Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 13th October 2010, 20:52   #1  |  Link
tizank tha bizank

IG Encode Error | Run-Length Encoding Error

Got this error when trying to Mux my movie in Scenarist-BD.
I've never encountered this.

"the size of any line after coding exceeds the size of the line before coding"

The menu that is having an issue was originally 1920x1080, but then i made a copy and shrunk it down to work for 1280x720 footage.

Anyone know what to do or how to fix it?

Any other suggestions toi shrink down my 1080p popup for 720p?

Thanks
tizank tha bizank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 22:09   #2  |  Link
mp3dom

It's a problem regarding the dithering that occour in the IG. It happends when Scenarist tries to shrink the IG. To resolve this, try to export the IG disabling the dithering (set it to None).
As a general rule, you should try to avoid too much use of smooth gradients and/or very complex images with lots of small details.
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 23:09   #3  |  Link
rik1138

Yeah, either turn dithering off, or just keep playing with the settings until Scenarist accepts it... (Sometimes just turning it off won't solve the problem.) There's 3 different dithering options in Designer, and there's a slider (I think) for each. Try one at 50%, or 75%, or try another... (Also, recommended to make sure you are using the latest Designer. The dithering features are something they are constantly updating...)

The only time I had a problem with this was when the pop-up menu background graphic was an image of water with sunlight hitting it. Lots of ripples, shiny spots, etc. I think I exported it several times until I found a dither option that Scenarist accepted, and still looked pretty good...

(This is all assuming you are using Designer to export your menus... I assume they are going through Designer at some point, if they are being delivered to you, you need to request that these settings be tried and redelivered. If that's the case, have them just send you a couple of save-outs with different dither options.)
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ig encoding error, scenarist bd