Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 28th May 2021, 12:34   #1  |  Link
DorianDiaconu
Gone Forever

Linux compatible alternatives?

Hi guys, I wasn’t sure in which category will this fit, so sorry if I posted it wrong.

Is there any alternative for VirtualDub2 on Linux?

My usual workflow on Windows is MPEG2CUT2 - Avisynth+ - Vdub, but I don’t know about Linux.

Thanks!
DorianDiaconu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2021, 17:53   #2  |  Link
Richard1485

VirtualDub2 works fine for me under Wine. There's no exact equivalent on Linux. For handling scripts for the Linux build of AviSynth+, use ffplay for previewing and ffmpeg for rendering. You might also look at Avidemux; it might be able to replace some of VirtualDub2's functionality, depending on what exactly you use it for.
Old 28th May 2021, 18:48   #3  |  Link
qyot27
...?

It's likely overkill, but if the system version of FFmpeg has AviSynth enabled, anything built against that FFmpeg - like kdenlive - will open the scripts. This being if you want the ability to visually cut against a timeline, although not in any way similar to how you'd do it in VDub.
qyot27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avisynth, linux, vdub, virtualdub, windows