Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 2nd June 2024, 15:23   #20721  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLOY View Post
Hmmmm, my .png was a lot smaller than that.
No idea why you even bother resizing if script does that automatically.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2024, 15:28   #20722  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
No idea why you even bother resizing if script does that automatically.
That was a LONG script for a small job.

TBH, I didn't look thru it, except the path to the image.

It's just that when it wasn't displayed, I thought it might have been too big.

I'll try again, later, with a different approach.

UPDATE:-

OK, I've tried again, and again, and again, and I cannot get it to display anything, in fact for whatever reason, that script doesn't even import anymore (did last night on a different PC).

So that's all I can be bothered doing for this, as I will NEVER need to ADD a "watermark" to anything.

Having said that, I appreciate you following up on this.

I doubt that dipais will have much luck (but who knows)

Last edited by FTLOY; 3rd June 2024 at 07:06.
FTLOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2024, 10:40   #20723  |  Link
dipais

Howdy, All

Quote:
Just replace this with proper path to your PNG file.
Code:
Image=ImageSource("ripbot264-ico.png",pixel_type="RGB32")
You rock, thank you very much !.

Quote:
OK, I've tried again, and again, and again, and I cannot get it to display anything, in fact for whatever reason, that script doesn't even import anymore (did last night on a different PC). So that's all I can be bothered doing for this, as I will NEVER need to ADD a "watermark" to anything. Having said that, I appreciate you following up on this. I doubt that dipais will have much luck (but who knows)
It worked perfectly with just one try. All you have to do is determine the direct location path of the image used, as follows:

Code:
Image=ImageSource("C:\Users\Administrator\Videos\netflix.png",pixel_type="RGB32")
Cheers,
D

Last edited by dipais; 3rd June 2024 at 10:51.
dipais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2024, 10:52   #20724  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipais View Post
Howdy, All

It worked perfectly with just one try. All you have to do is determine the direct location path of the image used, as follows:

Code:
Image=ImageSource("C:\Users\Administrator\Videos\netflix.png",pixel_type="RGB32")

I'm sorry, but for sure I don't understand the meaning of the code in the script, So I don't know what I should edit to make the logo bigger. Would you like to tell me?.

Cheers,
D
Well, that is what they call beginners luck....I have no idea why mine won't work...

Code:
Image=ImageSource("D:\netflix-logo-png-2570.png",pixel_type="RGB32")
I copied the whole script that Atak provided, changed the path to the image, and named the script Image.avs, put it in the Custom folder, selected in RB, and it doesn't even appear in the edit scripts window, and if I copy it in manually, the preview cannot render the file.

I wonder if the path doesn't like the -

Maybe try :-

Code:
ImageScalingFactor=32 #larger value = smaller image

Last edited by FTLOY; 3rd June 2024 at 11:51.
Old 3rd June 2024, 12:58   #20725  |  Link
dipais

Howdy, Folk

Quote:
Well, that is what they call beginners luck....I have no idea why mine won't work...

Code:
Image=ImageSource("D:\netflix-logo-png-2570.png",pixel_type="RGB32")
I wonder if the path doesn't like the -

Maybe try :-

Code:
ImageScalingFactor=32 #larger value = smaller image
I'm sorry, but I found the solution before you replied so I changed the content of my post. So it wouldn't be wrong to conclude that before I pressed the "save" button (during editing) you submitted the reply first .

Quote:
I copied the whole script that Atak provided, changed the path to the image, and named the script Image.avs, put it in tahe Custom folder, selected in RB, and it doesn't even appear in the edit scripts window, and if I copy it in manually, the preview cannot render the file.
FYI, I also found a solution for this matter . The steps I took were:
  1. Create abc.avs then fill it with all the code from Atak above then put it in the folder: Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts
  2. Create def.avs then fill it with the code below then put it in the folder: Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\Custom

Code:
    Import("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\Scripts\abc.avs")
  3. Select def.avs in the "CUSTOM SCRIPT", then click the "Edit Script" button, then suddenly you will find contents like the following:

Code:
    #Custom
    Import("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\def.avs")
Hope that works for ya. Good luck !.

Cheers,
D
Old 4th June 2024, 01:44   #20726  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Howdy, Folk
I'm sorry, but I found the solution before you replied so I changed the content of my post. So it wouldn't be wrong to conclude that before I pressed the "save" button (during editing) you submitted the reply first .

