Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 7th July 2005, 20:41   #901  |  Link
Isochroma

Using all video rendering modes in MPC, same problem. Maybe it's MPC?
Old 7th July 2005, 21:46   #902  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Sorry: I mean, in ffdshow!

Because the AR is correct with other decoders, the reason cannot be MPC, it must be that you did not set up ffdshow correctly.
Old 10th July 2005, 03:09   #903  |  Link
Foreigner999

I get a lot of stuttering in a mkv with AVC1 video track and A_VORBIS audio track with one ssa track and one sub(i think) track.

FFdshow july 3, 2005.MSVC7.1

I fooled around a bit and it seems ffdshows audio decoder when set to tremor or libavcodec seems to make the video and audio stutter with OggDS 0.9.9.5. I checked the corevorbis project site and saw they released corevorbis 1.1 today so i tried that and upgraded OggDS to 0.9.9.6 and it seems to have fixed the suttering problem. I tried again to switch back to ffdshow's internal decoder for vobis (both settings) and it still stutters with OggDS 0.9.9.6.

Is this by design or is this a bug?
Old 10th July 2005, 12:38   #904  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreigner999
I fooled around a bit and it seems ffdshows audio decoder when set to tremor or libavcodec seems to make the video and audio stutter with OggDS 0.9.9.5. I checked the corevorbis project site and saw they released corevorbis 1.1 today so i tried that and upgraded OggDS to 0.9.9.6 and it seems to have fixed the suttering problem. I tried again to switch back to ffdshow's internal decoder for vobis (both settings) and it still stutters with OggDS 0.9.9.6.
oggds doesnt support mkv. how did you use it with mkv if not the vorbis decoder (which you said you didnt use)

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
Old 10th July 2005, 14:01   #905  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

Foreigner999:
This might be totally unrelated to your case, but fyi,
there is a known problem like that related to Ogg Vorbis audio: The jitter/stuttering problem may occur when the Audio output is Default WaveOut,
and problem is gone if the output is Default DirectSound.
(You can switch them in MPC at least.)

As another note, using OggDS 0996 for OGM is unadvisable. (There is a bug,
and only one chanel is decoded for stereo.) 0995 is much more stable and preferable for OGM. (*)

bond:
Unlike 0995, OggDS 0996 was divided into VorbisDS.ax and OggDS.ax.
VorbisDS.ax is a general Vorbis decoder, which works with MKV too.

(*) EDIT: This bug affects Vorbis in MKV too.

Last edited by Liisachan; 10th July 2005 at 14:13.
Old 10th July 2005, 14:09   #906  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

And what about CoreVorbis, or ffdshow (which I prefer)?

BTW: Brand new CoreVorbis version available, using current libraries.
Old 10th July 2005, 14:14   #907  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisachan
bond:
Unlike 0995, OggDS 0996 was divided into VorbisDS.ax and OggDS.ax.
VorbisDS.ax is a general Vorbis decoder, which works with MKV too.
sure, but if you read his thread than you will see that he writes that he has problem with oggds when using matroska and ffdshow's vorbis decoder and corevorbis as vorbis decoder

and i wondered how this all should have something to do with oggds obviously

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
Old 10th July 2005, 20:00   #908  |  Link
Foreigner999

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond
sure, but if you read his thread than you will see that he writes that he has problem with oggds when using matroska and ffdshow's vorbis decoder and corevorbis as vorbis decoder

and i wondered how this all should have something to do with oggds obviously
Thanks Liisachan that seemed to have been the problem (isn't this long standing problem fixable? ).

Oh and bond the confusion is because i failed to mention in my original post that i was having crashes in TCMP latest version with a standard .ogg music when using a 192kbit .ogg with a libVorbis date of 20040920. Seems with OggDS 0.9.9.6 and Corvorbis 1.1 it causes a crash in OggDS by either stopping the music or letting it come to an end. Sorry im not all too coherent that late in the night.

EDIT: happens with ffdshows audio decoder as well.

