Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 6th June 2007, 22:50   #341  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

:S

I get a similar CPU usage with DVD playback... something's wrong...
Old 7th June 2007, 18:28   #342  |  Link
Rash

Well, people have been suggesting changes to MPC UI. Although I too would like some updating to it, I prefer that the features are working alright first.

But I'm suggesting a small modification to MPC that I don't think would give Casimir or any other developer much work. I've attached to this message a screenshot with some MPC icons a friend of mine sent me. I think they look real good, specially the mplayerc.ico that could replace the built-in MPC "old fashioned" icon. I have been using this icon on the shortcuts for MPC I have.

What do you guys think? If anyone is interested you can PM me and I will send them to you.
Attached Images

Old 8th June 2007, 03:58   #343  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

MPC can hardly use copywrited icons. >.>

Besides, icons should have a unifying theme, instead of half looking identical at normal sizes and half totally random.
Old 9th June 2007, 03:14   #344  |  Link
iron2000
Questioning User

Is there anyway to disable the OSD?
It doesn't go away once it appears.
Old 9th June 2007, 05:20   #345  |  Link
Rash

Well, I didn't know they were copywrighted. And I gave a suggestion for some icons, maybe not all of them.
Old 9th June 2007, 05:24   #346  |  Link
thuan

Yeah happen for me on VMR9 Windowed mode too, that's why I asked the same question. And I don't want to use the renderless (OSD works right in this mode) as I don't want to use the internal sub filter. EVR (no custom and there's no OSD) works fine but has 2 small glitches. The first is seeking sometimes stuck for 1sec due to EVR frame caching I think. And the other is sometimes when go to bigger or smaller video window the edge of the video flashing.
Old 9th June 2007, 13:30   #347  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron2000 View Post
Is there anyway to disable the OSD?
It doesn't go away once it appears.
I'm sorry there is no option to disable OSD
Old 9th June 2007, 15:03   #348  |  Link
Casimir666

[QUOTE=Kado;1011123Also, in the player name you should only use "Media Player Classic Homecinema" without the version so for the people that uses settings via registry don't have to save them to ini before updating to keep them (I think that the registry settings key depends on the player's name).[/QUOTE]
No the version Nb is not used for registry
Old 9th June 2007, 21:09   #349  |  Link
dontgo2sleep

All mytempdir links doesn't work
I tried couple times and always get this message:
Quote:
The file is temporary unavailable, please try again later.
Old 10th June 2007, 00:16   #350  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

@dontgo2sleep

I made an installer when the latest on my website.
Old 10th June 2007, 01:22   #351  |  Link
Netuser

any way to add Scene Cut Option like the one in Zoom Player ? so that i can watch some movies containing nudity / violence in family ? that will be great help

Thanks
Old 10th June 2007, 02:04   #352  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Has anyone else noticed that when pausing DVDs and then seeking, it'll unpause itself?

Also, for some reason VMR9 renderless causs enormous audio crackling on non-DVDs compared to the old MPC, but since EVR doesn't, I can use that (but not to watch DVDs, it always says macrovision failure if I don't rip first, huh). Still testing things out though.

The sound card is a turtle beach 5.1 external, maybe it doesn't happen with normal realteks and creatives.
Old 10th June 2007, 22:10   #353  |  Link
aba101280

I used the CasimirMod for a few days now and Yeah it really works great with the EVR but today I noticed that the DVD Contorl doesn't work with this Mod. I used the Gabest release and I had no problems there but with The Casimir Mod it is not possible for me to navigate through menues...e.g. when selecting szenes in the DVD or Root Menu. Is it possible that I did anything wrong in the configuration? I use Vista with the EVR.

Thanks a lot

Alex

Edit: Just forgotten to say: With the mouse it work...you can't see any selection arrows or something like that but when you click on it works

Last edited by aba101280; 10th June 2007 at 22:15.
Old 10th June 2007, 22:40   #354  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aba101280 View Post
I used the Gabest release and I had no problems there but with The Casimir Mod it is not possible for me to navigate through menues...e.g. when selecting szenes in the DVD or Root Menu. Is it possible that I did anything wrong in the configuration?
There are no default keys for navigating through menus in MPC, so you probably have to set whatever keys you want to use for menu up/down/left/right/enter again as I believe Casimir666's builds don't use the configuration of Gabest's older builds - I could be wrong on this, though...

np: The Black Dog - Squelch (Parallel)
Old 11th June 2007, 08:08   #355  |  Link
aba101280

Thank you for your answer. There are no keys defined in Casimirs release but I did that already, no improvement. The thing is that you even don't see any navigation arrows or "highlighted signs" in this Mod. In Gabest release you can see that and after defining keys you can navigate through DVD menues. Perhaps I did anything wrong in the configuration but there is no option I did not try yet.

Any ideas or is this function not implemented

Thanks again

Alex
Old 11th June 2007, 12:35   #356  |  Link
Casimir666

Default keyboard shortcuts for DVD navigation are :
- Alt+R : Root menu
- Alt+T : Title menu
- Alt+Arrows : Menu navigation
- Alt+Space : activate menu

Navigation with mouse didn't work with EVR yet (mouse click is not working). For "highlighted signs" i thought i had fixed it, but maybe there is still some problems...
Old 11th June 2007, 13:36   #357  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak View Post
MSDN's DirectX section (especially the HLSL reference) might be a start...

That should be about the same documentation that you get when you install the full DirectX SDK...
Thanks for the info.
The only problem with this, that it's a reference manual, and I'm missing the basics. I keep searching ...

I've found this: http://www.facewound.com/tutorials/shader1/
Old 11th June 2007, 14:24   #358  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Thanks for the info.
The only problem with this, that it's a reference manual, and I'm missing the basics. I keep searching ...
Well, there's that HLSL tutorial just a few TOC entries down.

Dunno how basic the basics you need are, though - I'd have said looking at and understanding the existing shaders in MPC would be a good starting point...
Old 12th June 2007, 08:32   #359  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak View Post
Well, there's that HLSL tutorial just a few TOC entries down.
Got it Thanks
Old 13th June 2007, 07:20   #360  |  Link
skafidask

ok i don't get it today i got the new nvidia driver 160.04 from guru3d and i tried it with MPC and some mkv files just to see if anything changed with dxva2.0 and my 8600gt card. The think now is that i
get subtitles(internal in mkv files and external) with directvobsub, because with previous drivers i got only audio and no video when i tried to load internal mkv subs with EVR. The problem now is that once Directvobsub loads i don't get any hardware acceleration from my 8600 even if EVR is the renderer, i tried the custom EVR renderer in MPC also but i could never get HA in it, probably because it uses directx9 calls and not dx10 calls, am i right?
Boy i wish that someone could fix this because with my p4 3.0Ghz CPU i can't watch anything with subtitles even with coreavc i get slow downs on some scenes.
I don't know how directvobsub works but maybe if we could get the internal MPC subtitles to work with EVR as well as MKV subs it would be fantastic.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc