Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Old 19th July 2018, 09:54   #21  |  Link
ChaosKing

Install havsfunc and you have downloaded 50% of all plugins
Old 19th July 2018, 11:04   #22  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

There's no reason to install more or less obsolete plugins (nnedi3 replaced by znedi3, depan replaced by mvtools, and so on). Or cuda using plugins if you have intel/amd graphics.
Old 19th July 2018, 15:23   #23  |  Link
DJATOM

Is znedi3 really safe? I mean on some sources results looks not that good as on legacy nnedi3, so I think it's fine to have both. Or that was fixed with the latest version?
Old 19th July 2018, 15:59   #24  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJATOM View Post
Is znedi3 really safe? I mean on some sources results looks not that good as on legacy nnedi3, so I think it's fine to have both. Or that was fixed with the latest version?
All bugs should be fixed, if not report one.
Old 19th July 2018, 21:38   #25  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Test7 linked in the first post. I've added the "available" command to list all known package names. This version can also identify a huge number of older releases since vsrupdate.py can now grab release information from the github api AND generate new entries.

The idea is that vsrepo.py will download the latest sources.json from someplace that's regularly updated. But that's coming in a later version. Keep contributing packages (if there's anything meaningful left not already there).

Does anyone actually care about uninstalling? I mean it'd be trivial to delete a dll or two but honestly, would anyone use it?
Old 19th July 2018, 22:04   #26  |  Link
DJATOM

Pretty useless unless you need uninstalling feature for resolving conflicts or so.
Old 19th July 2018, 22:21   #27  |  Link
lansing

I think uninstall still deserve a spot in there. For example if I'm to uninstall havsfunc, I would like to remove all its dependencies as well. I don't want to hunt them down one by one manually.

Playing around with the install command, the success message can be little more informative like stating how many dependencies have been install from the command and stating the location of the installation paths.
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2018, 22:28   #28  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
I think uninstall still deserve a spot in there. For example if I'm to uninstall havsfunc, I would like to remove all its dependencies as well. I don't want to hunt them down one by one manually.

Playing around with the install command, the success message can be little more informative like stating how many dependencies have been install from the command and stating the location of the installation paths.
The problem with uninstalling all dependencies is that then I need to keep track how things happened, not just what they are now. One of the advantages of my backwards approach is that you can simply drop all your existing things into the per user autoload directory and they'll be managed.

Uninstall would only be for individual packages if added but it's easy to do so it'll be in the next test version. Maybe an info command to show the used paths would make sense too.

So the only change you want is showing the number of installed/updated packages?
Old 19th July 2018, 22:50   #29  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
The problem with uninstalling all dependencies is that then I need to keep track how things happened, not just what they are now. One of the advantages of my backwards approach is that you can simply drop all your existing things into the per user autoload directory and they'll be managed.
I'm thinking of some logic like when uninstalling a package, if a plugin was a dependency of another package, then don't uninstall it. There can also be a "force" option to uninstall it anyway. Then if anything had been removed accidentally, just run the "update" command and everything would be okay again.

Quote:
So the only change you want is showing the number of installed/updated packages?
Yes, message like "1 package installed, 10 dependencies installed, 1 dependencies updated" at the end.
Old 20th July 2018, 21:33   #30  |  Link
lansing

I tested installing a 32 bit znedi3 plugin and got this:

Code:
$ python vsrepo.py install znedi3 -t win32
Fetching: https://github.com/sekrit-twc/znedi3/releases/download/r1/znedi3_r1.7z
Successfully installed NNEDI3 Weights r1
No binaries available for win32 in package ZNEDI3, skipping installation
Package(s) installed
The nnedi3 weights bin shouldn't be installed since znedi3 doesn't have a 32 bit version.
Old 20th July 2018, 23:07   #31  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
I tested installing a 32 bit znedi3 plugin and got this:

Code:
$ python vsrepo.py install znedi3 -t win32
Fetching: https://github.com/sekrit-twc/znedi3/releases/download/r1/znedi3_r1.7z
No binaries available for win32 in package ZNEDI3, skipping installation
Package(s) installed
The nnedi3 weights bin shouldn't be installed since znedi3 doesn't have a 32 bit version.
Will be fixed in the next version
Old 21st July 2018, 18:59   #32  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Test8 posted. I guess I'll start experimenting with the final critical part next, an update command that fetches a recent package list.

