Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th June 2004, 12:58   #1  |  Link
mg262
Clouded

PixieDustPP by Didée (was: Dust and blocks, a.k.a making dust even slower)

Edit: Go down here to get Didée's new script, which alleviates a lot of the quirks of PixieDust.

Original (very old) post...

For those of you that can bear to spend the time, I've found that the following is quite effective against the artefacts of dust on a very noisy source:

Split the source into four copies, shifted like this:

a=last
b=crop(2, 0, -2, 0)
c=crop(0, 2, 0, -2)
d=crop(2, 2 ,-2, -2)

Dust each one separately, and recombine. (For the source in question, which is extremely noisy, I use peachsmoother on the result.)

The most annoying thing about the process is that you can't run multiple copies of dust in one script. I had thought that 2.55's dllname_functionname calling syntax might allow you to get round the problem by duplicating the dust DLL, but I can't get that the work. (See here http://www.avisynth.org/AviSynthPlugins for the calling syntax.)

I've resorted to using a preprocessing script, four dust scripts and a combining script, but usually one of the dust scripts crashes. I doesn't anyone knows of a lightweight program that will duplicate the Vdub direct stream copy (or even ->huffy) but that retries a script if there's a crash?

Last edited by mg262; 24th October 2005 at 13:39. Reason: Update thread title and link to PixieDustPP
mg262 is offline   Reply With Quote