Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 6th January 2017, 21:48   #25441  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Hi guys I have Knight Rider tv Show from 80s in full Bluray, as you know each disc has 3 or 4 episodies and I need to extract each one on MKV file in 720p and 1080p but I just donīt know how can I do that with BD rebuilder?

Iīll appreciate your help, and I hope all of you have a very good year
The easiest way is to choose ALTERNATE output and select a format. For example, if you want to keep them intact, you can choose an intact option. If not, choose the one you want (720p, 1080p etc.), and then choose a quality level. The default of 23 is very good, but if you want near-perfect change it to 18. There are other options too, depending on your preference.

After you select the disc as your source, go to the BATCH tab and right click on it. Select "Add multiple Playlists to Queue" and choose the playlists for each of the episodes. Then just run the batch job. When it's done you will have all 3 or 4 episodes each in a separate MKV file. Repeat for all discs.

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th January 2017 at 21:52.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2017, 22:48   #25442  |  Link
Buckskin

MKV Import Issues

I am trying to create a BD with menu from a collection of mkvs and I am having some issues and I am not sure if they are bugs or me not setting things up properly.
1. The files all import OK, the menu shows all the files and allows me to edit the menu titles, however, one of the files is just under 3 mins long but even with both Import time & Menu time set to 1 the BD created includes the option on the menu but the m2ts is not included in the Stream directory. When the menu option is selected nothing happens (no crash). I can copy the m2ts file and associated cli files from the import directories into the BD directories and everything works.
2. In another set of files I have an audio track that imports OK but the timing delay is ignored, so although in sync when playing the mkv it is not in sync in the BD
3. In another set everything is fine except I can't get a required subtitle track to be forced even though it works in the mkv file (I tried both Full Backup & Quick Play)

A query, if I import an mkv file (of say 17Gb) and specify a custom target the BD is expanded to be close to this size (importing a BD direct does not do this) so the question is, is this supposed to happen and does it result in a better picture? (I am assuming that the bit rate is increased to cause this)

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Config ini for Set 3 but apart from the Menu Background I do not change anything

Code:
[Options]
VERSION=0.50.0.20
ENCODER=0
MODE=2
ENCODE_QUALITY=0
ONEPASS_ENCODING=0
AUTO_QUALITY=1
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;jpn;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;jpn;
SD_CONVERT=0
OPEN_GOP=0
RESIZE_1080=0
RESIZE_1440=0
RESIZE_720=0
DEINTERLACE=1
SD_TO_1080=0
IGNORE_3D=0
CONVERT_WIDE=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
AC3_192=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AUDIO_DRC=0
DECODER=0
AVCHD=1
REMOVE_WORKFILES=0
REMOVE_OUTPUT=0
USE_FILTERS=0
BDMV_CERT_ONLY=0
IVTC_PULLDOWN=0
ASSUME_DVD_PAL=1
FRIMSOURCE=0
COMPLETION_BEEP=0
OUTPUT_SBS=0
NEROAAC=1
SUPTITLE=0
PGSTOSRT=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=0
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=24400
AUTO_BURN=2

IMPORT_THRESHOLD=1
QUICK_PLAY_THRESHOLD=1

IMPORT_LIMIT_LANG=0
IMPORT_KEEP_PLAYALL=0

MENU_BACKGROUND=F:\Film\Ghost in the Shell Arise\Menu Background.png
MENU_AUDIO=E:\Video Utility\BD Rebuilder\tools\blankclip\blank.ac3
MENU_FONT=Arial Rounded MT Bold
MENU_AUTO_BACKGROUND=1
MENU_AUTO_DVDAUDIO=0
MENU_PLAY_SEQUENTIAL=0
MENU_START_WITH_MENU=1
MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR=YELLOW
MENU_TOP=300

TARGET_SIZE=24400
[Paths]
NeroAACPath=E:\Video Utility\EAC3to\neroAacEnc.exe
WORKING_PATH=H:\WORKING\
SOURCE_PATH=H:\WORKING\IMPORTS\GHOST_IN_THE_SHELL_ARISE\
Buckskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2017, 23:26   #25443  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The easiest way is to choose ALTERNATE output and select a format. For example, if you want to keep them intact, you can choose an intact option. If not, choose the one you want (720p, 1080p etc.), and then choose a quality level. The default of 23 is very good, but if you want near-perfect change it to 18. There are other options too, depending on your preference.

After you select the disc as your source, go to the BATCH tab and right click on it. Select "Add multiple Playlists to Queue" and choose the playlists for each of the episodes. Then just run the batch job. When it's done you will have all 3 or 4 episodes each in a separate MKV file. Repeat for all discs.
Thank you for your help but I donīt know what I doing wrong but When I select Full appears the various episodes that the disc contain but when I select Movie only just appears one episode and just donīt let me to do nothing. Again Iīll appreciate some help

Screens

Full mode

Movie only

Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2017, 23:52   #25444  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
A query, if I import an mkv file (of say 17Gb) and specify a custom target the BD is expanded to be close to this size (importing a BD direct does not do this) so the question is, is this supposed to happen and does it result in a better picture?
Yes and no. I do not know why jdobbs does recode and make a file larger in order to fit the custom size. IMHO, if all the files that are being placed on the disc fit under the requested size, leave them alone. Recoding files because they would be over the requested size is when recoding should be done. That said, there are MKV wrapped files that are not compliant with the Blu-ray specs, so recoding is needed, no matter what. I believe that jdobbs recodes no matter what so that he knows the video will be compliant.

Recoding to a larger size can not, and will not, improve the quality. That is not the way digital works. You can't get something from nothing.

If you go back thru the posts, you will find a posting from me describing what it takes to build a Blu-ray from imported MKV files, without any recoding. If I have issues with a video, I do all of my recoding myself. The steps I takes to build a disc, may, or may not, solve your issues. But, it sounds like it won't.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2017, 23:55   #25445  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Thank you for your help but I donīt know what I doing wrong but When I select Full appears the various episodes that the disc contain but when I select Movie only just appears one episode and just donīt let me to do nothing. Again Iīll appreciate some help
Your images are too small, therefore unreadable.

Post your INI config file.
Old 7th January 2017, 00:11   #25446  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
You have to select Movie-Only in order to set an ALTERNATE output. That's the only way you can create an MKV. You can then select a playlist one at a time if you want to. But, when you want to do all the episodes at once, you can just go to the Batch tab, right click, and select "Add multiple Playlists to Queue" and select the ones you want to process. That way you can add all the episodes in a single step (they will be processed one-at-a-time automatically).
Old 7th January 2017, 00:14   #25447  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Yes and no. I do not know why jdobbs does recode and make a file larger in order to fit the custom size. IMHO, if all the files that are being placed on the disc fit under the requested size, leave them alone. Recoding files because they would be over the requested size is when recoding should be done. That said, there are MKV wrapped files that are not compliant with the Blu-ray specs, so recoding is needed, no matter what. I believe that jdobbs recodes no matter what so that he knows the video will be compliant.

Recoding to a larger size can not, and will not, improve the quality. That is not the way digital works. You can't get something from nothing.

If you go back thru the posts, you will find a posting from me describing what it takes to build a Blu-ray from imported MKV files, without any recoding. If I have issues with a video, I do all of my recoding myself. The steps I takes to build a disc, may, or may not, solve your issues. But, it sounds like it won't.
It's very rare that an imported MKV is blu-ray compatible. That's why the default is to encode. You can set the hidden option to force no encoding -- but only rarely is it a good idea, and only if you KNOW DEFINITELY that the source meets all the Blu-Ray compatibility requirements. Frankly I don't think I've ever seen one that does unless it was created by BD-RB using the Intact Audio/Intact Video setting from a pristine BD source.
Old 7th January 2017, 00:33   #25448  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:

Thank you Jdbbs but in few words? When I select Full movie, on Bd rebulder appears the three episodies that contain the disc but if I select Only movie on the Bd rebuilder appears the option to only one episode and very long (just like if Bd rebuilder takes the three episodes as one)

That is all my problem, I select Only movie and Bd rebuilder appears that, if I select full movie, appears all three
Old 7th January 2017, 01:09   #25449  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Have made some more thinking and testing..

multiAVCHD puts a couple of avchd folders on the structure, but AVCHDCoder don't so those are not the issue. The only thing I could think of was the index.bdmv and MovieObject.bdmv and after comparing I definately can see they differ from the BD-RB generated ones. I must say though, that I don't have the knowledge as to what these files really do. Also there is probably more files that come into play, that I don't know of. Anyhow just to test I copied the multiAVCHD ones to the BD-RB discs folder and the result is no more error message on the old Sony. Ofcourse the movie didn't start but hey it's a tiny bit of progress, right?