FYI, I also found a solution for this matter . The steps I took were:
  1. Create abc.avs then fill it with all the code from Atak above then put it in the folder: Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts
  2. Create def.avs then fill it with the code below then put it in the folder: Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\Custom

Code:
    Import("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\Scripts\abc.avs")
  3. Select def.avs in the "CUSTOM SCRIPT", then click the "Edit Script" button, then suddenly you will find contents like the following:

Code:
    #Custom
    Import("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\abc.avs")

Hope that works for ya. Good luck !.

Cheers,
D
I think you'll find that this does not work, as it is reading itself, it needs to be abc.avs in the Custom Folder.

Anyway, I have wasted way too much time on this, and I don't have the motivation to continue, as I will never use it !!!

But having said that, when you get the .avs's in the correct order, AVSMeter shows an error in the abc.avs on line 41, which is :-

Code:
video=Overlay(video,Image,mask=ImageAlpha,x=ImagePosX,y=ImagePosY,opacity=ImageTransparencyFactor,mode=ImageMixingMode)
And if you play the video preview, it also errors with:- Cannot render this file.
Old 5th June 2024, 21:54   #20727  |  Link
dipais

Howdy, Folks

Quote:
But having said that, when you get the .avs's in the correct order, AVSMeter shows an error in the abc.avs on line 41, which is :

Code:
video=Overlay(video,Image,mask=ImageAlpha,x=ImagePosX,y=ImagePosY,opacity=ImageTransparencyFactor,mode=ImageMixingMode)
Yes, that's right. That's what I meant. Thanks for the correction .

Quote:
Problem?.
Yes, it turns out that I am facing a new problem that is almost the same as that encountered by FTLOY above. So, here it is...
  1. SUCCESS?: Yes, if the video source is 8-bit then encode to 8-bit and 10-bit .
  2. PROBLEM?: Yes, if the video source is 10-bit then encode to 10-bit . And the error was:

That being said, Would you like to look into this problem for a solution ?. Thanks a lot, Atak. You so rock! .

Cheers,
D
Old 6th June 2024, 02:18   #20728  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Howdy, Folks

Yes, it turns out that I am facing a new problem that is almost the same as that encountered by FTLOY above. So, here it is...
  1. SUCCESS?: Yes, if the video source is 8-bit then encode to 8-bit and 10-bit .
  2. PROBLEM?: Yes, if the video source is 10-bit then encode to 10-bit . And the error was:

That being said, Would you like to look into this problem for a solution ?. Thanks a lot, Atak. You so rock! .

Cheers,
D
So my interpretation of that is that it works on 8 bit footage, but nothing higher ??

I'm pretty sure ALL my tests were of 10 bit video...

That makes me feel a LOT better about not being able to get it work as per both of Atak's samples, but if you think about it, and really look at the samples, that would definitely be 8 bit !!! it's anime/cartoon.
Old 6th June 2024, 03:40   #20729  |  Link
poisondeathray

Convert the overlay image to 10bit, for 10bit base video

It would look something like this
Code:
Image=ImageSource("C:\Users\Administrator\Videos\netflix.png",pixel_type="RGB32").ConvertToPlanarRGBA().ConvertBits(10)
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2024, 04:17   #20730  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
Convert the overlay image to 10bit, for 10bit base video

It would look something like this
Code:
Image=ImageSource("C:\Users\Administrator\Videos\netflix.png",pixel_type="RGB32").ConvertToPlanarRGBA().ConvertBits(10)
That is what "we" needed, works perfectly, thanks pdr.

==================================

@dipais,

I still need to do your suggestion for it to be used in the script...

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...49#post2002549

It'll have to be a different script for 8 bit, though...

But we can't leave Atak out of this, he gave "us" the basis for this, just a shame it was only for 8 bit, as it turned out.

Last edited by FTLOY; 6th June 2024 at 04:28.
Old 6th June 2024, 04:52   #20731  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:

It'll have to be a different script for 8 bit, though...

You can auto convert the image overlay to correspond the input base video bitdepth using Clip properties BitsPerComponent
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Clip_properties

Assuming the input was 8bit RGBA image like a PNG, loaded with Imagesource(), it would look like

Code:
ConvertToPlanarRGBA().ConvertBits(video.BitsPerComponent)
Where "video" was already previously loaded in the script
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2024, 05:14   #20732  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
You can auto convert the image overlay to correspond the input base video bitdepth using Clip properties BitsPerComponent
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Clip_properties

Assuming the input was 8bit RGBA image like a PNG, loaded with Imagesource(), it would look like

Code:
ConvertToPlanarRGBA().ConvertBits(video.BitsPerComponent)
Where "video" was already previously loaded in the script
And that also works well, and that makes the whole process a lot easier, simply one script to do either, unless the chosen image is different.

