Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 31st January 2015, 00:29   #1121  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I reported before on my 860M there is no bug with render time increases.
Watched a 45 min video with SuperRES NNDI enabled and no bug present. Might be a Keplar bug as my 860M is Maxwell.
Same here. Can't duplicate any render time increases both full screen and windowed. Nvidia 850 gtx gpu confirmed used in an hp optimus notebook. NNEDI3 5 pass on 640 video latest drivers win 8.1
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 04:47   #1122  |  Link
Zachs
Suptitle, MediaPlayer.NET

@Anima123
Maybe you should upload the clip so we could all test with the same settings and media, as no one else seems to be able to replicate the problem.
Zachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 07:07   #1123  |  Link
Anima123

Do you guys has some video clips that has a scale factor more than 2.0 when playing in the native resolution, such as 720 x 404 to 1920 x 1080? The latest SuperRes suffers from that by introducing 'slowly increasing the size each pass' feature, which is easier to trigger.

For 720p to 1080p, I can playback it very fluently with no rendering time increase if NEDI not enabled, and the quality is quite nice to me.
Anima123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 07:22   #1124  |  Link
Zachs

So with NEDI enabled even 720p to 1080p will trigger the problem?
In that case, all the other people with Optimus have tested and found no such problem...
Old 31st January 2015, 07:38   #1125  |  Link
Anima123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachs View Post
So with NEDI enabled even 720p to 1080p will trigger the problem?
In that case, all the other people with Optimus have tested and found no such problem...
Actually I took ryrynz's advice via PM and tried the 'high performance' status of my 880M, and the rendering time increase still there with 720p -> 1080p, SuperRes with NEDI enabled. The increase is gradually and slowly though.

Now the only way using SuperRes and didn't suffer this is plain SuperRes.

And I also found, for low-resolution videos, SuperChromRes + SuperRes will suffer the creepy rendering time increase, while the same configuration for 720p videos not.
Anima123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 07:55   #1126  |  Link
ryrynz

Upload your video to a file sharing site and send me a PM, I'll test it with SuperChromaRes enabled as well with and without NEDI.
What are your rendering times like at start? and as it creeps up, what does it stop at if anything? I was running latest drivers for the GTX 850m, make sure you are also.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 03:34   #1127  |  Link
Shiandow

The latest extensions now have a renderscript called "Preset Group" which makes it possible define several different configurations and then switch between them using a hotkey. It's also possible to use such a Preset Group as part of another Preset Group or a Script Chain, that way you can have multiple hotkeys to control different parts of the processing.

Edit: Oh and I made a small change to the debanding script, it should now preserve colours a bit better.
Shiandow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 03:41   #1128  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiandow View Post
The latest extensions now have a renderscript called "Preset Group" which makes it possible define several different configurations and then switch between them using a hotkey. It's also possible to use such a Preset Group as part of another Preset Group or a Script Chain, that way you can have multiple hotkeys to control different parts of the processing.

Edit: Oh and I made a small change to the debanding script, it should now preserve colours a bit better.
Great stuff!!

Those who've requested switching between multiple render chains via shortcut keys, your wish has come true!

Thank you do much Shiandow!
Old 1st February 2015, 05:28   #1129  |  Link
Blackfyre

Shiandow & Zachs

Thanks guys. Glad my request for switching between multiple render chains via shortcuts was added I shall do some testing.

Edit: I probably need instructions, because I can't see how to configure it.

Last edited by Blackfyre; 1st February 2015 at 07:10.
Blackfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 17:49   #1130  |  Link
nekromantik

How do I know if NNDI is actually working?
Also is SuperChromaRes meant to go first then SuperRes?
nekromantik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 18:46   #1131  |  Link
Shiandow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post
Shiandow & Zachs
Edit: I probably need instructions, because I can't see how to configure it.
You can add renderscripts to a Preset Group by selecting a renderscript type at the bottom, and then clicking add. You can then configure this renderscript by double clicking it, or selecting it and clicking configure. You can give a Preset Group it's own name by filling in a name at the top left, and you can give it a hotkey by typing in a hotkey in the top right.

