Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th September 2022, 01:52   #15361  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwill View Post
I do not want to break Rule 3 but does anyone here does have experience with training GPT-3 on 4chan channel message content?

*edit*
I just googled "balkanguy" and now I am confused. This spam in indiscriminate?
Well, the user-profile of the obvious-tr0ll has been suspended (finally).
Too bad that not all of his/her posts were deleted by the moderators.
filler56789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2022, 12:39   #15362  |  Link
Dood McMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by filler56789 View Post
Well, the user-profile of the obvious-tr0ll has been suspended (finally).
Too bad that not all of his/her posts were deleted by the moderators.
I KNOW! How DARE somebody offer money to programmers to try and improve a program. The nerve of some people = WoW!
Dood McMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2022, 12:42   #15363  |  Link
Dood McMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by misakitchi View Post
Is there an alternative to ffdshow?
I need avisynth and resize like ffdshow have
There are lots of 'codec packages' but nothing comes remotely close to FFDShow in terms of how radically it can improve the quality of videos, from de-noising & clarity enhancement & gamma balance & smoothing & all that good stuff =) It is old but it's still the best. I've tried 'LAV Filters' & it can't do anything remotely close to as nice a result. The main difference is it can be 'accelerated' through 'video card processors' but it really doesn't matter because CPUs are plenty fast all alone to do any of the processing you actually need.
Old 22nd September 2022, 13:00   #15364  |  Link
Dood McMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
ffdshow has been dead and obsolete for many years. There will be no updates, fixes or anything.

Any further discussion and comments are completely pointless.
What you are saying & what you actually mean are two different things. It's like when a builder says 'there will be no more windows installed or painting to the exterior', when what he is REALLY saying is that 'I am not personally interested in doing those things'.

It's also similar to when a guy on Youtube talks about guitar 'tone wood' not making a difference, or 'magnet type' or 'string materials' or 'tube brands' being 'all the same'. That's not what they are really saying. They may have a wide variety of motivations, like saying 'it's all about the speaker' because they have some kind of 'endorsement deal' with some speaker brands to get paid, but aside from that maybe they just do not care about the sonic differences, or they have hearing damage and can not tell how much better something else sounds, or they just like to 'troll' people by giving them bad advice &/or 'stir up controversey' for entertainment ~ like the 'flat earther' types? =)

When you say 'there will be no future development' & 'it is obsolete' what you are really saying is that 'you' are not interested in doing any of that yourself. It is a 'public' software & the source code is online for free download & modification, so certainly OTHER people can do that stuff. You do not have to be involved. Nobody is forcing you. I'm guessing maybe because you are involved in the 'LAV Filters' project & that is used in 'hardware devices' for sale like 'Trinnov' & 'MadVR' that maybe you are trying to 'kill' FFDShow as a potential competitor, which would make sense, especially considering that it can run on any random PC rather than 'proprietary hardware' like fancy video cards, & the end result is much better than anything that is possible via MadVR / LAV Filters, etc.

https://www.trinnov.com/
http://madvr.com/

I'm certainly interested to help improve FFDShow & happy to pay programmers to help them out =) It would be nice to find people already familiar with the program, like you, but since YOU are not interested, maybe you can refer people to us who can do it. There is plenty of 'retail space' so people can still buy &/or use 'LAV Filters / MadVR' type stuff AND FFDShow development can continue. AC3Filter & MPC-HC are also really nice. It would great if they were rolled together with FFDShow so can access different things quick & easy through the main video player interface, & add some stuff like 'bass & treble' & 'black level' & 'highlights level' & maybe even some 'set white balance' thing like the user can point to a cloud in a scene or something & click it to say 'this is white' & it can lock the rest of the colors into place, like a camera =) A lot of movies, like that Harry Potter with green slathered on everything, or amber or blue or whatever in some movie = these are distracting & it's much more fun to watch something that looks REALISTIC rather than 'colored'.

It's all fun stuff & pretending that 'nothing can ever change now' is not an honest position given that software can do anything programmers put the effort into making it do, including enhancing FFDShow & other programs like AC3Filter & MPC-HC. Nobody is trying to force YOU to do it, & if you have 'plenty of money' & 'don't want any more money' that doesn't mean other programmers would all refuse.

Media Player Classic was started by simply asking various programmers if they would be interested to make something simple & fast based on the 'ancient' Windows Media player but with deeper functionality through submenus, & a guy was found who was interested to make it. They then lost interest, & the 'community' found other people willing to carry it into the future, via MPC-HC & MPC-BE & so on. Maybe an 'MPC+' would be a good name for combining MPC-HC with those BE style 'preview' features & stuff + AC3Filter & FFDShow all rolled into a simple portable single-button install. Lots of people around the world can have lots of fun using something like that, & it does not kill 'MadVR' or 'Trinnov' or other projects. There is no need to 'Kill' FFDShow or Media Player Classic, & pretending that 'killing' the program's future development is unrealistic because it is public stuff anyway. It does not 'belong' to you. It belongs to 'the users'.

BTW: If anybody knows some programmer(s) who want to enhance stuff like FFDShow & MPC-BE & AC3Filter, please send them my way! =) They can reach me at 'photodood (at) live.com'. I can pay them if necessary = piece by piece, like 'add this little feature for $100' & so on through each different 'tweak' to build up to the final result like assembling Lego bricks =D

Last edited by Dood McMan; 22nd September 2022 at 13:10.

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl