Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd May 2020, 18:01   #1  |  Link
scenarist

Back to submenu

Hi,
I'm using Scenarist SD. In my new project I want to have in total 4 menus: one in Video Manager, one as Root Menu in VTS and two submenus in the same language folder in VTS. I've created all of this and now I would like to go back to the submenu after the video finishes but I can't do it. All I can is go back to Root Menu. Could you tell me what am I doing wrong? How can I go back to submenu after the video finishes?
Thanks in advance
scenarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2020, 21:23   #2  |  Link
mp3dom

You can jump to every PGC in a Video Manager but only root/audio submenu inside each VTS. If you want to go to a different PGC you need to use GPRMs and add pre-command checks. So, basically, you return to the Root Menu of the VTS and in the precommand you put the code that jump to another PGC under certain conditions.
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 13:37   #3  |  Link
rik1138

Actually, there's 5 different menus you can jump to within a VTS- Root, Audio, Subtitle, Angle and PTT (Part of Title). Since almost no one uses anything other than Root (and I've only ever seen one player remote with the other menus as actual buttons), using the other 4 is a great way to do it. (Just disable the UOP for jumping straight to those menus from the video, just to be safe).
So make the Submenu you want to jump to an Angle Menu. Then at the end of the video, make your POST command a 'Jump to PGC in System Space' and select 'Angle Menu PGC' from drop down list, instead of Root. Eliminates the need for extra Pre commands for jumping to other PGCs...

A common practice in authoring is to make the Root PGC of every VTS a dummy PGC (no actual menu in it). The only way to get to the Root PGC (for the end user) is by pressing the menu button on the remote. So you will always know, if the disc is now accessing the Root PGC, it's because the user hit the Menu button while watching the video in the VTS, and you can program the Pre commands of that PGC to do what you want the user to see when they hit the Menu button. Makes it easier to keep track of what the user is doing...
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 21:30   #4  |  Link
scenarist

Thank you for your advices! It's really helpful
scenarist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back, menu, scenarist sd, submenu