Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 27th June 2020, 19:54   #1441  |  Link
zybex

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
I need help with TFM/TDecimate. I ripped a Japanese music video from Blu-ray for deinterlacing...
I'm pretty much tearing my hair out here so any advice/tips are very much welcome.
Is it OK for you ?
https://mega.nz/file/X4oTCaAR#gk4A2P...8Na5MVXVCDqOXQ
zybex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2020, 21:28   #1442  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zybex View Post
Well, no. That's been deinterlaced only and runs at 29.97 fps with a duplicate frame in every 5-frame segment. Not what I was trying to achieve. Thanks for giving it a shot, though.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2020, 19:28   #1443  |  Link
hello_hello

I'm a bit rushed so I can't check the whole thing frame by frame now, but the scene change you mentioned seems to be duplicate free if you do this:

TFM(micmatching=0).TDecimate()

I think there's telecine each side of the scene change, and possibly an orphaned field or two (shoot me if I sound like Katie), and maybe in an attempt to make it a whole frame TFM is trying too hard to find a matching field, so when it does it creates an extra duplicate frame instead of dropping the orphaned fields. Or maybe that's a load of bullocks....

taxi_clip.mkv

Last edited by hello_hello; 28th June 2020 at 19:46.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2020, 20:41   #1444  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
I'm a bit rushed so I can't check the whole thing frame by frame now, but the scene change you mentioned seems to be duplicate free if you do this
Thank you for taking the time! I went through your clip frame-by-frame, and found only two instances of frame duplicates (at 00:27.110 and 00:44.169), neither of which were in the tricky section I described. Very promising indeed! I'll process the entire video with micmatching disabled and we'll see what happens. Thanks!
Old 28th June 2020, 22:08   #1445  |  Link
hello_hello

00:44.169 is the last frame, so I'm not sure it should count, especially as the video was cut at the end.

It looks as though the duplicate frame around 00:27.110 might have been a decoding oddity. I've decided to pretend it didn't happen once I've finished typing this post, but I couldn't work out why there was a duplicate frame encoded, yet I couldn't see one looking at the script, until I remembered I indexed and decoded with ffms2 last time and Lsmash this time, so I tried ffms2 again and sure enough, the duplicate frame re-appeared. Back to Lsmash, no duplicate.

I'm using XP compatible versions of lsmash and ffms2, so hopefully it's just an "old ffms2" thing.

Last edited by hello_hello; 28th June 2020 at 22:13.
Old 29th June 2020, 14:19   #1446  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
00:44.169 is the last frame, so I'm not sure it should count, especially as the video was cut at the end.
Yeah, good point.

Quote:
It looks as though the duplicate frame around 00:27.110 might have been a decoding oddity.
I'll stick with Lsmash then; should have time to finally test this out today. Thanks!

Last edited by colinhunt; 29th June 2020 at 15:52.
Old 29th June 2020, 15:21   #1447  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
I'm using XP compatible versions of lsmash and ffms2, so hopefully it's just an "old ffms2" thing.
Why old? ffms2 C plugin XP compatible was last updated on the 3rd of May 2020 here: https://rwijnsma.home.xs4all.nl/files/ffms2/
You'll find next updated builds on that website.
Reino keeps both ffmpeg and ffms2 updated and XP Compatible.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 15:39   #1448  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranceBB View Post
Not only XP compatible, Reino's builds do not even require a SSE2 capable CPU. Plus these builds are extremely well tested and totally reliable.

Now that the Zeranoe forum has disappeared it is a little bit hard to find Reino's builds. I hope that he will open a new thread about his builds right here at Doom9...
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 15:50   #1449  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

FranceBB,
Methinks that you are just the guy to maintain thread/list of all things XP compatible,
wadya think HH, is he the guy ?
EDIT: Same Q to Mani.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 15:53   #1450  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Back to Lsmash, no duplicate.
For some unfathomable reason LSMASH refuses to open the source .m2ts. I can't understand why. An issue with Staxrip 2.1.1.4?

LWLibavVideoSource opens it fine, but micmatching=0 doesn't produce the results I hoped for: a duplicate frame raises its ugly head at 00:21.355. Did not bother to check the rest of the file, tbh.

