Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 5th May 2021, 00:39   #321  |  Link
kedautinh12

New plugin fork from vapoursynth-dotkill
https://github.com/Asd-g/AviSynth-DotKill
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2021, 00:14   #322  |  Link
kedautinh12

New plugin port from vapoursynth-cnr2
https://github.com/Asd-g/AviSynth-vsCnr2
Old 12th May 2021, 09:13   #323  |  Link
kedautinh12

Dedup with x64, avs 2.6
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/DeDup
Old 7th June 2021, 15:26   #324  |  Link
Dogway

Does anyone know what kind of convolution this theory applies to? It sounds to me as repair(mode=2) but I don't know, he also talks about a 2x2 window, how is that, should conv kernels be odd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
First of all the contributors need to be sorted. The contributor which is nearest to the "center" (usually gets the highest weight) should be first in the list etc. The list should be sorted for distance to the center and not for weight. The sorted contributor list makes it easy to apply special processing to the "main contributors".
(...)
Hmmmmm... I didn't know the "Repair" filter. Seems that it uses the same concept, but it's not as well optimized for the specific case, I think. E.g. from what I've just read, "Repair" always compares 3x3 pixels. From my tests that's a good general purpose solution, but maybe not the best solution specifically for scaling. For upscaling I'm only comparing 2x2 pixels (those which are nearer to the "center"). For downscaling it can be more than 3x3 pixels, depending on the scale factor.

Or in short: The algorithm I described is custom tailored to "contributor" based resampling algorithms, by making use of the information in the contributor list. I think this should result in slightly superior quality because exactly those pixels are compared which are the main contributors to the final destination pixel. If we compare too many or not enough pixels, the algorithm should get a bit less effective (e.g. miss some ringing or misdetect ringing).
Here my attempt:

Code:
str = Format("y[-1,1] A^ y[0,1] B^ y[1,1] C^ y[-1,0] D^ y[1,0] F^ y[-1,-1] G^ y[0,-1] H^ y[1,-1] I^ x[0,0] J^"  \
            +" J 1 - K^ K A - abs K B - abs < A B ? L^ K C - abs K D - abs < C D ? M^ K F - abs K G - abs < F G ? N^ K H - abs K I - abs < H I ? O^" \
            +"                                         K L - abs K M - abs < L M ? P^ K N - abs K O - abs < N O ? Q^                               " \
            +"                                                   K P - abs K Q - abs < P Q ? R^                                                    " \
            +" J 1 + K^ K A - abs K B - abs < A B ? L^ K C - abs K D - abs < C D ? M^ K F - abs K G - abs < F G ? N^ K H - abs K I - abs < H I ? O^" \
            +"                                         K L - abs K M - abs < L M ? P^ K N - abs K O - abs < N O ? Q^                               " \
            +"                                                   K P - abs K Q - abs < P Q ? S^                                                    " \
            +"                                                             J R S clip                                                              " )
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2021, 15:29   #325  |  Link
Dogway

Also is there any jpeg source filter for avs+ x64 like jpegsource that lets you load the image in original format (YUV) rather than convert it to RGB?
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2021, 21:06   #326  |  Link
zorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
he also talks about a 2x2 window, how is that, should conv kernels be odd?
Not sure but 2x2 and scaling reminds me of bilinear interpolation.
zorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2021, 21:38   #327  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
Also is there any jpeg source filter for avs+ x64 like jpegsource that lets you load the image in original format (YUV) rather than convert it to RGB?
FFImageSource and LWLibavVideoSource can.
Reel.Deel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2021, 01:48   #328  |  Link
kedautinh12

SmoothUV2 now add back SSHiQ from old SmoothUV
https://github.com/Asd-g/AviSynth-SmoothUV2/releases