Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th May 2009, 18:57   #1  |  Link
Sivar

MeGUI: Producing corrupt files. Suspect MKVMerge.

I am trying to back up movies (from DVDs which work fine) and have run into a problem with several of them.
The resulting file ends up being small (a little larger than the encoded MP3) and corrupt.
This started just in the last 5 weeks or so, but may be related to the movies encoding rather than the version of a tool that comes with MeGUI.

The log (complete file attached) repeatedly says:
[Warning] A warning occurred: Warning:
'D:\path\to\movies\movieName_Video_0.264' track 0: This MPEG audio track contains 2 bytes of non-MP3 data which were skipped. The audio/video synchronization may have been lost.
(italic parts change)

I use the 1-click encoder and choose a VOB file and encode it with fairly slow 2-pass settings. The problem occurs whether I am transcoding the audio to MP3 or simply adding the original AC3 or DTS track, so I don't think it has anything to do with MP3.

It seems to be similar to the problem this guy is having:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=145881
He suspects that MKVMerge thinks the video file is actually an MP3. Why it would think that, I am unsure.

With at least one of the movies, I got a good encoding in CRF mode, so I think the DVD rips are fine.

How can I fix this or otherwise get working MKV files? TIA.
Attached Files
File Type: zip megui_log.zip (24.1 KB, 54 views)
Sivar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corrupt, megui, mkvmerge, non-mp3