Notable changes:
Code:
no longer installs dependencies for packages that themselves can't be installed because there are no relevant binaries
nicer summary of what was done at the end of an operation
list command renamed to available
Old 21st July 2018, 22:15   #33  |  Link
lansing

There're still problem on the checking of dependencies compatibility:

Code:
$ python vsrepo.py -t win32 install oyster
Fetching: https://github.com/dubhater/vapoursynth-nnedi3/releases/download/v11/vapoursynth-nnedi3-v11-win32.7z
Successfully installed NNEDI3 v11
Fetching: https://github.com/Khanattila/KNLMeansCL/releases/download/v1.1.1/KNLMeansCL-v1.1.1.zip
Successfully installed KNLMeansCL v1.1.1
Fetching: ftp://ftp.fftw.org/pub/fftw/fftw-3.3.5-dll32.zip
Successfully installed FFTW3 Library 3.3.5
Fetching: https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/VapourSynth-BM3D/releases/download/r7/BM3D-r7.7z
Successfully installed BM3D r7
Fetching: https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/VapourSynth-DFTTest/releases/download/r4/DFTTest-r4.7z
Successfully installed DFTTest r4
Fetching: https://github.com/EleonoreMizo/fmtconv/releases/download/r20/fmtconv-r20.zip
Successfully installed fmtconv r20
No binaries available for win32 in package MVTools (float), skipping installation
7 missing dependencies installed
This package shouldn't be install either because one of its dependencies (mvtools float) doesn't have a 32 bit version. Also it doesn't catch znedi3's incompatibility.
Old 21st July 2018, 22:57   #34  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
There're still problem on the checking of dependencies compatibility:

Code:
$ python vsrepo.py -t win32 install oyster
Fetching: https://github.com/dubhater/vapoursynth-nnedi3/releases/download/v11/vapoursynth-nnedi3-v11-win32.7z
Successfully installed NNEDI3 v11
Fetching: https://github.com/Khanattila/KNLMeansCL/releases/download/v1.1.1/KNLMeansCL-v1.1.1.zip
Successfully installed KNLMeansCL v1.1.1
Fetching: ftp://ftp.fftw.org/pub/fftw/fftw-3.3.5-dll32.zip
Successfully installed FFTW3 Library 3.3.5
Fetching: https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/VapourSynth-BM3D/releases/download/r7/BM3D-r7.7z
Successfully installed BM3D r7
Fetching: https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/VapourSynth-DFTTest/releases/download/r4/DFTTest-r4.7z
Successfully installed DFTTest r4
Fetching: https://github.com/EleonoreMizo/fmtconv/releases/download/r20/fmtconv-r20.zip
Successfully installed fmtconv r20
No binaries available for win32 in package MVTools (float), skipping installation
7 missing dependencies installed
This package shouldn't be install either because one of its dependencies (mvtools float) doesn't have a 32 bit version. Also it doesn't catch znedi3's incompatibility.
Actually it does work. I fetch nnedi3_weights.bin from the znedi3 release archive and nothing else so no problem there.

Oyster being installable is the result of dependencies not being treated as required when no binaries exist. Not really a big deal. Ff it bothers you a lot simply annoy whoever didn't realease 32bit binaries into doing so.
Old 21st July 2018, 23:18   #35  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Actually it does work. I fetch nnedi3_weights.bin from the znedi3 release archive and nothing else so no problem there.

Oyster being installable is the result of dependencies not being treated as required when no binaries exist. Not really a big deal. Ff it bothers you a lot simply annoy whoever didn't realease 32bit binaries into doing so.
I don't use 32 bit anymore myself but I just feel like the error checkings should be more robust on different scenarios.
Old 22nd July 2018, 00:12   #36  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
I don't use 32 bit anymore myself but I just feel like the error checkings should be more robust on different scenarios.
I'll just leave that case for now as it'd require a huge number of changes and be of little use. I did fix another related edge case though when binaries exist but in an older release.
Old 22nd July 2018, 15:48   #37  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Test9 posted. Now it's basically feature complete. I guess. Have fun.

Changes:
Code:
Added update command which fetches the latest package definitions
Added uninstall command
Mark upgradable packages in a clearer way
Install binaries from an older version if the most recent version doesn't have it
Old 23rd July 2018, 14:04   #38  |  Link
lansing

After I installed a bunch of packages for testing, I got an error about missing "libfftw3-3.dll" when opening vs editor. I think it has to do with the dfttest package. But I do have that file in my global plugin64 folder in program files.
Old 23rd July 2018, 16:45   #39  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
After I installed a bunch of packages for testing, I got an error about missing "libfftw3-3.dll" when opening vs editor. I think it has to do with the dfttest package. But I do have that file in my global plugin64 folder in program files.
Doh, I didn't add it to the fftw3 package since I thought everything uses the si gle precision version. Will fix.
Old 24th July 2018, 22:27   #40  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Test10 available. Even closer to done now.

Changes:
Code:
On upgrade the currently installed version is first uninstalled to avoid leftover files
upgrade all is now upgrade-all
Nice progress bars if tqdm is installed
Use sha256 instead of sha1
Go test it some more, as usual there are a few more packages.