVD7 seems to benefit and I am sure it does not have W7 support built in.

I know it is not EVR sync related but, ar-jar, as our resident renderer dev () it may be there is something simple that can be done to assure a greatly improved Overlay renderer on W7. It may be many of these benefits are already there for some cards (or even all, it is a bit early to say)! Worth a look I think.
Old 28th February 2010, 15:22   #12060  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
No. That playback bug is fixable by padding the video. I am not sure about the cropping issue with DXVA.
I think I was not clear (or I may have misunderstood your answer too ) :

- non mod16 (720x404) video using Overlay with DXVA :

The strange bar where you can see Doom9's smilies matches the 12 pixels of padding which should have been cropped when playing (black part is the video but not capture because of overlay).

- non mod16 (720x404) video using Overlay without DXVA but internal filter : playing just doesn't start at all, screen remains black.

- non mod16 (720x404) video using Overlay with external filter (here Divx H264 Decoder) :
everything is fine, it does play and no strange bar at all.

I hope it will make things clearer !
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc