Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 25th May 2008, 04:09   #1  |  Link
nav111

hd dvd to wmv problems

hi,
I am trying to convert my some of my hd dvds to wmv using procedure i found this forum.
I created the a file using graph edit for audio and video, .avs file for audio and video, and a .bat in which it uses WMCmd.vbs script to start the encoding. I am using the WMV9 codec.
i found the procedure here:http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=123010
Well the problem is the script starts encoding but it its memory usage also increases as time goes on. halfway into encoding, the script was using 2.2 gig of my ram.. and it never finishes completely as it crashes at random places. is the memory usage something common?? I know it is encoding for sure because i was able to play the partially completed wmv file in my xbox.
I also get the "Encoder failed to retreive the duration attribute from source plug in Trying an Alternative way...." error, not sure if it means anything. Soooo any ideas of what could the problem be?
I am following the exact procedure from olivierdb in that link above...

Thanks
Nav
nav111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2008, 13:46   #2  |  Link
jeffy

Unsure if it might help; put the line SetMemoryMax(512) (or a lower value than 512) at the beginning of your script.
jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote