Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 13th December 2018, 05:25   #16441  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt123 View Post
Hey, I just had a look at the screenie (the 1st one), and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's the very latest build 1.13.0, as it hasn't got "Auto reconnect" option in EncodingClient.exe, in the bottom right hand corner !!!

I haven't had any stall's since the very latest auto update. (touch wood)

And yes it is / was very frustrating when you couldn't Stop the stall server
I'm not sure about the EncodingClient but I'm on v1.23.2 for RipBot...maybe the update didn't go as planned?
Would you confirm your EncodingClient version please?
I am on v1.13.0.0, it might be there is a newer version but I need to run another update? I'll try that.

"Update" I tried to force an update and I didn't get any new files. I didn't try to manually update the EncodingServer with the version that was linked from a Media Fire link....was waiting for an "official" version.

Last edited by byteshare; 13th December 2018 at 05:30.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2018, 05:28   #16442  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
So just to confirm, when this option is enabled, it "remux's" the subtitle(s) just duplicating their original format ?? eg: sub, sup, srt.

And are they selectable, or hard coded ??

I know there's another option for painting / hard coding them.

Be nice if there was an option to convert to srt.
The option to the left is Render Subs...that will make them hard coded.
For converting them that is an option in the main RipBot settings called:
"Conver Blu-Ray subtitles to DVD format"
Unless there is another option somewhere I've missed?
There isn't an easy and 100% accurate way to convert image subtitles to text subtitles so you'd either have to do that manually or look for a text based version on the Internet.
Old 13th December 2018, 08:59   #16443  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
So just to confirm, when this option is enabled, it "remux's" the subtitle(s) just duplicating their original format ?? eg: sub, sup, srt.

And are they selectable, or hard coded ??

I know there's another option for painting / hard coding them.

Be nice if there was an option to convert to srt.
Check your job's temp folder. You can select what you want, the order, the default.
Why would you need to convert to srt if you have the original sup file?
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2018, 09:44   #16444  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

I started some jobs tonight, will see what will happen to the subtitles when I come home

Another thing popped up: A client which was running fine the last times now reports that the cmd-file in the shared folder is not found (eg: //pc/share/ripbotsharefolder/chunks/3.cmd or so...)... If I open the network share in Explorer on this PC, I see all the files, can copy them, everything is fine... Another Server picks up this chunk with no problem..

What yould be the cause for this?
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2018, 12:39   #16445  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Yes, I know that all the demuxed files are in there...

Because my TV needs UTC-8, srt's...
Buy an Android TV Box and use Kodi
Old 13th December 2018, 13:13   #16446  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

I have a fire TV with plex, which runs fine.. (Except for h265 10bit and above)
Friends have chromecasts, also nice
Old 13th December 2018, 13:27   #16447  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

nice
Old 13th December 2018, 17:08   #16448  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Well, my LG 4K TV plays everything I throw at it, HDR x265, looks fantastic

And as I like subtitles, having to convert them to srt, is a small price to pay !!!
I have an LG TV too, WebOS 3.5 I think. I can play DVD and BluRay subs with the default video player, must be a TV Hardware thing or WebOS thing?
I use Emby on it which plays much subs fine as well.
Used to use Kodi more but no WebOS app
Old 13th December 2018, 18:40   #16449  |  Link
FuzzyNutz

go mini pc w windows and don't look back

Quote:
Well, my LG 4K TV plays everything I throw at it, HDR x265, looks fantastic

And as I like subtitles, having to convert them to srt, is a small price to pay !!!
My newest media player is a low-cost, fanless mini pc running windows 10, similar to an android box. I use vlc and kodi on it to stream from my home network. It plays 4k, hevc and yes, .sup subtitles.

I tweaked memory management for both vlc and kodi to prevent playback pauses. I use the audio dynamic range compression capabilities in vlc and kodi. Thus, no more extremes between quiet and loud; a task previously handled by an a/v receiver.
It'll play almost anything and because it's a windows pc, web surfing with your favourite browser is a breeze.

Last edited by FuzzyNutz; 14th December 2018 at 01:45.
FuzzyNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 09:42   #16450  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
I'll definitely be checking out Emby...never heard of it, thanks, byteshare

Update:- so I sussed out Emby this morning, and soon realised it's for "streaming" content, and I don't like that, so that was a bust

Also, another auto update today
In your case I'd say you're better off with a streamer like Plex/Emby so it can on the fly burn in subs when you want subs that aren't compatible with your TV. Lowers the quality but better than burning in subs with RipBot or having to track down subs for every file and/or manually converting them to srt (IMO).
Old 14th December 2018, 09:43   #16451  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Emby is much like plex - it uses a server and a client... The upside of this concept is, that you can have one central media server and many clients connecting to them. Since plex and Emby are capable of real time transcoding content while streaming, you can have multiple machines with different capabilities in your setup. For example:

- I can view ALL of my library on any of my mobile phones all over the world - as soon as I have an internet connection fast enough for the quality I want to watch (transcoding is x264 in Plex, donīt know if Emby is up to x265).... If no internet is available, I can set plex up to download the videos in advance and store them on the fone to watch offline
- my TV has had several small media players (fire TV, Android TV Boxes, small NUCs with WIndows / Linux) which all had a Plex Client on it - so I can watch everythin in the lokal network
- If I am at work, I can watch my stuff

The transcoder autoamtically detects the bandwith of the connection, the playback capability of the client and - if needed - transcodes everything accordingly... Of course, transcoding is CPU-intensive, so havnig a small NAS for a few bucks and wanting to transcode 40mbit x264 4K videos is a no go... Any Intel Quick Sync machine or at least some higher Core2Duo machine is enough to have at least 720p with 4Mbit watchable - a 120 Euro Kaby Lake NUC easily transcodes several FUll HD Streams at once...

Most of my files are h265 high quality ac3/dts/etc..- so if one client only is capable of h264 and stereo AAC - no problem, Emby, Plex take care of this and transcode on the fly...
Old 14th December 2018, 11:27   #16452  |  Link
gryph

So there's been some talk about subtitles the last days, but this was about soft remux
- but since there's been no response to my earlier post about the bug when hardcoding subs, I'll try again

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryph View Post
First, thank you so much for this program!
I've been using RipBot for years now.
However, for a long time now, there's been some sort of bug - havn't been able to find any reports of this, so here I go...
I use Ripbot to hardcode subtitles and set a fixed video bitrate.
However I have to edit every single subtitle file (.srt/.ass) with an extra line in the very end to assure I get the "original" last line of sub hardcoded.
Which ever program is handling the subtitles, is deleting the very last line in the process.
So adding a custom new last line have been my fix.
Not sure exactly when this started to happen - but it's been going on for a long long time (1 year+ at least I'd guess).
Prior this issue didn't occure and there was no need to add an extra line of subtitle.
I ofc. always keep Ripbot up-to-date. So question is, is there a bug somewhere in the program - or am I missing something?
(btw - I run on Windows 7 machines only)

Fingers crossed for a fix... would save me from having to edit every single subtitle file before encode.

Cheers
Anyone, other than me, having this issue?
Anyone having any clue to why this happens?
Anyone with any suggestion to fixing this?

Gryph
gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 12:48   #16453  |  Link
gryph

Quote:
Hey Gryph,

So, are you using Ripbot just to incorporate subtiles ?? or are you filtering & adjusting files ??

If you're just after subtitling, I would suggest Handbrake, to either soft or hard code any sub's.
Hi there, and thanks for replying.
If you read my first post - the one I quote above... You'll read that I use Ripbot to hardcode subs and re-encode to a set bitrate.
I have looked at Handbreak (and others) but I really prefer Ripbot.
I use .ass subs only (Handbreak only support these if they are muxed into the mkv = 2x the work)- I convert .srt subs to .ass as I can play around with the style in .ass - which you can't in .srt
Anyways, like I said, the hardcoding used to work with no issues (long ago)... and it still does (kinda) except it deletes the very last line in the subtitle - hence me adding a fake last line to every single sub file.
So my guess is, there's must be some bug with the part of RipBot that hardcodes the subtitles.

Gryph
gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 13:29   #16454  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryph View Post
Hi there, and thanks for replying.
If you read my first post - the one I quote above... You'll read that I use Ripbot to hardcode subs and re-encode to a set bitrate.
I have looked at Handbreak (and others) but I really prefer Ripbot.
I use .ass subs only (Handbreak only support these if they are muxed into the mkv = 2x the work)- I convert .srt subs to .ass as I can play around with the style in .ass - which you can't in .srt
Anyways, like I said, the hardcoding used to work with no issues (long ago)... and it still does (kinda) except it deletes the very last line in the subtitle - hence me adding a fake last line to every single sub file.
So my guess is, there's must be some bug with the part of RipBot that hardcodes the subtitles.

Gryph
I've checked and all subtitles are shown on my PC. Can you provide some samples (subtitles) where this problem occurs.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 13:46   #16455  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

About Subtitles - it was me indeed beeing too blind to simply switch on the subtitle option - so I now have the subtitles in the encodes, all is fine...

