Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th February 2010, 18:35   #1  |  Link
jfromeo
Ed

Which file stores the Chapters info on a Full BlurRay dump?

Where is the Chapter information stored on a BD dump?

Hello fellows.

I have an easy question for most of you, I guess.

If I isolate the main m2ts file from a Full BluRay dump (0001.m2ts), and open it with HDBR Stream Extractor, I can see its video chapter/audio tracks/subtitle tracks.

If I isolate the main m2ts file, along with the corresponding clpi file (CLIPINF) from a Full BluRay dump (0001.m2ts and 0001.clpi), open it with HDBR Stream Extractor and see its video chapter/audio tracks/subtitle tracks as well as some additional info like the language each one contains.

If I don't isolate anything, and open the main m2ts file with HDBR Stream Extractor, I can see everything of the above plus the Chapter info (txt).

So my question is, which is the file/files that store the Chapter info on a Full BluRay dump? Maybe some file on the Playlist folder?

Thanks in advance.
jfromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 18:47   #2  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
So my question is, which is the file/files that store the Chapter info on a Full BluRay dump? Maybe some file on the Playlist folder?
Yes, the .mpls has this info.
If you open the .mpls file associated with the .m2ts file you want with tsMuxeR, you will see the chapters are loaded for you. ( for Blu-Ray output that is )
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 19:00   #3  |  Link
jfromeo
Ed

Thanks Capsbackup!
jfromeo is offline   Reply With Quote