So thanks again, pdr
Old 6th June 2024, 10:36   #20733  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

new PD build if you're interested...

Just found out there's a new full build available.

It's based on Patman x264 & x265 builds, which means things work & display a little differently than normal, but there are some benefits.

However, there is an option to change it back to "normal".

There are also some updates, new scripts, new filters, etc, so read the .txt files !!!

Anyone that prefers the Lite build can use this to update their current setup, just use what you need.

There is now a new Lite build, up...

Last edited by FTLOY; 7th June 2024 at 08:13.
Old 9th June 2024, 05:38   #20734  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Using v1.27.3 for the first in "anger", and I like the changes that have been made to Encoding Client 1.19.0.0, it's "prettier"

==========================================

Just after posting this comment, I noticed there was yet another small auto update...

Mainly adding a new script to add a Watermark/Logo/Overlay......I think you've borrowed the info from my posts with poisondeathray...you're welcome

There's a new folder in the "Profile" folder called "overlay", and inside that, another folder called "png"...I guess there needs to be a compatible file in there, for the new script to work.

Tested, the "png" is just a "default" location to keep the images.

==========================================

Another thing that has changed is in the Avisynth settings, the "slider" now has 4 positions to accommodate the new overlay settings, which is where the audio settings were....now the audio settings are the 4th position. (looking very lonely)

I would suggest that maybe Segments are changed to the 4th postion, and have all the similar "looking" settings pages in order, positions 1 thru 3....

Last edited by FTLOY; 9th June 2024 at 07:08.
Old 9th June 2024, 06:36   #20735  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

I've just got my first encoding error pop up message & "sound" (in my case)....

And this is what it looks like for those yet to experience it:-

Need to say, that regardless of the error, it started encoding the errored chunk, again, all by itself

To view the small error message left click on the (not red) server name text, not sure when it changes back to green.

And the way I configured the EncodingClient.cmd, I got an audio message as well, I was in another room when I heard it

However, the Job completed (or so I thought), and I had to "kill" everything, as Abort didn't work, and start the Job again, and it still had 6 chunks to go...weird.

And the server name text is still "not red".

NOTE:-

There's a new Errors tab in the Encoding Server window, which shows all the errors that have occurred, but there doesn't seem to be a way to clear them....

One way to clear the error logs, but it only seems to change the server name back to green, you need to go to the Temp folder, and to the job#'s folder, then to the chunks folder, scroll ALL the way down to the bottom, and delete the "errors" & processed" files.

Maybe there needs to be an easier way to clear the error(s)

Last edited by FTLOY; 12th June 2024 at 04:05.
Old 9th June 2024, 08:39   #20736  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

If I were you I would investigate why x265_x64.exe didn't encode all frames. For start I would just use regular x265 builds...
Old 9th June 2024, 09:00   #20737  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
If I were you I would investigate why x265_x64.exe didn't encode all frames. For start I would just use regular x265 builds...
I doubt that has too much to do with it, because I was having errors weeks ago.

Have tried several std & modded builds.

But it was cool to see your error msg .cmd work
Old 9th June 2024, 09:04   #20738  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

You are using builds which do not correctly show progress. Why do you even bother with those modded x265? I think I will have to block those just to be sure that user is not wasting my time with false error reports.
Old 9th June 2024, 09:17   #20739  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
You are using builds which do not correctly show progress. Why do you even bother with those modded x265? I think I will have to block those just to be sure that user is not wasting my time with false error reports.
It shows more detail, elsewhere...

There are some more advanced encoding options with the modded builds.

Don't take yet another choice away from the user !!

It's NOT wasting your time !!! I purely posted that error thing, to prove it works...thats all !!!
Old 15th June 2024, 19:45   #20740  |  Link
essential

I did a search but my terms are broad so I didn't find anything exactly so sorry if this has been answered before. I'm on a new machine and using RipBot for the first time. It can encode extremely fast, but multiple CPU cores are hitting around 100. Is there a way to make RipBot run slower, or limit the performance? Like use 80% of CPU instead of 100% or something? I couldn't find anything in settings to I don't know this is possible. I don't mind if an encode takes longer, just trying to keep temps down slightly.
essential is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360