Quote:
How do I know if NNDI is actually working?
Also is SuperChromaRes meant to go first then SuperRes?
Well if NEDI is working then the corners of the image should move slightly, although if that's the only way you can notice a difference then it might not be worth it. It might be easier to see if you configure a Preset Group, adding one preset with NEDI and another one without, then you can turn NEDI on or off with a hotkey.
And yes, SuperChromaRes should be used before SuperRes. In almost all cases it should be the very first in the script chain.
Old 1st February 2015, 19:09   #1132  |  Link
nekromantik

Quote:
You can add renderscripts to a Preset Group by selecting a renderscript type at the bottom, and then clicking add. You can then configure this renderscript by double clicking it, or selecting it and clicking configure. You can give a Preset Group it's own name by filling in a name at the top left, and you can give it a hotkey by typing in a hotkey in the top right.

Well if NEDI is working then the corners of the image should move slightly, although if that's the only way you can notice a difference then it might not be worth it. It might be easier to see if you configure a Preset Group, adding one preset with NEDI and another one without, then you can turn NEDI on or off with a hotkey.
And yes, SuperChromaRes should be used before SuperRes. In almost all cases it should be the very first in the script chain.
Thanks

Reason I asked was my render times was only 23 with 3 runs of NEDI and super res. Im on a optimus laptop so should be higher.
Old 1st February 2015, 21:13   #1133  |  Link
Shiandow

Quote:
Thanks

Reason I asked was my render times was only 23 with 3 runs of NEDI and super res. Im on a optimus laptop so should be higher.
Does it increase when you enable NEDI?
Old 1st February 2015, 21:39   #1134  |  Link
nekromantik

Quote:
Does it increase when you enable NEDI?
Nope no render time difference but if I change the SuperRes passes from 3 to 6 there is a small 5 - 8 ms difference.
Looks like NEDI is not being applied as off and on no difference.

Last edited by nekromantik; 1st February 2015 at 21:45.
Old 1st February 2015, 22:05   #1135  |  Link
Shiandow

Quote:
Nope no render time difference but if I change the SuperRes passes from 3 to 6 there is a small 5 - 8 ms difference.
Just to be sure, you're actually enabling NEDI in the SuperRes settings, not just adding copies of the NEDI script after the SuperRes script?
Old 1st February 2015, 22:09   #1136  |  Link
nekromantik

Quote:
Just to be sure, you're actually enabling NEDI in the SuperRes settings, not just adding copies of the NEDI script after the SuperRes script?
I just installed the latest version of player and scripts and now it works.
I get increased render time a bit when NEDI is ticked in SuperRes.
And Yes I was using it in SuperRes.
Thanks for help.

One more thing, the resize script, do you still need it if you watching on 4k tv? Or will SuperRes upscale auto to output res?
Old 1st February 2015, 22:12   #1137  |  Link
Shiandow

Quote:
I just installed the latest version of player and scripts and now it works.
I get increased render time a bit when NEDI is ticked in SuperRes.
And Yes I was using it in SuperRes.
Thanks for help.

One more thing, the resize script, do you still need it if you watching on 4k tv? Or will SuperRes upscale auto to output res?
SuperRes will scale directly to the output resolution, but even if it didn't MDPN always resizes the final output to the correct size.
Old 1st February 2015, 22:22   #1138  |  Link
nekromantik

Quote:
SuperRes will scale directly to the output resolution, but even if it didn't MDPN always resizes the final output to the correct size.
Thanks
I will probably make a script chain group for anything less then 4k with SuperChroma and SuperRes and then for 4k no chain.
Old 1st February 2015, 22:59   #1139  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Just another thing to add. Render time isn't a true indication of the amount of work the GPU was doing - it's merely the time it took to do the work it was given. This time could be lower even when it's working harder, simply because GPU clock rates have been increased (automatically by the driver/hardware).

The GPU load (via GPU-Z) is a better indicator. Render time is only useful for finding out if your GPU is fast enough to run an algo/render chain - it doesn't tell you how much headroom the GPU has.
Old 2nd February 2015, 00:27   #1140  |  Link
Garteal

I've been working on extending the playlist of Mpdn into something I've personally been looking for for a while. As a bonus I've also tried to make it look a little more attractive.

This will probably be mostly useful for people who watch anime with chapters and want to watch a bunch in one seating.
Simply key in all the chapters you want to skip, where it should skip to the next video on the playlist, sit back on your chair/couch and enjoy the show.
Everything should be pretty straight-forward.

The new features added are:
  • skipping chapters you don't want to see
  • skip to the next video or end the video when it reaches a certain chapter
This allows you to skip the openings and end at the ending songs for example.

Seeing as I got some positive feedback on the idea and first implementation, I've decided to share it. Hope someone else finds it useful other than me.
Garteal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct3d, mpdn, nnedi3, opencl, reclock