Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 13th February 2009, 22:20   #201  |  Link
rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadcoreHD View Post
@rica,

You are right on, I have finally gotten time to update the guide. It now includes using BDInfo into part of the process.

Thanks for the sugesstion!
You are welcome my friend.
One of the best guides is yours.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 23:17   #202  |  Link
QuadcoreHD

@rica,

I truly appreciate that comment.

I was prompted to write this guide after facing the frustration of finding information on ripping/demuxing/etc... blu-ray discs about a year ago. I know that the trend is going towards eac3to/mkv, that kind of thing, but i just find the AnyDVD/TSMuxer method (and now BDInfo :P) so easy to use, easy to explain (and quite frankly less intimidating for newbies :P ) that I like to try and keep this guide popular. I know that this guide has a few views, and a number of comments, but your praise for its actual usefulness is wonderful. I often wonder if this guide actually helps people, and hopefully it really does!

Anyway, thanks again Rica for the kind words.

Last edited by QuadcoreHD; 15th February 2009 at 23:48.
QuadcoreHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 04:00   #203  |  Link
setarip_old

@QuadcoreHD

Hi!

Why hasn't your excellent guide (this thread) been made a "Sticky"?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 05:04   #204  |  Link
QuadcoreHD

I don't know, but I'd be so lucky to have that happen

And as a side note Seta, I know your a person with strict attention to detail, and a wealth of knowledge regarding many topics on this forum. I'm very greatful to receive your comment as well.

Thank you.

Last edited by QuadcoreHD; 16th February 2009 at 20:40.
QuadcoreHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 21:58   #205  |  Link
rica

Thanks mods, thanks quadcore

This was the right place.

Last edited by rica; 18th February 2009 at 01:06.
Old 22nd February 2009, 00:37   #206  |  Link
rupps1

This is a really great guide and I have been tampering around with the movie WAL-E. I am not sure if this is a Disney thing or not, but when I try to MUX the main movie I can hear the movie with the director overdub from the STREAM folder using Powerdvd I muxed and only get a black screen for video. I can MUX other stream files so I know that TSMUXER is working as it seems to be only the main movie. I alos tried creating the .ISO and also get blackness, yet at least the director is gone. I have tried everything and getting frustrated. I am still a newbie and maybe chose the wrong movie to start with. IF there is any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.
rupps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:18   #207  |  Link
rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupps1 View Post
This is a really great guide and I have been tampering around with the movie WAL-E. I am not sure if this is a Disney thing or not, but when I try to MUX the main movie I can hear the movie with the director overdub from the STREAM folder using Powerdvd I muxed and only get a black screen for video. I can MUX other stream files so I know that TSMUXER is working as it seems to be only the main movie. I alos tried creating the .ISO and also get blackness, yet at least the director is gone. I have tried everything and getting frustrated. I am still a newbie and maybe chose the wrong movie to start with. IF there is any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.
Download BDInfo (select v.0.4.1_most stable version):
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/BDInf...sions#download

I suppose you have AnyDVD-HD.

After AnyDVD completed scanning start BDInfo and open the disc with BDInfo.

It will show you the main mpls on the left upper corner.

Open this mpls with TSMuxer.

_ _ _ _ _

Last edited by rica; 22nd February 2009 at 22:23.
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:51   #208  |  Link
rupps1

Thank you for your response Rica. As a side note I have used all of the tools, especially BDInfo and the main feature has up to four .MPLS files which I tried using. I have been choosing the streaming files mostly becasue TSMuxer gives me some errors when I choose .mpls files. I feel that the real confusion is exactly which .mpls file is the actual one to choose. Like I said, I think Disney may have done their home work on this one.
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:44   #209  |  Link
rica

Quote:
I feel that the real confusion is exactly which .mpls file is the actual one to choose.
mpls which you see on the upper left corner is always the main mpls. If you are having issues with mpls files in TSMuxer use the main m2ts which you will see on the right side of the main mpls.
Attached Images

Last edited by rica; 24th February 2009 at 23:42.
Old 23rd February 2009, 21:47   #210  |  Link
rupps1

Yes, this is exactly what I get as well, except I get three .mpls files to choose from descibing the same feature film, yet with other differing stream files. Would you be kind enough to send a snapshot of your loading the mpls file into TSMuser just to make sure I amd loading correctly? Thanks.
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:12   #211  |  Link
QuadcoreHD

@rupps1

Maybe I'm missing something here, but just open the .MLPS identified by BDInfo in TSmuxer. It's extremely easy, and I'm not sure what is causing you issue.

BDInfo will identify the .MLPS file you need to open in TSMuxer. Open it in TSMuxer, chose your streams and that's it.

Thanks.
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:22   #212  |  Link
rica

Yes open your main mpls (in our sample 0003.mpls), it is under BDMV\STREAM.

When you open the mpls you will see the main m2ts:
Old 24th February 2009, 00:43   #213  |  Link
rupps1

YEs, this is item by item I used to find the exact .m2ts file. This is what is puzzling. I can play the main feature, as I said with director dialog, from the STREAM folder with all video. Once I MUX this file it is always black. In fact there seems to almost be an overlay in which it looks like a silouette of people on a couch, but still black. When MUXed this still apprears but at least the directors voice is gone and the movie just plays. I am thinking that Disney has added something to their file, unless they rearange the order of the Video and audio, just a guess.
Old 24th February 2009, 00:58   #214  |  Link
rupps1

P.S.- I also see you have "TS MUXING" selecting and not "Create Blu-Ray disk". Is this the correct way or is the create Blu Ray supposed to be selected?
Old 24th February 2009, 01:13   #215  |  Link
setarip_old

@rupps1

Hi!
Quote:
when I try to MUX the main movie I can hear the movie with the director overdub from the STREAM folder using Powerdvd I muxed and only get a black screen for video.
What happens when you play the ORIGINAL BluRay disc with PowerDVD?
Old 24th February 2009, 01:30   #216  |  Link
rica

Quote:
P.S.- I also see you have "TS MUXING" selecting and not "Create Blu-Ray disk". Is this the correct way or is the create Blu Ray supposed to be selected?
This is default not by selected by myself.
Selecting BD doesn't change the result.
Old 24th February 2009, 01:52   #217  |  Link
rupps1

When originally played in PowerDVD there is a clean video, except the director narrates over the film. It seems to be some setting in TSMuxer that doens't translate. When I play the newly Muxed STREAM file that is whn it shows black.
Old 24th February 2009, 02:21   #218  |  Link
rupps1

I just tried to Mux this again. It takes 45 min. If you see the sihouette, there seems to be some kind of overlay.
Attached Images

Old 24th February 2009, 02:21   #219  |  Link
setarip_old

I believe you've misunderstood my question, since "tsMuxeR" would not be involved in what I'm asking you.

Again, what happens when you play the ORIGINAL BluRay disc (the commercial BluRay disc that you purchased) with PowerDVD?
Old 24th February 2009, 02:35   #220  |  Link
rupps1

Oh, sorry. I can play the disk just fine.