How about audio tracks in batch mode? Seems only the first track is encoded.. If I manually add one encode job, I can deal with up to 3 Tracks. Am I again doing something wrong ? It would be totaly sufficient for me if simply all tracks would be encoded and kept with the same coded (e.g. having a source file with 5.1 dts, 2.0 ac3, etc... -> 5.1 AAC, 2.0 AAC.. all AAC).. Is this possible?
Old 14th December 2018, 15:03   #16456  |  Link
userx

distributed Encoding

Hello,

Since todays update the encoding servers wheren't shown in the taskbar. Encoding Client isn't able to connect to the local started servers.
Some 'new' SuperviseProcess.exe-windows are shown which brings me to the idea that somewhere the IP is missing.

[2018-12-14 14:56:32] EncodingServer.exe (PID:8276) is NOT responding.
[2018-12-14 14:56:32] EncodingServer.exe (PID:8276) has been killed. No response for 1 minute.
[2018-12-14 14:56:32] D:\Programme\Ripbot264\EncodingServer.exe /start /restart-if-no-progress /ip 0.0.0.0 /port 3000 (PID:5628) executed.
[2018-12-14 14:56:33] EncodingServer.exe (PID:5628) is responding.
[2018-12-14 14:56:34] EncodingServer.exe (PID:5628) is responding.
[2018-12-14 14:56:35] EncodingServer.exe (PID:5628) is responding.
[2018-12-14 14:56:36] EncodingServer.exe (PID:5628) is responding.
[2018-12-14 14:56:37] EncodingServer.exe (PID:5628) is responding.
[2018-12-14 14:56:38] EncodingServer.exe (PID:5628) is NOT responding.

It is possible to connect to remote servers which hasn't been updated up to now.

running Ripbot264 on W10 1809
userx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 15:43   #16457  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Quote:
Which "switch" did you find ?

Attached Images

Old 14th December 2018, 21:03   #16458  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post
About Subtitles - it was me indeed beeing too blind to simply switch on the subtitle option - so I now have the subtitles in the encodes, all is fine...

How about audio tracks in batch mode? Seems only the first track is encoded.. If I manually add one encode job, I can deal with up to 3 Tracks. Am I again doing something wrong ? It would be totaly sufficient for me if simply all tracks would be encoded and kept with the same coded (e.g. having a source file with 5.1 dts, 2.0 ac3, etc... -> 5.1 AAC, 2.0 AAC.. all AAC).. Is this possible?
After the batch is loaded, edit the job you want and go to audio 2 or 3 to add the track you want (#1 is the default track)
Personally, I rarely use it
Old 15th December 2018, 05:01   #16459  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Got a stall, looks like the same sort of thing I was seeing before the update, but I don't really know what causes it so IDK:
https://imgur.com/a/1TjHaAe
Win10 x64 build 1803
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
I can't find the logs: SuperviseProcessLog.txt and EncodingServerLog.txt
I did a search of my C drive and looked in the C:\Temp, RipBot folder (would make more sense to me), and in the %TEMP%\ folder (in my case: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp)
Only thing I found was SuperviseProcess.exe in the temp folder

I couldn't turn off the Server 2 (Thread 2 in the screenshot). I was able to end task the Ffmpeg.exe and that kicked the server 2 into off mode, and then I was able to start it again. Server 1 started encoding.
Not sure how important it is but normally the Ffmpeg.exe and x265_x64.exe show as a child (underneath) the RipBot264 Encoding Server tree like this: https://i.imgur.com/4etbRzc.jpg
But before I ended the Ffmpeg.exe task it was in the background processes list. Hope this helps.
Had this happen for a 3rd time now...with sources that weren't having this issue really until the update. I believe something is worse now but it could just be random chance that the stall issue is happening more now than it had in a month.
Old 15th December 2018, 05:05   #16460  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
@byteshare, & @ReinerSchweinlin,

Hey guys,

I really appreciate your input & suggestions, but I have absolutely no need, or desire for a media streaming server setup.

I don't need to stream to multiple devices, and/or multiple rooms, and also having to put all media on a single "box", and have it going just so I can watch a movie on the TV, seems a waste of energy, IMO.

As for the subtitles (which is the only issue), once I have demuxed them from the movies (which most have), and convert & spell check them, I don't mux them back in, it only needs to be in the same folder/directory as the movie, with the same exact naming (accept for the .mkv, .srt of course).

Cheers
If you got a standalone player, such as a MiBox (Android TV) and used MX Player, VLC, Kodi, etc... you wouldn't have to do the extra work with subtitles and then you wouldn't have to deal with putting all of your media in one place for a Emby/Plex server...which would be less work for you and less money than buying a new TV for better subtitle support and/or avoiding burning in subs with RipBot (not that you do but that would be another alternative).

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360