Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Closed Thread

Old 11th December 2015, 20:17   #1161  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

L-SMASH Source used to be more reliable earlier while FFMS2 relied on parts of Haali Media Splitter for non-MKV sources (so FFMS2 also had issues with interlaced formats when using more than 1 decoding thread). Today both use libavformats as splitter and are quite equal now.

Remultiplexing some containers to MKV with mkvtoolnix before indexing them may still be a good idea, the MKV container has some features supporting seeking which some other containers don't provide.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 14th December 2015, 22:10   #1162  |  Link
BlockABoots

If im using FFmpegSource2 how to i get audio?? Ive loaded the avs file into Ripbot but its reporting no Audio channel??
Old 14th December 2015, 23:10   #1163  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Sorry, my crystal ball is broken, I can't see your script.

New German Gleitz board
Old 19th December 2015, 18:51   #1164  |  Link
~ VEGETA ~
The cult of personality

can avsp-mod run Vapoursynth scripts?
Old 21st December 2015, 19:19   #1165  |  Link
BlockABoots

I have noticed in the Program Settings under the 'Misc' Tab their is a 'Custom Jump Size' option, im guessing this is to select a time or frame to jump to when editing a video?. I know Up & Down Arrows are for jumping in 1 seconds increments and Page Up & Down is for 1 minute increments but not sure that the key is for this 'Custom Jump' feature?
Old 22nd December 2015, 08:02   #1166  |  Link
fvisagie

Key mappings are under Options.Keyboard shortcuts. Custom jump size is under Options.Program settings.Misc.
Old 22nd December 2015, 22:33   #1167  |  Link
BlockABoots

Can see a key for 'Custom Jump Size'?
Old 23rd December 2015, 00:03   #1168  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

BlockABoots,
Quote:
Can see a key for 'Custom Jump Size'?
Should that read 'Cant', or what, perhaps you should elaborate, cos what you said means very little.
Give fvisagie some clue as to what you mean.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
Old 29th December 2015, 16:58   #1169  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyWu View Post
AvsPmod uses AVISource to load the vpy script in the background when you preview it.
As a 32 bit process, AvsPmod will open VapourSynth scripts as video source only if you installed Python 3.5 and VapourSynth as 32 bit versions. With Python and VapourSynth installed as 64 bit version, AviSource of a 32 bit AviSynth will not find a handler for vpy files.

New German Gleitz board
Old 29th December 2015, 17:34   #1170  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
As a 32 bit process, AvsPmod will open VapourSynth scripts as video source only if you installed Python 3.5 and VapourSynth as 32 bit versions. With Python and VapourSynth installed as 64 bit version, AviSource of a 32 bit AviSynth will not find a handler for vpy files.
For 64-bit VapourSynth you'll need 64-bit AviSynth+ and corresponding AvsPmod. An alternative is to use VapourSynth's VSFS which can be used to create a virtual AVI. This allows you to use 64-bit VS with 32-bit AVS.
Old 12th March 2016, 07:13   #1171  |  Link
Bruce/Fl

Hello all,

I may be doing something totally wrong, or missed a step, but I can't get avspmod to open.

I click the executable, but nothing happens after I hit the "run" option in the box that pops up asking me what I want to do.

This is the error message I get:

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "run.py", line 38, in <module>
ImportError: No module named os
I'd post a script that it was crashing, but I can't even get that far, the program won't open/load.

I downloaded version 2.5.1, I have avisynth 2.6, I'm running Windows 7, any ideas?

Thank you
Old 13th March 2016, 09:10   #1172  |  Link
fvisagie

Earlier (in this thread?) I covered something similar. IIRC it involves unevelated AvsPmod trying to write to protected area under \Program Files.... What may help is to delete configuration files there and/or running AvsPmod with elevated privileges at least once.
Old 13th March 2016, 09:27   #1173  |  Link
bxyhxyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce/Fl View Post
Hello all,

I may be doing something totally wrong, or missed a step, but I can't get avspmod to open.

I click the executable, but nothing happens after I hit the "run" option in the box that pops up asking me what I want to do.

This is the error message I get:

I'd post a script that it was crashing, but I can't even get that far, the program won't open/load.

I downloaded version 2.5.1, I have avisynth 2.6, I'm running Windows 7, any ideas?

Thank you
Similar thing happens if you used plugin that something has wrong it with. Or some settings.
And AvsPmod saves the latest version that you was working on and refuses to open like this.
Try opening empty avs script in AvsPmod with "Open with".
Old 13th March 2016, 09:49   #1174  |  Link
Bruce/Fl

I think I found that passage, it's on page 55 of this thread. It looks like what finally solved it for the poster having trouble was to delete and reinstall avisynth. I hope I don't have to do the same.

I tried running it as an admin, still no luck.

Thank you both for helping me look at and solve this.
Old 14th March 2016, 09:19   #1175  |  Link
Bruce/Fl

I uninstalled and reinstalled Avisynth.

AVSPMod still won't even open.

Puzzling.

I'm also having an issue with MeGUI. I have a short AV script that will open in both MeGUI and VDub (and Media Player Classic, etc).

But I have a long script with numerous filters that that I can get to open in VDub, but crashes MeGUI even before it can open and get to the preview screen.

I don't know if that's related or not, or whether it helps isolate the issue, but thought I'd put that out there.
Old 18th March 2016, 13:52   #1176  |  Link
Bruce/Fl

An update.

Now that I have my MeGUI issue figured out, I went back to see if I could get this straight.

I had a thought that gave me an idea. In some of my other avisynth related issues I had, a fix was putting a copy of the .dll in the SysWOW64 folder. So I dropped the dll's from AVSPmod in there also and voila, it works.
Old 8th May 2016, 23:25   #1177  |  Link
poisondeathray

SeparateFields() duplicate handling bug ? ConvertToRGB32(interlaced=true) vs RGB24

Bug report regarding duplicated fields when separatefields() is used with ConvertToRGB24(interlaced=true) or sometimes RGB32

Seems to be avspmod related, as problem doesn't occur in vdub, mpchc, megui preview

Instead of copy/pasting, see this thread for more details
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=173482
Old 11th August 2016, 12:36   #1178  |  Link
cihub

Anyone knows how to pass AVS script to be opened to non-compiled AvsP? I know I can add my own code to do this, or compile AvsP, but maybe there's a way to do it faster/easier?
Old 11th August 2016, 17:20   #1179  |  Link
videoFred

Location: Terneuzen, Zeeland, the Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Milky Way,Universe
I do not know if this is the answer to your question, but just open an AvsPmod script in VDub, and VDub will ignore the AvsPmod part and it will 'see' it as a normal Avisynth script.

Fred.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4QBsWXKuV8
More Example clips:
http://www.vimeo.com/user678523/videos/sort:newest
Old 4th October 2016, 13:11   #1180  |  Link
ChiDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdcrim View Post
Found the problem and pushed a fix to GitHub. AvsP was assuming the buffer that holds the frame data to be at least Pitch * Height. That's usually the case, but it's only really guaranteed to be Pitch * (Height - 1) + RowSize. When the buffer was the later frames failed to be displayed, so the previous one remained.
Can someone please provide a current build?

BTW:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
Download
Both the windows build and source code can be downloaded from the git repository:
[...]
Pre-release r426 Windows build
First time I clicked on this link I was redirected to some scam survey site. Second time and thereafter, redirected to line0.in domain parking page. The site has moved to .eu.
Closed Thread