//LD
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2017, 05:25   #25450  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Frankly I don't think I've ever seen one that does unless it was created by BD-RB using the Intact Audio/Intact Video setting from a pristine BD source.
Except those few of use who do their own H.264 encoding.
Old 7th January 2017, 14:32   #25451  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Thank you Jdbbs but in few words? When I select Full movie, on Bd rebulder appears the three episodies that contain the disc but if I select Only movie on the Bd rebuilder appears the option to only one episode and very long (just like if Bd rebuilder takes the three episodes as one)

That is all my problem, I select Only movie and Bd rebuilder appears that, if I select full movie, appears all three
I've answered you clearly twice, but you're asking the same question again. Please go back and read my original answer and the follow-up. What shows in the window means nothing... go to the Batch tab, right click, and select the playlists...
Old 8th January 2017, 01:17   #25452  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:

Thank you dear Jdobbs and sorry (my mistake, I donīt read all that, but that was without bad intention), so I just tryied that you said but I get the same, I know what you mind but I canīt get it works

An example, the disc as you know has three episodes and when I right click on BATCH I should see the playlist for each one for each episode (please tell me if I get wrong?) but when click right this appears (only one playlist with almost 3hs

So, I honestly do not want to bother you but I have this problem. And I do not know what else to try all I need is to extract each episode
Old 8th January 2017, 04:19   #25453  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Thank you dear Jdobbs and sorry (my mistake, I donīt read all that, but that was without bad intention), so I just tryied that you said but I get the same, I know what you mind but I canīt get it works

An example, the disc as you know has three episodes and when I right click on BATCH I should see the playlist for each one for each episode (please tell me if I get wrong?) but when click right this appears (only one playlist with almost 3hs

So, I honestly do not want to bother you but I have this problem. And I do not know what else to try all I need is to extract each episode
Yeah, that's a little different. In that case they've probably used one playlist to hold 3 episodes. It's possible they use the chapter points as the indicators. I've seen that on DVDs before (see the hidden option IMPORT_DVD_CHAPS), but never on a Blu-ray disc. It's more likely they've combined multiple M2TS files into a single playlist and use jump points (I think I've seen that before). I may need to see if I can find a disc from that series... I really don't want to buy the whole series just to have a look at it. It's weird that there is only one playlist available in the list -- that's for sure.
Old 8th January 2017, 05:06   #25454  |  Link
MrVideo

The BDEdit program can be used to look at the disc's playlists.
Old 9th January 2017, 13:19   #25455  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Yeah, that's a little different. In that case they've probably used one playlist to hold 3 episodes. It's possible they use the chapter points as the indicators. I've seen that on DVDs before (see the hidden option IMPORT_DVD_CHAPS), but never on a Blu-ray disc. It's more likely they've combined multiple M2TS files into a single playlist and use jump points (I think I've seen that before). I may need to see if I can find a disc from that series... I really don't want to buy the whole series just to have a look at it. It's weird that there is only one playlist available in the list -- that's for sure.
Thank you jdobbs I just do that for see whats happens but still the problem
Old 9th January 2017, 20:58   #25456  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Thank you jdobbs I just do that for see whats happens but still the problem
Download the BDEdit program, as mentioned, and use it to look at the disc's playlist structure. The program is free.
Old 9th January 2017, 23:36   #25457  |  Link
ggtop

Now you see me 2: audio sync issues

Hi,

I'm having an audio delay when backing up "Now you see me 2" as alternatate output. Movie is multi-part (00003.mpls) and consists of 3 M2TS files:
1. studio logo clip (23 sec) 00003.m2ts
2. movie (2:09h) 00006.m2ts
3. short clip (1 sec) 00005.m2ts

Audio seems to be off exactly by the length of the first file.
I also tried to import the original rip and created a quick authored BD which behaves the same. Just wanted to see if a single M2TS has the same issue.
If I demux 00003.m2ts manually with TSMuxerGUI there are audio files with 23 sec of silence.

Along some screenshots from BD-RB and BDEdit if that helps.

It is the German version of that movie. Maybe someone has the same disc...

Just doing a BD 25 backup. Curious how that one comes out.

Thank you in advance
ggtop
Attached Images

Last edited by ggtop; 9th January 2017 at 23:42.
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2017, 00:05   #25458  |  Link
jdobbs

@ggtop

I'll try the US version and see if it has the same issue.
Old 10th January 2017, 09:23   #25459  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
Just doing a BD 25 backup. Curious how that one comes out.
Just tested a BD25 backup. Audio is fine. Next test is an alternate movie-only output from BD25 input.

ggtop
Old 10th January 2017, 10:32   #25460  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
Next test is an alternate movie-only output from BD25 input.
Just created an MP4 with intact video and AAC from BD-RB processed BD25 output and it has the same ~ 23 sec delay.
Obviously the audio from segment 00003.m2ts is not taken into account on demuxing as I can see/hear that extracted file 00003.track_4352.dts does not contain 23 sec silence in the beginning.

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 10th January 2017 at 10:38.