Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 19th February 2009, 21:11   #1  |  Link
Pulstar

How to use Winamp's output DLL with MPC-HC?

Hello, I've tried QO Labs' Studio Sound FX and while it is CPU-intensive it sounds better than the commercial DFX plugin for Winamp. Is there a way to use MPC-HC for video playback and stream/pipe the audio to Winamp? Since StudioSoundFX is not a DSP like DFX I can't make use of the Winamp2 option in FFDShow. Any ideas?
Pulstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 22:17   #2  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulstar View Post
Hello, I've tried QO Labs' Studio Sound FX and while it is CPU-intensive it sounds better than the commercial DFX plugin for Winamp. Is there a way to use MPC-HC for video playback and stream/pipe the audio to Winamp? Since StudioSoundFX is not a DSP like DFX I can't make use of the Winamp2 option in FFDShow. Any ideas?
I don't think that is going to happen. I use Enhancer for winamp with ffdshow.
Old 20th February 2009, 16:34   #3  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

I personally use ffdshow w/ Ozone 4 for movies to get a nice spacious and slightly compressed soundstage, and Spectralive NXT for music...coz it does very subtle changes to the music w/o messing w/ the phase

that "Studio Sound FX" sounds like a toy compared to these 2 plugins

leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 21:08   #4  |  Link
Pulstar

Well it might be a toy but it does choke my CPU btw this Ozone 4 and its VST plugins can be configured as Winamp 2 DSPs for use with ffdshow?
I tried Winamp VST Bridge 1.1 and it worked in Winamp but it doesn't show in ffdshow.
Edit - Well after a bit of tomfoolery I got VST working in ffdshow. I don't suppose you have a few tips to spare cos I'm an EQ n00b? ;P

Last edited by Pulstar; 20th February 2009 at 22:00.
Old 20th February 2009, 23:20   #5  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

I use FFX-4 for Ozone 4 in ffdshow, and the VST Bridge 1.0 for the VST plugin...it all works out very nicely

I can give you my presets if you wanna toy around, but these are very much sound card/audio renderer/speakers dependent...so feel free to play around w/ the EQ to your liking :
http://www.yousendit.com/download/U0...QTZ5UkYzZUE9PQ

I'm using some DT770 Pro/250 headphones in bitperfect...these are very dark headphones, so I need to keep the bass untouched, increase the mids quite a bit and very slightly increase the trebles too..

I've heavily modified them(recabling etc..) and w/ these 2 plugins, they sound even better than my former MDR-CD3000 headphones

Last edited by leeperry; 20th February 2009 at 23:36.
Old 20th February 2009, 23:36   #6  |  Link
Pulstar

Thanks! But one bit I didn't understand.. FFX-4 and ffdshow. You mean you connect Ozone's DirectX filter to ffdshow? I'm sorry but it does sound confusing.
Old 20th February 2009, 23:38   #7  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

yup, FFX-4 lets you use DX plugins in winamp2 hosts....such as ffdshow

don't forget to set ffdshow for 32bit float processing, and output as well if your sound drivers support it

Last edited by leeperry; 21st February 2009 at 00:03.