Last edited by Foreigner999; 10th July 2005 at 20:06.
Old 15th July 2005, 15:35   #909  |  Link
wata

the OSD show remaining time function still faulty with the 03Jul version

all builds after ffdshow 27May2005 are faulty

counter become 00:00:00 halfway before movie END.
Old 15th July 2005, 17:50   #910  |  Link
vlada

Foreigner999> Did you try OGG splitter from Radlight or Illiminable? The OggDS filters are know for causing a lot of problems and AFAIK, they are no more in development for a long time.
Old 15th July 2005, 18:53   #911  |  Link
WilliamC

Think someone could start compiling these since Celtic Druid is on vacation?
Old 16th July 2005, 23:16   #912  |  Link
DeathTheSheep
<The VFW Sheep of Death>

Has something happened to the old AAC decoder?

I heard rumors of there being a bit of turmoil in this area-- I've heard of the aac ip interest holder (VA liscensing) inciting a bit of rukous over compilations of libfaad (and those libraries like it).

Is this really true? I mean, there's nothing greiviously wrong with "realaac," but it doesn't recognize or decode raw AAC files like previous versions of ffdshow. And it certainly doesn't seem to support parametric stereo (so there is no stereo playback of files encoded in AACPlusv2).

I veiw this as quite a problem. Any suggestions? Or is it over for ffdshow in this dept.?

Last edited by DeathTheSheep; 16th July 2005 at 23:19.
Old 17th July 2005, 12:53   #913  |  Link
Foreigner999

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlada
Foreigner999> Did you try OGG splitter from Radlight or Illiminable? The OggDS filters are know for causing a lot of problems and AFAIK, they are no more in development for a long time.
Yes i just tried it now, Radlight Oggsplitters v1.0.0.2. With rads own decoder it seems to work fine with the .ogg file. With ffdshow it also seems to work fine with the same .ogg file. Although when it comes to Corevorbis latest release seeking is very slow and it seems that there is a problem seeking towards the end of the file because it turns to silence.

Is OGM and it's OGG counterpart cursed to never work right with all the features or did it's developers abandon the project? By the way any developement still underway on the radlight splitters/filters?
Old 17th July 2005, 13:05   #914  |  Link
bond

Foreigner999 , if you think there is a bug than tell the devs about it (oggds is not developed anymore, but corevorbis, radlight and ffdshow are)

Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
Old 17th July 2005, 13:15   #915  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

Technically this is not related to this thread, but FYI: RadLight splitter cannot call VSFilter (iirc) and that is critical for playing back softsubbed OGM. On the other hand, RadLight splitter can play OggFile (Ogg Theora) nicely.
Old 18th July 2005, 10:23   #916  |  Link
Oki
Signal processing lover

HE-AAC v2 not working.

I am playing arround with HE-AAC v2 (AKA aacPlus v2 or AAC+SBR+PS). I am testing ffdshow audio decoder with the official MPEG4audio SBR+PS conformance streams from Fraunhofer IIS and they can not be played. I am using ffdshow-20050703 MSVC 7.1 and MatroskaSplitter 11/07/2005 for MP4 splitter. CoreAAC works.

Any idea?

Last edited by Oki; 18th July 2005 at 18:16. Reason: Fixed bad URL.
Old 18th July 2005, 19:57   #917  |  Link
bond

people also call it ps-aac

btw its backwards compatible, every aac player can play ps-aac
must be another problem if ffdshow cant decode it. are you sure you have the (correct) parser installed?

Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
Old 18th July 2005, 21:01   #918  |  Link
madman1980

Silly question, I know, but I can't for the life of me figure it out now. I have a AC3 stream that I want to play with ffdshow audio on stereo speakers. I can't make it downmix to stereo, the voices are very, very low. Where do i set it to output in stereo?
Old 18th July 2005, 21:13   #919  |  Link
Palikrovol

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman1980
Silly question, I know, but I can't for the life of me figure it out now. I have a AC3 stream that I want to play with ffdshow audio on stereo speakers. I can't make it downmix to stereo, the voices are very, very low. Where do i set it to output in stereo?
In "FFDshow Audio decoder configuration" enable 'mixer' and use "2/0 - stereo" in 'output speaker configuration'.

You can also enable 'volume' to boost the volume.

hope it helps.
Old 18th July 2005, 21:30   #920  |  Link
madman1980

That did the trick. Thanks!
Closed Thread