Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 29th April 2015, 19:56   #81  |  Link
stax76

this handles only mpeg2 however, for avc you should enable dsmux
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2015, 21:01   #82  |  Link
luigizaninoni

yes, thanks very much for pointing out; now encoding AVC ts as well, gave no error message so I think it works (encoding not finished yet though)
luigizaninoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 07:29   #83  |  Link
NikosD

When you release the next version, add to the first post what StaxRip x64 supports, all the basic features and what features are not supported compared to x86 version.

Also the known bugs of StaxRip x64 and the differences of implementation for the same features supported by x86 would be useful too.

Can we work and compare the two versions together at the same time on the same system ?
NikosD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 08:07   #84  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikosD View Post
When you release the next version, add to the first post what StaxRip x64 supports, all the basic features and what features are not supported compared to x86 version.

Also the known bugs of StaxRip x64 and the differences of implementation for the same features supported by x86 would be useful too.
I'll improve the first post, yes.

Quote:
Can we work and compare the two versions together at the same time on the same system ?
Yes, when you first start the next release you'll see this:

Old 30th April 2015, 14:01   #85  |  Link
burfadel

Stax, in case you miss it:
Avisynth+ r1825 http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...68#post1719768
burfadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2015, 15:36   #86  |  Link
stax76

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hv...0_r1825-MT.exe

Should I include all plugins needed for QTGMC? nnedi3 alone is 13 MB.
Old 30th April 2015, 16:07   #87  |  Link
luigizaninoni

imho a large download is no problem at all. I mean, we are not talking of gigabytes ...
Old 30th April 2015, 17:28   #88  |  Link
NikosD

The new INDE 2015 Update 2 includes new MSDK as well, with API v1.15 documentation, mainly about HEVC encoding of Skylake.

So, it's official:
Skylake supports HW H.265 encoding.

Release notes:
https://software.intel.com/sites/def...ease_notes.pdf
Old 1st May 2015, 11:36   #89  |  Link
luigizaninoni

Finally got Avisynth+ multithreaded working properly

I am impressed with the speed improvement:

My usual encoding (mpeg2 .ts --> staxrip64 --> qtgmc x265-10bit) single threaded speed was about 7fps
With multithreaded about 18 fps

CPU usage went up from about 35% to nearly 100%

Really didn't expect such an improvement
Old 1st May 2015, 22:29   #90  |  Link
stax76

Hey everybody, here is a new release I was working on:

1.3.1.0 beta
  • Added QTGMC, masktools2, mvtools2, RGTools and nnedi3
  • Added new AviSynth editor
  • Added new macros: fps, fpsnum, fpsden, temp_file is now everywhere used where previously %working_dir%%target_name% was used
  • Added DGDecIM integration
  • Added 'Hardware Encoder' resize filter to AviSynth filter profiles which does nothing with AviSynth but enables the Quick Sync resizer
  • Added option to audio context menu to play audio together with the AviSynth script
  • Added possibility to use different settings directories for StaxRip 32-Bit and StaxRip 64-Bit
  • Added x265 options --qpstep and --qg-size
  • Updated ffms2 which fixes a critical memory leak
  • Updated AVSMeter to version 2.0.0
  • Updated AviSynth+ to version v1825
  • Updated XviD to v1.3.3
  • Updated x265 to v1.6+298
  • Updated hardware encoders supporting 64-Bit avs reading
  • Enabled dsmux to handle any kind of TS
  • Improved frame rate detection by using fpsnum and fpsden parameters on FFVideoSource and LWLibavVideoSource instead of AssumeFPS which did not work with some interlaced sources
  • Forced subtitles from DVDs are now added automatically but only if the forced subtitle is the language of the current locale and maximum one forced subtitle is added and the subtitle is added with a forced flag

http://www.mediafire.com/download/da....3.1.0_beta.7z

It handles all TS with DSMux which is a experiment, before DGDecode was used but 64-Bit DGDecode don't work on Win8/Win10, this also means VOB files cannot be opened, it's anyway better to rip with MakeMKV and open mkv. There are probably other methods to process VOB, maybe it's time to retire DGMPGDec altogether.
Old 1st May 2015, 23:43   #91  |  Link
NikosD

I think I'm going to try that version probably against x86.

But why did you change the working directory ?

It was a good way to avoid writing to SSD (C: ), I have all my files to D:\ (HDD)

I didn't see a new version of QSVencC to rigaya's site.
Did he add AVS support to x64 versions ?
Old 2nd May 2015, 00:18   #92  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
But why did you change the working directory ?
You mean settings directory? It is necessary that StaxRip64 uses a different settings directory then StaxRip32 because the settings are not compatible. In case you mean the macro change, it resolves to the same directory, the new %temp_file% resolves to exactly the same as %working_dir%%target_name% which was used in many scripts and command lines, it's much shorter and simpler now.

Quote:
Did he add AVS support to x64 versions ?
I wrongly assumed both don't do x64 but in reality only nvencc was lacking it.
Old 2nd May 2015, 06:58   #93  |  Link
burfadel

@stax76
Thanks for the new build!

HOWEVER
How come you are using qaac 32-bit in Staxrip64, when there is a 64-bit available? Without thinking I installed the 64-bit required application support, and wondered why it was still saying it wasn't installed (as it was expecting the 32-bit version).