Tested DSS2 as a source filter; opens .m2ts fine but same duplicate frame pops up. I even gave VapourSynth a shot, with VFM and VDecimate, to a horrible result of duplicate frames everywhere.
Old 29th June 2020, 16:00   #1451  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

LSmashVideoSource is for ISO containers only, according to my list M2TS is not type ISO.
Code:
    Function IsISOFileName(String s)        {s=RT_GetFileExtension(s) Return(s==".mov"||s==".mp4"||s==".m4v"||s==".3gp"||s==".3gpp2"||s==".3g2"||s==".mj2"||s==".dvb"||
                                            \ s==".dcf"||s==".m21"||s==".m4a"||s==".m4b"||s==".m4p"||s==".k3g"||s==".jpm"||s==".jpx"||s==".mqv"||s==".ismv"||s==".isma"||s==".f4v")}
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IE...ia_file_format

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...tainer_formats

EDIT: Sort of related, ftyp's :- http://www.ftyps.com/
Also see note 1 [what is an ftyp] (a sort of FourCC).

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 29th June 2020 at 16:10.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 17:30   #1452  |  Link
colinhunt

Enabled Display option for TDecimate to see what the heck it was doing, and discovered that TFM is outputting duplicate frames that break the cadence which seems to confuse TDecimate. In the attached pic you see six duplicates instead of five in a 25 frame cycle, and TDecimate leaves duplicate frame 636 in.
Attached Images

Old 29th June 2020, 23:19   #1453  |  Link
hello_hello

I think you've already tried increasing the cycle size for TDecimate, but have you tried giving it total discretion? You could try mode=7 first, but mode=2 on a second pass is sometimes a little better.

1st pass:
TFM(Output="TFM.txt")
TDecimate(Output="TDecimate.txt", Mode=4, rate=24.0/1.001)

2nd pass:
TFM(Input="TFM.txt")
TDecimate(Input="TDecimate.txt", Mode=2, TFMIn="TFM.txt", rate=24.0/1.001)

You sure it's not the broken cadence that causes TFM to create an extra duplicate frame when it has to rather than it being the other way around. If the cadence keeps changing, TFM can't do more than work with what it's given, so to speak.
Old 29th June 2020, 23:30   #1454  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranceBB View Post
Why old? ffms2 C plugin XP compatible was last updated on the 3rd of May 2020 here: https://rwijnsma.home.xs4all.nl/files/ffms2/
You'll find next updated builds on that website.
Before this moment I was complete oblivious to it. I've done my ffmpeg shopping there for quite a while, but never thought to move away from that page (I bookmarked it) and browse the other aisles.

Cheers.
Old 30th June 2020, 13:56   #1455  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
I think you've already tried increasing the cycle size for TDecimate, but have you tried giving it total discretion? You could try mode=7 first, but mode=2 on a second pass is sometimes a little better.
Yeah, I've tried various cycle sizes, and also mode 2 as well. There's been so many variations that I can no longer remember which mode I used when doing 2pass like you outlined. I'll give it a shot regardless.

Quote:
You sure it's not the broken cadence that causes TFM to create an extra duplicate frame when it has to rather than it being the other way around. If the cadence keeps changing, TFM can't do more than work with what it's given, so to speak.
You're right; I can't be sure what's causing the extra duplicate(s) that break the cadence so TDecimate can't do its job. To be honest, I would not be surprised to learn that the original has somehow been borked in production.
Old 30th June 2020, 14:27   #1456  |  Link
zybex

@colinhunt

You can try use some filters from "Duplicate Frame Detectors" after "Tdecimate", to remove remaining duplicate frames.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Externa...rame_Detectors
zybex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2020, 15:17   #1457  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zybex View Post
@colinhunt
You can try use some filters from "Duplicate Frame Detectors" after "Tdecimate", to remove remaining duplicate frames.
Sure, but simply dropping the dups would mess up the frame rate.
Old 30th June 2020, 15:52   #1458  |  Link
colinhunt

@pinterf

I'm running TDecimate 1.0.4 in Staxrip 2.1.1.4, with display=true. While most frames give values like "53.94 182819" and "1.03 3485", every now and then I see things like "5442416468121445.00 18446744073709551615" which feels like it can't be correct.
Old 23rd September 2020, 15:51   #1459  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Since nobody is mentioning it, for those who don't have Github Notifications turned on, I'm gonna say it: Ferenc released a new version of TDeint (v1.7) to address an high bit depth issue related to edeint. https://github.com/pinterf/TIVTC/releases
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2020, 12:24   #1460  |  Link
pinterf

Yep, new versions out there: TDeint 1.7 (September 2020) and TIVTC 1.0.22 (August 2020)
Bugfix versions.
pinterf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tdeint, tivtc