The archive containing the 32-bit and 64-bit versions is here:
https://github.com/nu774/qaac/releas.../qaac_2.47.zip

The latest 64-bit application support is just as easy to get as the 32-bit . The filenames have changed though, they're all the same except with 64 on the end (such that it is qaac64.exe).

Thanks!
Old 2nd May 2015, 07:54   #94  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
@stax76
Thanks for the new build!

HOWEVER
How come you are using qaac 32-bit in Staxrip64, when there is a 64-bit available? Without thinking I installed the 64-bit required application support, and wondered why it was still saying it wasn't installed (as it was expecting the 32-bit version).

The archive containing the 32-bit and 64-bit versions is here:
https://github.com/nu774/qaac/releas.../qaac_2.47.zip

The latest 64-bit application support is just as easy to get as the 32-bit . The filenames have changed though, they're all the same except with 64 on the end (such that it is qaac64.exe).

Thanks!
I believe I was looking for 64-Bit Apple Application Support and only found people writing that it's 32-Bit only, it would be helpful to get some info as private message, I can release a pre-release fixing this then.
Old 2nd May 2015, 08:10   #95  |  Link
burfadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
I believe I was looking for 64-Bit Apple Application Support and only found people writing that it's 32-Bit only, it would be helpful to get some info as private message, I can release a pre-release fixing this then.
There is a separate 64-bit installer to the 32-bit installer. The people saying it is 32-bit only are, how can I put this? looking in the wrong place?

I'll PM you the info.
Old 2nd May 2015, 08:16   #96  |  Link
Patman

Hi Stax,

thanks for the new release. I saw that mkvtoolnix is 32-bit and not 64-bit. I changed to 64-bit and everything works well so long. L-Smash was updated to version 785

L-Smash Works Download
Patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 08:27   #97  |  Link
burfadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman View Post
Hi Stax,

thanks for the new release. I saw that mkvtoolnix is 32-bit and not 64-bit. I changed to 64-bit and everything works well so long. L-Smash was updated to version 785

L-Smash Works Download
Yeah, for the official 64-bit mkvtoolnix, you have to scroll a little further down the page for mkvtoolnix-amd64-7.8.0.7z
https://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/

the pre folder contains newer beta versions.

Mkvtoolnix can just be directly replaced, the filenames and commands etc are the same. I was actually using the 64-bit version (along with the 64-bit version of ffmpeg) with the 32-bit Staxrip (it allowed running the 64-bit application from it).
Old 2nd May 2015, 08:53   #98  |  Link
burfadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
There is a separate 64-bit installer to the 32-bit installer. The people saying it is 32-bit only are, how can I put this? looking in the wrong place?

I'll PM you the info.
PM Sent . Hope it made sense!
Old 2nd May 2015, 09:17   #99  |  Link
Lupissimo

Just tested this new version. There is still the problem, that when one uses "select even" to change a 50fps ts.file to 25fps and after that edit the movie with cutting, the audio files are still "on 50fps" and therefor the output is only half of the length.
Old 2nd May 2015, 09:58   #100  |  Link
stax76

Quote:

I'll PM you the info.
Thanks for the links, I made all changes including description for qaac in the applications dialog:

Quote:
qaac is a command line AAC encoder frontend based on the Apple AAC encoder. qaac requires libflac which StaxRip includes and it requires AppleApplicationSupport64.msi which can be extracted from the 64-Bit iTunes installer using the context menu within the 7zip file manager.
There is however a problem with qaac 64-Bit, the command shell window pops up and StaxRip don't receive any output, I don't think I can do anything here other then report it to the author which I already did, waiting for a reply now.

Quote:

L-Smash Works Download
Good to know it works, when there is a new mkvtoolnix release I'll use the 64-Bit version.

I'll update l-smash-works, thanks for the hint.

Quote:
Mkvtoolnix can just be directly replaced, the filenames and commands etc are the same. I was actually using the 64-bit version (along with the 64-bit version of ffmpeg) with the 32-bit Staxrip (it allowed running the 64-bit application from it).
Using the same filenames is IMO the best approach, 32-Bit StaxRip using 64-Bit ffmpeg is a bad idea, look at one of the current defaults:

Code:
"%app:ffmpeg%" -i "%avs_file%" -f yuv4mpegpipe -pix_fmt yuv420p - | "%app:NVEncC%" --sar %target_sar% --codec h265 --y4m --cqp 36 --input - --output "%encoder_out_file%"
Most people will use the NVEncC GUI, the nice thing about this profile is it teaches people that piping is possible and simple, ffmpeg interfaces with AviSynth here (loading the AviSynth library via COM+), 64-Bit applications can only load 64-Bit libraries (at least without black magic).

Quote:
Just tested this new version. There is still the problem, that when one uses "select even" to change a 50fps ts.file to 25fps and after that edit the movie with cutting, the audio files are still "on 50fps" and therefor the output is only half of the length.
I think the problem is people often forget to change the frame rate before cutting, there is a simple solution, just change the frame rate after the trim functions and not before! If you have real 50 fps and not just duplicated frames it's no problem to encode it with 50 fps, it doubles the encoding time but file size goes only up like 10%, you get much smoother motion for this 10%.

Last edited by stax76; 2nd May 2015 at 10:25.